Travis

Red Dog?
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
The 12 Memories booklet says "Paperclips - Additional vocals by Red Dog." Does anyone have any idea what that's supposed to mean?

And btw, I somehow got the idea that the clarinet on Paperclips was played by Dougie. Is it just my imagination, or might it possibly be true?

Re: Red Dog?
Alisha
Alisha Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
eh.
eheh.

am I the only one who though of "Almost Famous" the moment I saw the name of the topic? :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:51 AM Quote
Dougie did mention playing something on Paperclips in his diaries recently.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
The 12 Memories booklet says "Paperclips - Additional vocals by Red Dog." Does anyone have any idea what that's supposed to mean?

And btw, I somehow got the idea that the clarinet on Paperclips was played by Dougie. Is it just my imagination, or might it possibly be true?

Well, there IS a dog whimpering in Paperclips; Red Dog is probably her/him (that whimpering is one of the reasons i can't listen to that song...)

Don't know about Dougie playing the clarinet on this track. He does play saxofone though, so maybe he did after all

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Dougie did mention playing something on Paperclips in his diaries recently.

Yes, I think I have a vague memory of that. I'll have to check it out some time.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Well, there IS a dog whimpering in Paperclips; Red Dog is probably her/him (that whimpering is one of the reasons i can't listen to that song...)

True, but I've never noticed that before. I thought it was some kind of vehicle of something, but this probably explains where the "additional vocals" come in.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
True, but I've never noticed that before. I thought it was some kind of vehicle of something, but this probably explains where the "additional vocals" come in.

You mean like squeaky wheels or something? :D

I'm sorry, this goes completely off the topic now, but whenever i think of or hear squeaky wheels it reminds me of Eddie Izzard and his Achilles heel clip :D

EDIT: are you still working on the Travis discography project? how's it going?

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Yup, there's definitely dog noises on Paperclips... and Dougie definitely said he plays clarinet on it too!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
In Dougie's dairies Day 12 he answered a bunch of questions. I had asked if he was going to play sax on the next tour, more meaning I want him to just randomly bust it out, not whether he'll be playing it on the new album. But he took it to mean is he playing it on the new album and he said no, and then he said:

The closest i have got is the little clarinet part in paperclips.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:

You mean like squeaky wheels or something? :D

I'm sorry, this goes completely off the topic now, but whenever i think of or hear squeaky wheels it reminds me of Eddie Izzard and his Achilles heel clip :D

EDIT: are you still working on the Travis discography project? how's it going?

Exactly! Squeaky wheels, in the most scary sense of the word. (It always makes me think of an episode in Midsomer Murders with a squeaking pram and a squeaking wheelbarrow.)

Yes, I'm still working, thanks for asking:-) The reason I wrote this post in the first place was that I was just writing about Paperclips, and wanted some confirmed information. I have one month left, and then I'll hopefully have finished the discography thing enough to show to you all. I had meant to post the articles here continuously as I wrote them, but now I think I'll just post everything at once, and hope I haven't done too many embarrasing mistakes.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
In Dougie's dairies Day 12 he answered a bunch of questions. I had asked if he was going to play sax on the next tour, more meaning I want him to just randomly bust it out, not whether he'll be playing it on the new album. But he took it to mean is he playing it on the new album and he said no, and then he said:

Oh, yes. Sounds familiar. Thanks!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Well, i don´t know if he alredy played clarinet of is a synth effect...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Well, i don´t know if he alredy played clarinet of is a synth effect...

I believe since he said he played that he did and it's not a synth effect.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
Alisha wrote:
eh.
eheh.

am I the only one who though of "Almost Famous" the moment I saw the name of the topic? :)

wasn't that Fever Dog? or was there another song or person, perhaps? love that movie, btw!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Yeah, that song was Fever Dog

Feeeeeever Dooooggggggg, scratching at my back dooooooorrrrrr.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:29 AM