FAO of those sitting in front of space heaters
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
http://etsavdari.blogs.com/photos/bbq/flip_flops.jpg

Dam it's warm today

Re: FAO of those sitting in front of space heaters
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
hands are freezing at the moment...but i'll be steppin out for some california sunshine in a bit! :)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
I hate that is is freezing (aka like 40ish) in the morning so I bundle up for the bus stop and by the time I come out of my first class I'm sweating buckets.

*dodges slap from snowed in boardies*

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
good day sunshine... :-)

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Dam it's warm today

You just had to rub it in, didn't you. It's sad when 30 degree temps aren't so bad (compared to the subzero temps we had recently). The talk of 40s next week is too good to be true. oh, how the little things make me so happy.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Uhh, I'm sitting in front of a space heater and I'm in California. Stupid cold warehouse office. :P

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
Lindsey discribed it to a T , bundled up cause it's cold , like 47 or so in the morning but now it's a like heatwave right now , need to like make beer slushies this afternoon

spid
spid Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
what's a space heater?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
You guys are just cruel.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:39 PM Quote

It is really beautiful outside. I'm going to work on my garden tonight :D My Succulents are all in blume!!!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
i'm looking out my window and it's very spring-like weather here in frisco.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
http://etsavdari.blogs.com/photos/bbq/flip_flops.jpg

Dam it's warm today

So warm that people can't figure out which foot their flip-flops go on? Dam.
http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/stock_illustration/images-new/animals/cartoon-beaver-clipart.gif

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
I miss the grass...
its like -11C here now, I guess thats about 12F. its supposed to go down to -18 tonight, in the city they're all worried about the street folk freezing to death...but its supposed to warm up tomorrow...so YAY!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
I miss the grass...
its like -11C here now, I guess thats about 12F. its supposed to go down to -18 tonight, in the city they're all worried about the street folk freezing to death...but its supposed to warm up tomorrow...so YAY!

In Detroit, they send vans around to the places the street people usually hang around and take them to warming shelters. The thing is, sometimes people refuse, then they freeze to death.

My husband and I have had this discussion about homelessness. There must be an issue I don't understand. If someone were truly homeless, no relations to take them in, no friends, why would they stay in a cold climate? You have no job and nothing to take with you, start walking south. What have they got to lose? Sure it would take a long time, but they just walk around the city picking up cans and begging for money anyway. Being homeless a cold climate just doesn't make sense to me.

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

In Detroit, they send vans around to the places the street people usually hang around and take them to warming shelters. The thing is, sometimes people refuse, then they freeze to death.

Yeah, thats what Torontos is doing. But your right, sometimes they do refuse--I guess they're trying to reject the whole gov't system for some reason. It would certainly suck, though, being out there for the last couple nights. and, for us at least, I dont imagine they can get across the border to get to that nice warm climate without a place of residence. plus I dont think the US wants all Canadas Hobos..;)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:56 PM