Travis

Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Turco should have called Ozzy out to centre ice. At the end of the day though the only thing that matters is the result but in finishing if you're going take down a Red Wing do it properly

If they were to duke it out on center ice, my money would be on Turco...hopefully it'd spark some life into the Stars who dug themselves a big hole. I'm hoping that they just don't get swept :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
What Ozzy did was so damm stupid, he could have blinded Ribeiro and then for him to go down like a ton of bricks from a slash when he can take a 100mph+ slapshot to the chest with no bother was embarrassing. Saying that the slash was a bit of pathetic thing to do too.

Turco should have called Ozzy out to centre ice. At the end of the day though the only thing that matters is the result but in finishing if you're going take down a Red Wing do it properly

Noodles Shows The Way

Hmmmm....somebody's bitter there team isn't in the playoffs anymore! :P haha! But seriously, hope you're joking about that violent slash to Franzen on that youtube clip. That dude should have been arrested. WTF. I'm all for droppin' the gloves at center ice, but using the stick as a weapon doesn't belong in the game of hockey. It's the most cowardly thing a player can do.

Both players got fines...moving on to game 3. GO WINGS!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Darran wrote:

If they were to duke it out on center ice, my money would be on Turco...hopefully it'd spark some life into the Stars who dug themselves a big hole. I'm hoping that they just don't get swept :)

I don't know...Ozzie is small, but he's had experience in these sotra situations. He did fight that crazy MoFo Patty Roy after all.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
Hate the Roy. (Wah!)

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Hate the Roy. (Wah!)

Ditto!

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Roy was the biggest cock ever, loved Hasek pasting him.

Of course i'm on the wind up Nikki, i'm just waiting for the kindergarten kids to take you apart come Final time. :-D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Roy was the biggest cock ever, loved Hasek pasting him.

Of course I'm on the wind up Nikki, I'm just waiting for the kindergarten kids to take you apart come Final time. :-D

Yay! We may all be rooting for different teams...but at least we can all agree that Roy is a total douche! :D LOL!

Crosby and Malkin can shove it. I watched the game last night and I really think we can take them (or Philly) down. Their defense just doesn't match up. The Wings are such a complete, deep team offensively AND defensively.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
Nikki, you should go into sports journalism!

Anyone remember Keith Primeau? A long time ago, people used to mistake my husband for him all the time. We almost got our food free at McDonald's once because the cashier thought Don was Keith. I kept telling him he should have bought a jersey and taken full advantage. Personally, though, I don't see the resemblance.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki, you should go into sports journalism!

Anyone remember Keith Primeau? A long time ago, people used to mistake my husband for him all the time. We almost got our food free at McDonald's once because the cashier thought Don was Keith. I kept telling him he should have bought a jersey and taken full advantage. Personally, though, I don't see the resemblance.

You know, it's always been in the back of my mind. I think I'd probably be really good at sports writing, just because I'm so passionate about it. I might do it. :) We'll see. I just wouldn't want to get stuck on the NBA, NFL or MLB beat...it'd have to be NHL. :)

Hahhaa! I bet no one wanted to mess with you and Don when you were out on the town. :P Primeau was bad ass. I'd have to see a picture of him again, but I didn't see any resemblance the first time I saw Don's pic. It might be different now that I know I'm supposed to be comparing him to Keith Primeau.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
there a game tonight ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
there a game tonight ?

Detroit/Dallas game is on right now. 3-2 end of 2nd

I wish my non existant husband looked like a hockey player. Some people think my friends husband looks like Jason Spezza. he really doesnt.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 4:04 AM Quote
Yay Wings!
Although I would pay to have the speed of the Stars' Peterson! My Lord that guy can fly!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Great game by the Wings (again)!!!!!! :D That's 9 in a row! Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk are insane!!! They're so fun to watch!!!! Bring on the Pens! Oh wait, we still have to win one more against Dallas. Sorry Sandy and Mary. :(

Kristy, I’m with ya 100 percent on the hockey players as husbands thing, LOL! Seriously…nothing is hotter than a hockey player or musician. :O) I will hardly ever say anything remotely good about another team cuz I’m such a crazy, die-hard Wings fan, but I have to admit Jason Spezza is HOT. Henrik Zetterberg is in total scrubby, playoff mode right now, but he cleans up REAL well…when he’s clean shaven, has short hair and puts his teeth in (LMAO) …he’s a total hunk.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
does detroit have a roller derby team ?

Detroit Derby Girls

http://www.detroitrollerderby.com/images/recruit_home.jpg

Ankles Aflame. That's my new roller derby name.
I took my Junior She-Devil roller skating last night (it was super cheap skate night [pun intended]). I haven't been on roller skates since...oh, let's just say big hair and parachute pants were all the rage. I fell only once, and that was because I turned around to watch JSD (Junior She-Devil) skating without holding on to the side. I'm just a wee bit sore this morning, but not too bad.
One thing that kinda tugged at my heartstrings--while we were there a little girl came in using a motorized wheelchair. She steered it by mouth, so she must have been completely paralyzed. They let her take her wheelchair out on the skating rink. She started spinning and wheeling and just going crazy. You could tell that was her bit of freedom.

th74
th74 Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
does detroit have a roller derby team ?

Detroit Derby Girls

http://www.detroitrollerderby.com/images/recruit_home.jpg

Ankles Aflame. That's my new roller derby name.
I took my Junior She-Devil roller skating last night (it was super cheap skate night [pun intended]). I haven't been on roller skates since...oh, let's just say big hair and parachute pants were all the rage. I fell only once, and that was because I turned around to watch JSD (Junior She-Devil) skating without holding on to the side. I'm just a wee bit sore this morning, but not too bad.
One thing that kinda tugged at my heartstrings--while we were there a little girl came in using a motorized wheelchair. She steered it by mouth, so she must have been completely paralyzed. They let her take her wheelchair out on the skating rink. She started spinning and wheeling and just going crazy. You could tell that was her bit of freedom.

First, yeah Wings! Second, Ankles Aflame, I too recently went skating for the first time in years, and had lots of fun! I fell once, and it hurts way more to fall when you're older. And the rink still played a Michael Jackson song, just like I was 11 again.

Pages Previous 1...21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:01 AM