Travis

Why I am happy today
th74
th74 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
I finally got my Girl Scout cookies. (Those girls get me every year!) I think I'm going to have them for lunch. That is all.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/joleneanderson24/newcookies2007.jpg

Oops...meant to post in G chat! Good thing I'm only working 1/2 a day today. Who knows what else I'd do, ha ha!

Re: Why I am happy today
ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
Oh man! The Girl Scouts are all over downtown Minneapolis. Everywhere I turn they are all standing there in their green dresses and knee-high socks surround by millions of boxes of cookies. It is almost like a scene out of Lord of the Flies (or Village of the Damned if you are perverse.) I think they used osmosis to make me buy two boxes.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
ok i got a story about these girl scouts!! haha as you may or may not know i work at a bank. prime spot for the girls to set up shop. one day i was walking out and this (seemingly) cute little girl smiled and asked if i wanted to buy a box of girl scout cookies. i politely declined and started to walk away but not before i saw that girls smile turn to this dirty look! LOL i was just like "oh no she di-int!"! haha

...this year i bought two boxes though. thin mints (obviously) and all abouts!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
I love girl scout cookies! So tasty.

Did anyone hear about that group who was boycotting them (or something like that) because they believe girl scouts are promoting obesity in america. Slightly ridiculous, in my opinion...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Did anyone hear about that group who was boycotting them (or something like that) because they believe girl scouts are promoting obesity in america. Slightly ridiculous, in my opinion...

hahahaha that's kinda funny! everyone finds their own 'cause' i suppose. it's time someone shed the spotlight on the girl scouts' schemes!!! hahahaa

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

hahahaha that's kinda funny! everyone finds their own 'cause' i suppose. it's time someone shed the spotlight on the girl scouts' schemes!!! hahahaa

Oh yes, innocent little organization for girls it is not! They are infiltrating our homes, schools, workplaces with their sugar spice and everything nice! It's a conspiracy!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

Oh yes, innocent little organization for girls it is not! They are infiltrating our homes, schools, workplaces with their sugar spice and everything nice! It's a conspiracy!

lol exactly! values and community??!~?! what fools we are for buying in to it! and to think i wanted to be a girl scout when i was a little girl! haha

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

lol exactly! values and community??!~?! what fools we are for buying in to it! and to think i wanted to be a girl scout when i was a little girl! haha

I am just glad we saw the light before it was too late! Imagine if we kept falling for their tricks and temptations! The horror!

th74
th74 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
This is pretty crazy since I'm sure the obesity epidemic in American is not due to Girl Scout cookies alone. I would much rather buy cookies then microwave popcorn, or a wreath, or anything else cute little kids try and sell me. I'll eat my cookies with pride!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
This is pretty crazy since I'm sure the obesity epidemic in American is not due to Girl Scout cookies alone. I would much rather buy cookies then microwave popcorn, or a wreath, or anything else cute little kids try and sell me. I'll eat my cookies with pride!

Oh no, the girl scouts have single-handedly brought on the obesity epidemic by selling cookies once (twice?) a year!

But seriously, I'm really amused that people would actually believe that. I mean, come on! (Oh, and def cookies over popcorn and wreaths!)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
If your weight problem is related to Girl Scout cookies, I'd say that is your issue, not theirs.

People are ridonkculous.

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
I just read someone's blog entry that is all about Girl Scout Cookies Ice Cream. They have Thin Mint and Tagalong varieties. Now if they just made an adult beverage in Girl Scout cookie flavors then it would be a triple threat.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
ParkAvePirate wrote:
Now if they just made an adult beverage in Girl Scout cookie flavors then it would be a triple threat.

Can't see the Girl Scouts promoting that but I am all for it!

I guess a Grasshopper is like a thin mint. Just throw in some more chocolate perhaps?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
I'm glad someone started this thread. We blew through our Girlscout cookie stash in one week. (Samoas I LOVE you!) We'll probably be hitting up the troop outside the grocery store next time. Gotta get that fix. I need some more Do-Si-Dos too. My dad ate them all before I got to them, and I like to dip 'em in milk. :(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
I just got this in the mail

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:55763.jpg

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:12 PM