Travis

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
Whilst desperately avoiding coursework for my degree, I happened to notice that on the original front cover for the good feeling album, the time on the clock is 3:14.

I'm sure i remember some previous band blog where Dougie went on about 3.14 being an important number bcos of Pii (spelling?) etc. etc. (They also use the number as a time on the turn video)

Slightly unimportant topic, but thought it just shows how the band puts hidden messages everywhere, and looking at other topics, the new album looks full of hidden meanings

Anyone else know or have heard rumours of any hidden meanings in any songs, or anything travis related?

Re: 3.14
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
choke the chicken wrote:
Pii (spelling?) etc. etc. (They also use the number as a time on the turn video)

Pi or (EDIT: I tried to put the symbol in here but I got that funky code)

I think the fact that it was a time in turn was random, but that's just me.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
There are a lot of pics and videos with Pi...

Happy Single
Side Video
More than Us Video

And more, but i don`t remember at the moment

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 4:23 AM Quote
And of course this video :D
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v204/198/67/1036590065/n1036590065_30112930_6690.jpg

Good place to procrastinate isn't it? Now I've got a chemistry exam to go study endlessly for and then still fail anyway.

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 7:08 AM Quote
The time gap between Slideshow and Blue Flashing Light is exactly 3 minutes and 14 seconds.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 8:16 AM Quote
I'm not sure, but I think it stems a little from this film:

Pi

And this book?

Life of Pi

And also from the fact it's just a really awesome number. Read about it here:

Wiki Pi

It basically describes the inherent properties of a circle, and therefore a sphere, so by association it helps describe planets and then right the way out to our universe. It's in all the best formulae.

As weeble and bob put it:

mmmmmmmm Pie

Personally, I prefer this number i, since it's imaginary! Imagine that!

bara
bara Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:42 AM Quote
oh its quite interesting! i wonder why this time is so important for the guys..

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
The time gap between Slideshow and Blue Flashing Light is exactly 3 minutes and 14 seconds.

Lol, that's useless but really interesting information. Thanks :D

The pi thing is interesting, especially because it seems to have been going for so long. I wonder if it actually means anything or whether it's just a number that they choose as a default.
I can't see any of their tracks that are 3.14 long, there's at least a couple each at 3.13 and 3.15 though :)

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
As far as I'm aware Pi is sort of a lucky number for Fran

old Melody maker interview:

From 1997....

I can still remember reading that article in the school library (they used to get inky copies of the Melody Maker) back in 4th year.

Anyway, I remember reading another article about Fran, Pi, dressing room numbers, clocks and stuff. This sort of useless information floats around my head.

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

The pi thing is interesting, especially because it seems to have been going for so long. I wonder if it actually means anything or whether it's just a number that they choose as a default.

Well they do call me the useless-but-really-interesting-information keeper :D

On the old site there was a bit where Fran explained his fascination with pi... something about everything being round or circular. It was on this page but the pop-up doesn't seem to work...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
Moray thanks for that. Further proof you should be a librarian or date one. It was really amusing. Lots of great quotes that are funny now. Like Fran saying they'll do 5 albums and then stop. oops.

And his comments on Americans are hilarious too. Note he talks about the girls going crazy for the accent.

freak
freak Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
As far as I'm aware Pi is sort of a lucky number for Fran

old Melody maker interview:

From 1997....

Wow, thanks MoraySwan. This is a great interview..

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
la femme qui wrote:

I can't see any of their tracks that are 3.14 long, there's at least a couple each at 3.13 and 3.15 though :)

Really awasome

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 12:38 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Moray thanks for that. Further proof you should be a librarian or date one. It was really amusing.

LOL, I was just about to say there's no need for Moray to date a librarian. He IS a librarian.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 1:08 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Moray thanks for that. Further proof you should be a librarian or date one. It was really amusing.

LOL, I was just about to say there's no need for Moray to date a librarian. He IS a librarian.

hahaha!! well..... the geeks shall inherit the earth apparently!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:56 AM