Travis

Easter!!!! :D
rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
wooowooowoooo!
I am officially on easter holidays now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
wooooooo!
anyway..i was wondering how many peope still actually celebrate Easter for its true purpose..
because i know religion is dying out..but there are stil people who do..and i was just wondering who does..
:)
thanks

Re: Easter!!!! :D
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
ayup i attend. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
I do! Very excited about church this weekend.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
OOOH OOOOOHHHHHH Does easter mean I can get pissed on Easter Sunday and sing I Am The Resurrection at full volume all day? Coz I don't actually know what Easter is, is that when Jaysus died?

Haha I'm going to hell aint i?

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
I enjoy Lenten season and the whole Easter thing. Will be attending mass this weekend. Happy Easter!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
same! i will go to the church service..and i am glad many people still believe in it..but i definately think its dying out..dont you?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
OOOH OOOOOHHHHHH Does easter mean I can get pissed on Easter Sunday and sing I Am The Resurrection at full volume all day? Coz I don't actually know what Easter is, is that when Jaysus died?

Haha I'm going to hell aint i?

Gerrit read...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
We attend church every Sunday. It is definitely important in my life.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
P.S I don't go to church anymore, haven't since my teens, except for weddings and that. Stopped believing, if I ever really believed at all.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
same! i will go to the church service..and i am glad many people still believe in it..but i definately think its dying out..dont you?

it's understandable. a lot of people have been burned by the church. :( often those who are supposed to be connected to God and represent light and love fail to share it with those in need. it can sometimes feel like an exclusive club where only the select are welcome. religion can kill a person's spirituality.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
rebekah wrote:

it's understandable. a lot of people have been burned by the church. :( often those who are supposed to be connected to God and represent light and love fail to share it with those in need. it can sometimes feel like an exclusive club where only the select are welcome.

You talk alot of sense lady :)
i know what you mean..i went to a church primary school and they were very 'selective' i mean they had good morals and values however i got the feeling (even at that young age) that they wanted to atract certain people..which i think is wrong..
however there are sooo many denominations of christianity alone that i think everyone could find a church for themselves if they wanted to..if you guys know what i mean..i talk gibberishhyy alot lol..or like go off on one of my rants...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
We go every Sunday too. It's a great part of our lives. Our church is filled to the gills with folks who have been burned in the past so it's a pretty non-traditional place.

For example the Easter service will be a musical telling of the easter story using the music of U2. And we have some amazing musicians who have toured the world so it'll be really well done.

Very crazy Austin for sure.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:46 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
We go every Sunday too. It's a great part of our lives. Our church is filled to the gills with folks who have been burned in the past so it's a pretty non-traditional place.

For example the Easter service will be a musical telling of the easter story using the music of U2. And we have some amazing musicians who have toured the world so it'll be really well done.

Very crazy Austin for sure.

do you also smoke pot ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
do you also smoke pot ?

LOL. No. But sometimes people at church still smell like booze and I am pretty sure they came straight from partying to church.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
see i think thats a great idea..and i think if there were more places like that to help people be re-introduced if you know what i mean?
I love U2 they have such lovely songs..(many of which are religious)but they rock
Is the church you go to quite modern by any chance?
x

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:35 PM