Travis

Re: If someone goes to the Fran solo performance..
Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Yeah, i was also at the Melkweg and i remember him saying that. I didn't ask, sorry, but hopefully soon :)

And about the order of the songs. He said he was playing them in the order that he wrote them, but he added an extra song on the spot because he said someone requested it, it was either the humpty dumpty love song or why does it always rain on me.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:
Yeah, i was also at the Melkweg and i remember him saying that. I didn't ask, sorry, but hopefully soon :)

And about the order of the songs. He said he was playing them in the order that he wrote them, but he added an extra song on the spot because he said someone requested it, it was either the humpty dumpty love song or why does it always rain on me.

ohh that's the girl who smiled at me and I didn't understand why (I was just thinking everyone in Holland was nice to me, and I didn't know why but I liked it :))

I hate myself for not having bought a decent-sized memory card for my camera, cause not having recorded properly "The Humpty Dumpty Love Song" really breaks my heart. But anyway, be joyful, for at least I had the chance to grab these two bites of All I want to do si rock and Turn which I'm trying (really hard with no success at present time) to upload to youtube.

EDIT: eventually lucky with one of the uploads, here's a bit from All I Want to Do is Rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLnkSG_Fu1k

EDIT2: and here's Turn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrsla8Ns1fI

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:

Surely it was Why does it always rain on me.. That explains everything. Thank you very much

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
nice pics Fer Fer...

you had such a nice time with Franny =)

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Thanks FerFer and Alisha! I went to the show as well but didn't bring a camera...very clever... :)
Anyway, nice to see some pics and videos.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
So who managed the guitar solo in All I Wanna Do Is Rock???

Alisha
Alisha Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
if you refer to very veeery poor recording of the chorus bite, my camera's to be blamed for it :P

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
Fran did the guitar solo himself. I don't know much (or anything) about guitars and all the equipment that goes with it, but i imagine it must've been pretty tough to get that sound alone on a guitar that you're not used to. He had a little foot switch thingy he was working with and then went over to the speaker to do the solo. I'm not a good judge, but it sounded pretty good to me considering he was all on his own.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:
Fran did the guitar solo himself. I don't know much (or anything) about guitars and all the equipment that goes with it, but i imagine it must've been pretty tough to get that sound alone on a guitar that you're not used to. He had a little foot switch thingy he was working with and then went over to the speaker to do the solo. I'm not a good judge, but it sounded pretty good to me considering he was all on his own.

Cool!!!

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
Really great pics, Fer Fer! (Haha, I'm a huge fan of that hat!)

Sounds like an amazing time. Strange to see Fran up there all by himself (in the videos)!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:

Nice one Fran!

Alisha
Alisha Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 11:51 AM Quote
found this by a photographer who was there if anyone's interested :)

http://www.kjguch.com/gallery/healy/22032008/

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Alisha wrote:

nice! thank you!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Alisha wrote:

Oh wow, those are great :-)
Thanks for posting the link!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Great photos but he doesn't quite look the same with the hat!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:50 PM