Travis

Re: Travis and you. Where did it all begin?
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
I remember hearing WDIAROM on the radio in 1999, and seeing the videos for both that one and Turn on Swedish television. I considered WDIAROM to be one of my favorite radio songs at the time, but I was only ten years old and didn't really buy records. I also remember hearing their Baby One More Time on the radio, thinking it was such a great thing to do. Then, when I heard Side, I instantly thought it was an amazing track too, but it wasn't until early 2004 that I finally bought my first Travis record, The Man Who. I got the rest of the albums during that year. The last one I bought was Good Feeling, but it was that album that finally made Travis my favorite band. That album was the proof to me that Travis could make loud rock songs as well as the most beautiful melodies you've ever heard, and I think that's what it takes to be a great band. It however took me about a year until I realized that Sing was actually by far their most well-known song. I didn't pay much attention to it when it was played on the radio, and it still annoys me that that's the only Travis song people have heard about, because it kind of gives them the wrong idea of what Travis are about. So I think, anyway.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
mine started in 2002, seeing Side video
quickly, I fell in love with that song

Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 7:04 AM Quote
At 2000 me and my father went to buy the newspaper and I read in the cultural section a review of The Invisible Man. I can't remenber what it said exactly but I do recall the man who wrote it said that it was a kind of esquizoprenic (i don´t know how to writte the word correctly) and melancollic sound and that to me was really strange, so the next day I went to buy the cd and I felt completely in love with the sound. I didn't agree with that description but it didn't matter 'cause thank to that I knew the greatest band ever. Nice!

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
The first time I came across Travis was when I saw the video for 'Tied to the 90s'. I liked it a lot, but somehow didn't investigate further about the band or buy the record. The next thing I saw was the video for 'Writing to reach you'. I liked that video as well and remembered that I had enjoyed 'that other song' and in July 1999 I finally got my first Travis CD, The Man Who. I loved that record , but I first thought they were too mellow to become my favourite band. That all changed in December when I saw them play live. They just blew me away. The next day I bought Good Feeling and first visited this very site :)
Nice memories :)

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
"sing" video.It was awesome.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
happy_to_hang_around wrote:
"sing" video.It was awesome.

it is awesome!!! =P

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Well I used to hear them on the Music channels and the radio and think yeah it's that band they're pretty cool. That was it for a while, then I knew they were called Travis a while after and used to think they were an alright band but that was about it. Then my mate who really likes them asked about going to a gig, all of us ended up going on 22nd May 2007. A while before the gig I bought The Boy With No Name and thought it was great. Then the night of the gig I was amazed, the few days after I bought all of their albums, bought their Singles DVD and a few weeks back found their More Than Us DVD in a second hand shop. Since then Travis have been known as one of, if not my favourite band.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 5:35 AM