Travis

50 best indie anthems
rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
i was watching el music channel today and Travis came 12th as part of the 50 best indie anthems..i thought they shouldve been like atleast in the top 10 but there we are..they played Why Does It Always Rain On Me..which is probably what they are most famous for..
but yeahh...i suppose it was a better result than some of the other 'top 100' or 'best 50' whatevers cos i've seen it before where they've been like 23!! cripeys eh?
Coldpay were 2nd and Oasis (not surprisingly) came 1st..
hmmm..yeahh..that's about it :)
i do think travis are quite underestimated sometimes..i think that about Manic Street Preachers too though..ahh it annoys me!
x

Re: 50 best indie anthems
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Travis are the most underrated band of all time, in my opinion - especially in the US. Whenever I have a conversation with someone and we get on the subject of music, I bring up Travis and most the time the person I'm talking to has never even heard of them! Yet, every single time I let someone barrow one of their albums they're so impressed.

My mom just got a new car and it has this touch-screen radio called "MyGig" that allows you to upload entire albums or MP3 files. It's so great because you don't have to bring CDs or an iPod in the car with you...it's all stored in the radio's memory. Anyways, I uploaded "The Invisible Band" for my mom yesterday to teach her how it works. She likes Travis, but I don't think she's heard every song from "TIB"...she turned to me during "The Cage" and said "This is beautiful! They don't have a bad song!" Now she wants every Travis album on her MyGig. :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
i knoww!!!
somethimes i think people are too ignorant to be interested though..cos they might not be the most popular band..but if people took the time..theyll be impressed..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
i knoww!!!
somethimes i think people are too ignorant to be interested though..cos they might not be the most popular band..but if people took the time..theyll be impressed..

It's really sad that some people listen to music based on what's popular. How about what sounds good.

Rebekah, this is random, but you look JUST like one of my best friends, Hilary. The first time I saw your avatar I thought it was her because she's kinda into Travis, lol!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
They got me into 'proper' music when I was 13 and I've loved them ever since. They're my favourite band and no band comes close for me. They're so special and I love them. :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
rebekah wrote:
i knoww!!!

It's really sad that some people listen to music based on what's popular. How about what sounds good.

Rebekah, this is random, but you look JUST like one of my best friends, Hilary. The first time I saw your avatar I thought it was her because she's kinda into Travis, lol!

hahah creeppyyy :S
i know people who think they have seen someone who looks exactly like themselves..i wonder if somewhere in the world..there is a person that looks exactly like yourself..do you know what i meanyy?
strange if it was true..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
They got me into 'proper' music when I was 13 and I've loved them ever since. They're my favourite band and no band comes close for me. They're so special and I love them. :)

word!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

word!

:) hehe

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
i knoww!!!

Here here.
You are soooooo right.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Travis are the most underrated band of all time, in my opinion - especially in the US.

or as in my case I get totaly trashed for liking them , my Travis bumpersticker is constantly ridiculed by my friends

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Travis are the most underrated band of all time, in my opinion - especially in the US.

or as in my case I get totaly trashed for liking them , my Travis bumpersticker is constantly ridiculed by my friends

i think in the UK people have kinda forgotten about them..i know that sounds harsh..but like they were most famous back in the days of TMW..shame..its only us who are still here..but why not ehh? new stuff acoming soonyy :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I wish they had Travis bumper stickers in the wee store!!! Hmmm...think i'll ask TWT. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
Nikki...
What does the bubble in your Stevie Y pic say?
It's too small for me to read.
Edit: Never mind! I just saw the thread. That's pretty adorable, and actually kinda funny bc I make bubble pics of hockey players all the time. Bc I am THAT lame!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki...
What does the bubble in your Stevie Y pic say?
It's too small for me to read.
Edit: Never mind! I just saw the thread. That's pretty adorable, and actually kinda funny bc I make bubble pics of hockey players all the time. Bc I am THAT lame!

Ahh, yes. I <3 Steve Yzerman. It was a great 3,000th post surprise from boardies Anne & Juli. Glad you like it. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 5:37 AM Quote
Yeah, I don't know why but a lot of people just don't bother listening to them. Here everybody knows Sing, and most people like it, but not enough to do a little research.
And newer stuff aren't so common here. However I think the singles from TBWNN are being played more than the ones off 12 Memories.
They made quite an impression when they played here for the first time though (of course, they were awesome and stole the festival). I think there's a bunch of new fans in Argentina thanks to that :o)

rebekah wrote:

hahah creeppyyy :S
i know people who think they have seen someone who looks exactly like themselves..i wonder if somewhere in the world..there is a person that looks exactly like yourself..do you know what i meanyy?
strange if it was true..

I know one. My twin sister. Not exactly like me but pretty close... not so cool, a bit overrated for my taste :oP.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:10 AM