Travis

Re: Let's talk about something interesting
th74
th74 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Jolene! Yes, I saw it! I thought it was pretty good. I like Brooke. Ramiele and Kristy need to go bye-bye in my opinion. What do you think of Jason Castro? I think his looks have a lot to do with his success, but he's not bad. If he'd get that rat's nest hair cut off, he'd be a nice looking guy. My favorites are Brooke and David Cook, but David A. is good, too.

I like Brooke, too. I dislike Kristy and Jason Castro, a lot. I really dislike his hair. I like Carly, too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
My hubby's dad once had the brilliant idea of raising their own turkey for Thanksgiving. You know, a project! I think Brian was 11 or 12.

He said slaughter day was one of the most traumatic events of his childhood. The killing wasn't exactly a smooth process.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Jolene! Yes, I saw it! I thought it was pretty good. I like Brooke. Ramiele and Kristy need to go bye-bye in my opinion. What do you think of Jason Castro? I think his looks have a lot to do with his success, but he's not bad. If he'd get that rat's nest hair cut off, he'd be a nice looking guy. My favorites are Brooke and David Cook, but David A. is good, too.

I like Brooke, too. I dislike Kristy and Jason Castro, a lot. I really dislike his hair. I like Carly, too.

It comes and goes with me for Carly. If she is singing at a range that normal humans can hear, she's great; but she tends to get a little screeeeeechy at times. I can't stand that screamy-singing.

Aw, I have a hard time finding any Jason Castro supporters. The hair--man, you know there's gotta be mildew growing in those ropes! Sheweee! Spiders and all manner of detritus.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Same thing happens if you cut it's head off. That's why you have to tie them up before you do it, or throw something over them. At least that's what my "do it yourself" neighbors used to do. They actually brought a chicken home from some place and tied it to their kid's swing set and cut it's head off. Blood was all over the place. We live in the 'burbs people! Not chicken slaughter country!

I know some " old country " folk who will dig a pit and roast a pig in their back yard . Hey Kayte your husband got a web link for his paintings ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Same thing happens if you cut it's head off. That's why you have to tie them up before you do it, or throw something over them. At least that's what my "do it yourself" neighbors used to do. They actually brought a chicken home from some place and tied it to their kid's swing set and cut it's head off. Blood was all over the place. We live in the 'burbs people! Not chicken slaughter country!

I know some " old country " folk who will dig a pit and roast a pig in their back yard . Hey Kayte your husband got a web link for his paintings ?

Yep. PM'd it to ya.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
Anybody ever go through a very ugly friendship break-up? Not a boyfriend/girlfriend romance break-up, but a regular pal that you've just grown apart from and don't want to maintain a friendship with any longer?

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
Mike the Headless Wonder-Chicken

th74
th74 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:08 PM Quote

I'm not sure if I should be more impressed by Mike the Chicken himself, or with Moray for this find.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:10 PM Quote

Is this the same chicken who had it's head cut off but it survived for 2 years or 2 months or something ridiculously long, and the family used to feed it by putting food down it's neck?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:11 PM Quote

as mentioned on Qi. but still kudos for remembering/posting

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Anybody ever go through a very ugly friendship break-up? Not a boyfriend/girlfriend romance break-up, but a regular pal that you've just grown apart from and don't want to maintain a friendship with any longer?

that's kinda heavy maZn but yup

th74
th74 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, but my friendship break up had to do with money stolen from me. It was pretty ugly. And I don't miss that friend at all, to be honest.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

that's kinda heavy maZn but yup

Very heavy. I'm in the thick of it. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

what's happened like?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

what's happened like?

Well, kind of a long story that I don't really want to go into here, but basically, I had a long-time friend (since 1st grade) and we have gone down different paths in life. She has made a lot of decisions that I consider foolish. She has a wicked temper that she unleashes at the drop of a hat. The last time she lashed out at me, I had it. Enough. I stopped communicating with her. She never apologized. But she keeps trying to contact me. I just received a letter yesterday. She has breast cancer and had a mastectomy (she's only 36). I feel sorry for her and all, cancer is terrible and I'm sure she's terrified. But I can't go back to that friendship. I have forgiven her in my heart, but I do not want to continue that relationship. She, however, wants direct answers why I have not been contacting her for 3 years. I hate to tell her things that will hurt her, but what else can I do? This has been going on since we were kids. I feel ridiculous having a problem like this as an adult. Let the Boardie Psychotherapy begin.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:53 PM