Travis

Back to Square 1??
cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 1:10 AM Quote
Sorry this is gonna be looong post so bear with me ...

Been friends with my pal for just over 2 years and she's kinda been my rock through uni. I'm in 3rd year and she's in her final year and we've both made a lot of friends and lost a few on the way.

She lived in halls until August last year when she moved into private accommodation with a friend of hers and since then she's kinda gone into self destruct. Things didn't quite work out with a guy she was seeing (he was mucking her about) and she decided to go out and have some fun, which there's nothing wrong with. To begin with, it was just pulling. But lately, her flatmate became single (she's got a bit of a reputation) and anytime the pair of them were out together, her flatmate would go off with a guy and take him back to theirs so my pal started doing the same ... it is a bit outta character for her since she used to always second think it.

With her being in her final year, she's just taken a total scunner of uni and can't wait to get thru it, which reigns true with a lot of people I know but she hasn't really put the work in that she used to. She used to stress herself silly but now she's like I couldn't give a fuck. She was on placement last summer and raked in the cash but gradually spent the lot and never took another job when her placement finished so she's skint all the time. Student loans don't get paid in by 3 instalments anymore, its now monthly which means ur skint all the time when ur rent comes out. She's fully intent on staying up here when she got through uni ... but at the weekend her and her flatmate fell out over a guy and they're barely speaking ... she knows herself that if she can't get a job when she's through uni she's not gonna be able to pay her rent. So she's now considering heading home but she's not sure if she'll be back or not ...

I support her decision but at the same time, I feel pretty sad cos its a good friend of mine that I'm losing and she's probably the only one I call upon and just be told to drop everything and head up to hers if u know what I mean. Its gonna mean I'm gonna have to find a new bunch of friends and that's gonna prove pretty difficult. I changed into the course I'm in in September and none of the class have bonded, they all just sit in their own groups. I took a new job one but cos its with a small hotel, everyone leads their own separate lives outside of work and I don't think I've met one person there that's on my length ... so the question is how am I gonna manage to meet new people? Cos I really don't wanna spend the last year I'm at uni as a complete and utter hermit, its gonna be touch enough with a dissertation to get through. I do have other pals that I kinda lost touch with, there was a bit of a fall out but I still keep in touch with one or two of them ... I'm just scared that our lives are gonna have totally moved on that we won't be the same friends anymore ... its also gonna mean swallowing a bit of pride as well, even tho I shouldn't have to ...

Any advice :(

xx

Re: Back to Square 1??
Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Do you have any mates outside of your uni circle? I kinda fell out with my mate at the end of uni but that was because she was a bit full on and always wanting to go out whereas I had an intense degree and thesis to do which she couldn't understand. We kind of drifted but I had other pals in my class (fair enough I wasn't as close to them but we got really close) and I had work friends outside of all that. Make more of an effort with those in your classes and you might be surprised :)

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
That's it ... I did, we all stayed together in a flat and we kinda drifted after a fall out. I'm still in touch with the guy but I've a few issues with his girlfriend so if I go back there, I'm gonna have to swallow my pride even tho she was wrong ... There is one lassie I know but she could end up moving if she doesn't get a traineeship here :(

I have so many pals from home but they don't come through to Aberdeen and plus, I seem to have offended some of them somehow, I don't know why, I've been getting the silent treatment for weeks - i.e. ignoring messages etc and today they decided to wipe me from their page ... so, I've obviously done something wrong, it would be nice to know what tho ...

I feel like complete and utter crap just now!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Awwww that's shitty pet! Dunno what to say :(

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
This is in no way intended to make you feel worse, but sometimes pride is an expensive commodity to have.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Yeah I know ... I know I'm gonna have to pick up the phone sometime ... could really be doing with some of them to speak to just now actually ... I know it usually works out in the end but I hate worrying about stuff like this ... I'm supposed to be having the time of my life at uni but instead I just feel miserable ... its not what I signed up for, put it that way ... Its just all gone soo wrong! :(

my head is totally splitting ... I need a drink but I also need a paracetamol ...

thanks for ur words guys.

x

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:08 PM