Travis

Re: Questions for Dougie Thread
healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Q: How many singles are you planning to release from the upcoming album? And are you releasing more than one single before the actual album comes out?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3346/webcam2001120616ty8.png

i'll want to kown this questions dougie.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
dougie what's your favourite own song?

thanks

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
Hi Dougie.

Firstly, is it likely that all the songs you have mentioned, and that have been played at the recent shows, will end up on the album? Or may some end as b-sides? And if they are all slated for the new disk, would the plan be to go back at a later date to record new b-sides?

And secondly, talking of b-sides, is it possible that a Travis b-side album will see light of day, perhaps after this new'n?

Cheers. Happy recordin

loria
loria Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
Not quite sure if my questions will get noticed, but why not :)

First of all, it was lovely meeting you in Detroit and Chicago (and yes, Toronto with your pink trainers that were brilliant). Thank you very much for taking the time out for your fans.

Secondly, how does it feel to have your songs going to be on a proper album? I've always loved your bsides (Enemy and Just the Faces Change are two of my all time favourite Travis songs ever) and am thrilled that Fran has said three of yours will make on this album. Are you looking forward to singing them live?

Finally (I'm sure I've used up my allotment) take care of that crown. Mine recently became infected and I had to have a root canal which made the crown look like a walk in the park. Although I myself have a weakness for curly whirlys...

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
Hey! hallo, it was planned for me to ask this in another chance, but...i'm going to make it here.
I think you know the answer.
In walking in the sun, what's the meaning of
"If you see me hit the ground, don't come near don't make a sound"?
Thanks a lot!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 9:31 AM Quote
I was the first to ask a couple of questions yesterday afternoon and i can see people have repeated them. Lola b-side? Your own written/sung songs soon?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
How's Kelly doing?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
I read the whole thread but I just woke up, so I'm very sorry if I'm repeating a question that has already been asked. And I'm very sorry if my English doesn't make sense right now.

Is the album going to be an 11 songs album or will there be any other songs? Will the order be the same that you played in february?

Thanks!
Juli

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Right, this one seems fairly important!

Whats the script with the label? You're not even with Independiente now? The website still says Travis appear courtesy of Independiente! What happened with Andy MacDonald, I thought there was a clause that said if he ever left Independiente you would go with him? Did similar apply elsewhere?

Any thoughts on who will be the new record label?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Right, this one seems fairly important!

Whats the script with the label? You're not even with Independiente now? The website still says Travis appear courtesy of Independiente! What happened with Andy MacDonald, I thought there was a clause that said if he ever left Independiente you would go with him? Did similar apply elsewhere?

Very good question, hopefully Dougie will answer. Fran said something at a recent gig along the lines of them not being tied down by a record label anymore.

EDIT- Just read The Sun's interview. Question answered!

More Pick 'n' Mix for Dougie
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
What's the deal with this "Son Of Rambow" film that boardies have just discovered that you and the band have cameos in?

Now that Travis are confirmed as being unsigned, what kind of label do you expect to sign up with to release the new album, major or independent? (Or the one that gives you the most money) Does the band have a particular direction set out in your minds as to how you would like to release / market it to take to labels and get signed?

How many songs not played at the club gigs including completely new songs never played live are still in contention to be on the new album, and how many b-sides have you stockpiled so far for future singles?

I would also like to know what the future plans are for Travis with regards a future B-Side album that has been talked about for years but never materialised, and in what time scale does the band plan to get round to releasing it, and roughly how many would make it onto it, e.g. a B-Side double album?

Re: More Pick 'n' Mix for Dougie
small shark
small shark Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

Now that Travis are confirmed as being unsigned, what kind of label do you expect to sign up with to release the new album, major or independent?

Maybe they'll resurrect Red Telephone Box?

Alisha
Alisha Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

very interesting. I'll second that.
Record Label, anyone?

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
Hi Dougie!

Maybe this question sounds very naive, and so am I because I don't understand a single thing about recording, but do you have a real structure plan you've got to hold in or do you plan most of it the day you head into the studio?
Sometimes it sounds a little chaotic to me (but I like it!). And if you actually got one, how exact is it?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Greetings from Switzerland

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 7:59 PM Quote

the tracklist of the album = setlist last 5 shows?

thanks, dougie

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:43 PM