Travis

Tempo
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 1:09 PM Quote
I'm trying to record my own version of Whenever She Comes Around, and I want to get the tempo right. So, in GarageBand, I try to get the (metronome) beats in line with the real thing. But apparantly '62' seems too fast and '61' is too slow. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

But I don't really get how important tempo is anyways...when I record stuff I plug me headphones in and, say, strum with my guitar to the clicks, but I think it just makes my timing worse. :p Basically, I want to know how other musicians do it, and whether it's worth trying to keep rigidly to the beat? Oh, and I also want to know what tempo Whenever She Comes Around is! Fran? :p

Re: Tempo
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
I think playing along to the Garageband clicking thing is one of the most annoying things. It just fucks up everything, and as you say, makes my timing seem worse. But then I'm very unprofessional, and I don't know about the tempo in Whenever She Comes Around either, so I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. Anyway, I wouldn't care too much about the exact right tempo, but rather try to get the feeling right.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
But apparantly '62' seems too fast and '61' is too slow. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

Could I suggest 61.5? :P

As you can tell, I have no idea! No-one will really care whether it's perfectly in time so long as you're not switching wildly between rampage and sloth.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
Heh, yeah you guys are right. I'll just play without the metronome thing...will probably end up more 'natural' that way.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Heh, yeah you guys are right. I'll just play without the metronome thing...will probably end up more 'natural' that way.

Is teh best.

I was trying record Sailing Away with metronome, but was a disaster. Then, i played without a metronome and my life was happy xD

Nice strumming!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:02 AM