Travis

Earthquake!!!!
lozm
lozm Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
God knows why I'm up this late, but there was just an earthquake measuring 4.8 on the ricter scale. Felt it as far away as London, was a really bizzare feeling.

Re: Earthquake!!!!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:55 AM Quote
I felt something here in Leicester. It was really weird!!! I thought someone had fell out of bed upstairs or something but then i thought why would i be shaking so much!? Haha. It was crazy. Went on for a good few seconds. My headphones were falling off! lol I had to get up and walk round downstairs after wondering if something had fell over.

lozm
lozm Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:56 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I felt something here in Leicester. It was really weird!!! I thought someone had fell out of bed upstairs or something but then i thought why would i be shaking so much!? Haha. It was crazy. Went on for a good few seconds. My headphones were falling off! lol I had to get up and walk round downstairs after wandering if something had fell over.

I was playing guitar at the time and I thought it was one of my house mates getting pissed off with me lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
lozm wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I felt something here in Leicester. It was really weird!!! I thought someone had fell out of bed upstairs or something but then i thought why would i be shaking so much!? Haha. It was crazy. Went on for a good few seconds. My headphones were falling off! lol I had to get up and walk round downstairs after wandering if something had fell over.

I was playing guitar at the time and I thought it was one of my house mates getting pissed off with me lol.

Haha. I'm sure. Here in England an earthquake isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I would consider someone driving into our living room before an earthquake! Never felt one so much. Was incredible and according to the BBC, it was felt all over England. London, Manchester and i'm in Leicester.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
felt here in London as well

BenFilbert wrote:
Here in England an earthquake isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I would consider someone driving into our living room before an earthquake!

you got a point there! :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:02 AM Quote
Alisha wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:
Here in England an earthquake isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I would consider someone driving into our living room before an earthquake!

Haha. What was your first thought?

Alisha
Alisha Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Alisha wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:

Well I thought "earthquake!" but then I was "come on I'm in London, no way..." so i went for the "someone-is-doing-something-crazy" thing.

I also have to admit, for a second there, I thought "Guys, slow down with that gong!" :P

lozm
lozm Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:07 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Alisha wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:

I was slightly concerned also after having watched Cloverfield a couple of weeks ago, lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
Alisha wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Alisha wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:

Well I thought "earthquake!" but then I was "come on I'm in London, no way..." so i went for the "someone-is-doing-something-crazy" thing.

I also have to admit, for a second there, I thought "Guys, slow down with that gong!" :P

That gong is very impressive! lol I wonder if the guys are quickly running away now, "It wasn't us!"

I'm off to bed now, let's hope for a safe night. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:12 AM Quote
lozm wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Alisha wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:

I was slightly concerned also after having watched Cloverfield a couple of weeks ago, lol.

Not seen it (looks good though) but i did see it on Film 2008 with Wossie a few weeks ago and i can see why you would be worried! :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
I was asleep, heard and felt nothing.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
I was lying in bed and felt it :D
But I thought it was just traffic moving our house at first haha.

Countrygent
Countrygent Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:25 AM Quote
The wife said the earth moved......

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:30 AM Quote
Yep it woke me up as my bed was moving. I thought it was the cat at first but then just thought it was one of our Mancheter mini-quakes. Scary thought that it stretched so far!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 10:07 AM Quote
My first thoughts were a tree had fallen on our house or the boiler had exploded!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:27 AM