Travis

Re: Questions for Dougie Thread
gaby
gaby Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 4:32 AM Quote
I don´t know if Im allowed to make more questions, but I have checked the RAK webpage and a question appeared in my head: in wich studio are they recording? My guess is between studio 1 and 3, but Im not sure.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 5:48 AM Quote
gaby wrote:
I don´t know if Im allowed to make more questions, but I have checked the RAK webpage and a question appeared in my head: in wich studio are they recording? My guess is between studio 1 and 3, but Im not sure.

I think I read somewhere (one thing about fans? we pay attention.) it was studio 1. I don't remember where i remember this from though...

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 10:22 AM Quote

i want to know if some of 11 songs that you are recording is from the Boy with no name discarded cards (travis recorded 40 songs, and only release about 20)?

thanks

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Now that the rumours of leaving Independiente are cleared (good to hear it was amicable), is the new record going to be released digitally only, like Radiohead did? Or are you going to look for a new label?
That gong reminds of the scene in Help! when it looks like the guy is going to hit a massive gong but turns out to be a wee one lol. And lots of tracking going on eh? For a while it seemed it would be Let It Be-ish. All sounds good and can't wait to hear it. Reading your diaries, I realise that my band is evolving, and so have I. It's a nice feeling. =D
Finally congrats again and enjoy your paternity leave. X
Cheers [||]D

Radiohead's recent album was released on Cd and got to number 1 in the album chart. Digital only would be a huge mistake by the band. I hope they release it on Cd.

Not sure whether they meant digital only or not, but we do need an album. It would be great to get it sooner on digital, but I think I'd prefer a full CD release.
Also, it would be weird if they kept it for four months, then decided to release it themsleves...

Still, this is the questions for Dougie thread, so maybe someone should try to ask? :)

Ben,
I meant digitally first; of course I know Radiohead released their record on cd months later. They do have the title ready, and if it's just artwork that will be left among other bits and bobs, then it's quite possible to have an initial digital release. I don't think they should do a weekly myspace release--some people have heard all the songs already on the club tour. And while they're going on all cylinders, it really would be a brilliant move. That's how quickly The Beatles released their stuff. Speaking of, that was a cool visit. :) I've read reports that Macca is helping out James on his first record, so good luck to him too. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Sorry, when you said digitally only i thought you meant digitally only not digitally before a physical release.

And i think that would be a mistake too, even if it is possible they should wait until the band is back together and they can promote it.

Also, i agree they shouldn't put them on Myspace. Not until it's out anyway. The songs are brilliant, with the right singles etc, it'll be their biggest seller since The Invisible Band. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Also, i agree they shouldn't put them on Myspace. Not until it's out anyway. The songs are brilliant, with the right singles etc, it'll be their biggest seller since The Invisible Band. :)

Lol, we're not aiming for The Man Who levels of sales then?! Ah well, maybe the next next album will manage that... :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Lol, we're not aiming for The Man Who levels of sales then?! Ah well, maybe the next next album will manage that... :)

Haha! More sales than 12 Memories and The Boy... isn't too hard to achieve unfortunately. I don't think it will sell as much as The Man Who or The Invisible Band, they were huge albums but if the first single from the album catches on and does well, it'll be great if the album gets to number 1 which it could.

gaby
gaby Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Alisha wrote:
gaby wrote:

I think I read somewhere (one thing about fans? we pay attention.) it was studio 1. I don't remember where i remember this from though...

Many Thanks Alisha! :)

varz
varz Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
Cheers for all the answers Dougie! Best of luck with the baby + enjoy ur paternity leave!!!!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
varz wrote:
Cheers for all the answers Dougie! Best of luck with the baby + enjoy ur paternity leave!!!!

... and please be sure to log in and tell us the good news as soon as Kelly's and your baby arrives!

"Pretty soon, you will see, tears in Dougie's eyes!"

Alisha
Alisha Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
varz wrote:

... and please be sure to log in and tell us the good news as soon as Kelly's and your baby arrives!

"Pretty soon, you will see, tears in Dougie's eyes!"

well even sooner to past yesterday's last blog wouldn't be bad either :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
Yes, i was expecting another blog. Maybe we'll get one later because it's his first day off today. :) I hope so because i want to know how the last day of recording went.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes, i was expecting another blog. Maybe we'll get one later because it's his first day off today. :) I hope so because i want to know how the last day of recording went.

I expect that he will do it, he's just taking his time over the last one.
I don't blame him either - it is his first day off of Paternity leave after all.
He needs all the rest that he can get after producing a baby of an album in only two weeks..

I've just thought - The new Travis album has finished recording!

As soon as it is up, I'll add the final installment to the Dougie's Diaries thread for you all to read back in one place.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I expect that he will do it, he's just taking his time over the last one.
I don't blame him either - it is his first day off of Paternity leave after all.
He needs all the rest that he can get after producing a baby of an album in only two weeks..

I've just thought - The new Travis album has finished recording!

As soon as it is up, I'll add the final installment to the Dougie's Diaries thread for you all to read back in one place.

Yes thanks for that. :) I know, its great to think that they have the finished album. I hope so anyway, i'd hate to think that they want to do more work on it. I can't see that happening though. Going to be a great album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
Whoops! Silly double post! Sorry.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 2:59 PM