commmmme onnnn Habs!

edit: BAH!

Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 5:47 AM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
commmmme onnnn Habs!

edit: BAH!

agreed! Especially with the "BAH!" So sad! Oh well. Need a little drama, right? Habs in 5 now!
Did anyone see the Flames game? They were down 3-0 3 minutes into the game and came back to win 4-3! That sea of red was happy tonight!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
Boy, lots of great hockey over the weekend..Woohoo, go Stars! They really dominated the Ducks.

So, what's with some teams having to play back-to-back games? The Wild play tonight AND tomorrow. They evened the series on Friday, yeah! :)

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
Maaaaaan, The Flames give me heart problems.

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Boy, lots of great hockey over the weekend..Woohoo, go Stars! They really dominated the Ducks.

So, what's with some teams having to play back-to-back games? The Wild play tonight AND tomorrow. They evened the series on Friday, yeah! :)

That was a crazy/awesome game on Friday!!! What's up with a 9:00 p.m. start time? It is giong to be a late night. Go Wild!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:51 AM Quote
any comments on Avery? Did you see his super random/idiotic way of trying to distract Brodeur? Swinging his stick and hand in his face? It was so strange. ive played hockey since I was 4, and take a great deal of pride in being a pain the goalies ass, but that was just weird! But then again, its avery, so what can you expect? The actually ammended a rule bc of it. It something you would do playing floor hockey in gym class in grade 4.
in case you missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw
I hate that he scored on that shift.
Im kinda torn with that series. I love Shanahan, but I also love Brodeur..hmmm
Also, i realized that i share a lot of hockey hate on here. Im not bitter and angry, i swear! lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
any comments on Avery? Did you see his super random/idiotic way of trying to distract Brodeur? Swinging his stick and hand in his face? It was so strange. ive played hockey since I was 4, and take a great deal of pride in being a pain the goalies ass, but that was just weird! But then again, its avery, so what can you expect? The actually ammended a rule bc of it. It something you would do playing floor hockey in gym class in grade 4.
in case you missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw
I hate that he scored on that shift.
Im kinda torn with that series. I love Shanahan, but I also love Brodeur..hmmm
Also, i realized that i share a lot of hockey hate on here. Im not bitter and angry, i swear! lol

Uhhhhhhhhhg...the Wings game just ended. GAH! WTF happened!?!?!? Ok...that's all you're going to get outta the Wings, stinkin' Nashville. We got this won in 5. Those jerks don't even know what ice is down there. >:O !!!! If I have to hear the "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it" country song when they score again I'm gonna throw my TV out the window.

Kristy, about Sean Avery...I liked him while he was on the Wings, but can understand how easy it is to hate him when he's on the opposing team. That mean streak has seemed to come out even more now that he's on the Rangers. He's doing all sorts of crazy stuff. I've never seen ANYONE block the goaltender like that before. I probably haven't seen it because it's not an effective way to block. Your back is to the play and you can't see where the puck is coming from. He needs to study the master of blocking the goalie--the Wings' Tomas Holmstrom. Homer RULES! :D It's a total fluke that he scored on that shift...it didn't really have anything to do with his weird blocking technique.

Oh, and I agree 100% about Shanny. I miss him dearly. He won 3 cups with Detroit and will always be a Wing to me. :) I'm just glad he moved on to an Eastern Conference team to finish out his career...that way I don't have to see him in that blue jersey too often! It's kinda like when Osgood went to the Blues for a season. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy we got him back!!!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:20 AM Quote
New Jersey suck balls, I hate Broduer always have done. I laughed my head off at Avery although it was pretty dumb to turn your back to the puck, those things hurt you know, I have had many a duck egg on my leg from tossers not looking what they are doing in practice.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Oh, and I agree 100% about Shanny. I miss him dearly. He won 3 cups with Detroit and will always be a Wing to me. :) I'm just glad he moved on to an Eastern Conference team to finish out his career...that way I don't have to see him in that blue jersey too often! It's kinda like when Osgood went to the Blues for a season. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy we got him back!!! [/quote]

Aww, I love Shanny (or Brenny sometimes, lol...we are close like that). Everytime I take the train into Toronto from where i live (i'm about an hour away) you go through Mimico, his hometown and i always get a little smile.
He is such an amazing hockey player and leader, and a great funny guy!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
ParkAvePirate wrote:
That was a crazy/awesome game on Friday!!! What's up with a 9:00 p.m. start time? It is giong to be a late night. Go Wild!

This OT series is going to kill me! I'll have to take a nap before tonight's game. Hopefully the Wild can win in regulation!! Woohoo, go Wild!

Stars play tonight too!! Go Stars!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
Nikki--sorry about the Red Wings loss last night. Admittedly, I was routing for the Predators to at least take one game, but I know that Detroit will advance :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
Detroit lost on purpose last night, just to keep it interesting. ;o)

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

But, of course!! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

But, of course!! :)

We did it so we could win the series at home. ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
does detroit have a roller derby team ?

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:18 AM