Travis

Re:
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
Thanks Emma! Sounds good, what I've read and heard this is really the kind of movie I'll like.

http://kiksu.irc-galleria.net/i/images12/00/41/63/56/hosting/044.jpeg

And there's the picture from Empire for the ones who haven't seen it. I didn't even notice that I had this issue of Empire since about two days ago, so here we go.

Re:
Moray
Moray Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
I just saw this tonight. First off, the Travis cameo is hilarious. Dougie has probably the funniest bit in the whole film actually!! Oh and Goosey, if you're reading this, the Travis cameo is instantly followed like a totally awesome scene with kids dressed as ninjas!!!

Secondly, it's actually a really awesome film. Like a modern day, ver british, Stand By Me. Very worthwhile, and with a real sweet heart to it too.

Re:
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
Yay!!!! Does anyone know if it'll be out in U.S. theaters?!

Re:
rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
ooooooooo.... :) wickedd!!!
i must admit..the film didn't seem to appeal to me when i first saw the add...but now i know a little more about it..i will have to go see it :D
I mean it has nothing to do with Travis *cough*

thanks

Re:
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Moray, I just watched the trailer for the film. When you said it is about kids who "shoot themselves" did you mean just with a camera--or does one of the kids end up getting shot?

Nikki, it says it will be released May 2. Probably have to go to some artsy kind of theater to see it, I imagine. It looks really cute!

Re:
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
I'll see it when it gets on Sky. Months away I know. I saw a trailer for it when I went to the pictures recently. Looked cute. Love having Travis in it. :)

Re:
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sun 06 Apr, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
I went to see this tonight. It was as good as I hoped for, though there wasn't much surprises.

Definitely the british Stand By Me (which is a very good thing, as SBM is one of my all time favourites), the other kiddo even looked a lot like River Phoenix, and the character was very similar to Chris Chambers.

ROFL @ Dougie with the Flying Dog! I also spotted Fran and Neil, but I didn't have the time to look for Andy, I'm sure he was there though. First but hopefully not the last time I saw the lads on the big screen :D

Very lovely, the storyline was lots of fun and all the colours and camerawork was beautiful. The french boy HAHAHA fab.

It didn't change my world or make me think too hard, but it was definitely worth those nine damn pounds and I'm so buying it when they release the DVD :)

These kind of films always make me almost sad that I 1) wasn't born before the 80's 2) am not a boy. Lol.

Re: Re:
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Moray, I just watched the trailer for the film. When you said it is about kids who "shoot themselves" did you mean just with a camera--or does one of the kids end up getting shot?

Nikki, it says it will be released May 2. Probably have to go to some artsy kind of theater to see it, I imagine. It looks really cute!

Maybe the one in downtown Ann Arbor? I'm excited! (even if they are in it for only a few seconds) lol. We should try to see it together! :O)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Maybe the one in downtown Ann Arbor? I'm excited! (even if they are in it for only a few seconds) lol. We should try to see it together! :O)

Yeah, that would be cool! I signed up to get an e-mail alert when theater information becomes available.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, that would be cool! I signed up to get an e-mail alert when theater information becomes available.

Cool!!

Re:
loria
loria Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 2:49 AM Quote
Nikki, I know the film will be shown here in Lansing. I told friends of mine Travis had a cameo in it and now they all want to see it too ;)

From what I understand, NCG and Celebration here in Lansing plan on showing it in one of their smaller theatres (probably the one I saw movies like Waking Ned Devine in - small and limited run). Although I wouldn't mind the drive to A2 to see it at the Michigan Theatre or even the State.

Re:
Alisha
Alisha Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
eheheh i found these looking around the web.
i gotta find the time one of these week evenings...

http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/nigel-doug.jpg
http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fran-doug-in-trailer.jpg

varz
varz Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 10:56 AM Quote

OK - am I blind or something?! Which bit in the film were Travis in?

Awesome movie though, so cute!

varz
varz Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 10:58 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Shoot themselves with a camera! Thought I'd answer seein as Moray doesn't seem to be lol!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 1:28 PM Quote
loria wrote:
Nikki, I know the film will be shown here in Lansing. I told friends of mine Travis had a cameo in it and now they all want to see it too ;)

From what I understand, NCG and Celebration here in Lansing plan on showing it in one of their smaller theatres (probably the one I saw movies like Waking Ned Devine in - small and limited run). Although I wouldn't mind the drive to A2 to see it at the Michigan Theatre or even the State.

You wanna come with? lol..we may have a mini boardie convention in the works here! Royal Oak and Birmingham also have theaters that play a lot of "art films" that aren't released everywhere, I think. We'll have to wait until the official release date and then maybe pick a place that's somwhere in the middle for all of us. We all live about an hour from one another.

This could be FUN! :D

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:30 PM