Travis

coverversion of driftwood
ghaz_bar
ghaz_bar Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
hi guys,
I translated the lyrics of driftwood into german years ago, actually when I moved to berlin and the text just condensed how I was feeling at that time... and have often felt since.

last year I finally recorded my version of driftwood (shortly before I would leave berlin), and actually finished it a few weeks before I read that fran would move to berlin to live there.

so if you are interested in listening to dritwood in german (it's called "treibholz"): the travis management was kind enough to allow me to put it on my myspace site. it is
http://www.myspace.com/dieklootzakbrothers (song four, all the others are... quite unlike anything you might expect from travis).

it's funny that fran has "drifted" to berlin now... just where one of his and the guy's songs joined me to accompany me in my meandering. I hope he has found his shore for a while.

caspar

Re: coverversion of driftwood
yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:38 PM Quote

It's a kind of weird to hear it in german, but it sounds great! Your voice give it a melancolic note to all the track, and the result is very nice.

Cheers!

ps: oh, I can't download it! :(

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:03 AM Quote
Wow, that's really cool! I like it a lot.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 3:06 AM Quote
ghaz_bar wrote:
hi guys,
I translated the lyrics of driftwood into german years ago, actually when I moved to berlin and the text just condensed how I was feeling at that time... and have often felt since.

last year I finally recorded my version of driftwood (shortly before I would leave berlin), and actually finished it a few weeks before I read that fran would move to berlin to live there.

so if you are interested in listening to dritwood in german (it's called "treibholz"): the travis management was kind enough to allow me to put it on my myspace site. it is
http://www.myspace.com/dieklootzakbrothers (song four, all the others are... quite unlike anything you might expect from travis).

it's funny that fran has "drifted" to berlin now... just where one of his and the guy's songs joined me to accompany me in my meandering. I hope he has found his shore for a while.

caspar

Hallo!!!

Schön von Dir zu hören...

Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, aber ich versuche

I wird auf Deutsch, bis Dezember, ich bin aus Mexiko.

Vielleicht nach Hamburg oder Lübeck (Und Gudow)

super cover!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
That was good! Cheers.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
That was kinda cool :) Love what you've done with it, and it was nice to freshen up on my rusty German, lol!
Nur treibholz lalala, it's stuck in my head now .. :P

Nora should see this - Fran you need to show it to her :-)

ghaz_bar
ghaz_bar Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
cheers guys,
glad you like it!
it's definitely a good way to learn german :-),
I will add the lyrics, in case somebody is courious about all these strange sounds I turned the original words into ;-).
thanks for the praise,
caspar

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
I liked it! It's very original!
I know like three words of german and they're not in the song, so I didn't understand a thing. But it was very cool! :o)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 8:48 AM Quote
That was interesting.

mili
mili Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 8:54 AM Quote
That was nice, bood job!

ghaz_bar
ghaz_bar Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 8:54 AM Quote
cheers ;-)