Travis

Slide Show
daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 9:43 AM Quote
I cried minutes ago when I was listening 'Slide Show', I have no idea what's going on and it really freaks me out! I've been in mood for days, and when I heard 'Slide Show', my emotion just... "explode", I really don't know why, may be the melody is too sad?

or may be I'm just stressed out
but I feel a lot better now
and I really love this song

BTW, have anyone tried this before?
I mean cry when hearing a song

Re: Slide Show
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Lots of times. For example, I cried in Aberdeen when they played SING. In Barcelona with Battleships (It was the first time i saw Travis & I had been looking forward to that moment for many years)
I cried in Barrowlands when I listened to Slide Show (but when they finished of playing it).
I think SLIDESHOW is one of the most beautiful melodies I´ve ever heard. In Barrowlands I finally could listen to it in a gig.
Other bands: The scientist (Coldplay)
Something changed (Pulp)
Without you (Mariah Carey).
All I want is you (U2).... etc.....................
LET ME KISS YOU (MORRISSEY)
See u

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
The only time it happened to me was when they played WTRY, my favourite song, the first and only time I got to see them live (last year when they came to Argentina). But it's so overwhelming. I know what you mean.

And then it happened again when my first gig ever by The Police started, and when they played Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic the second time I saw them (december 2007).
I was quite sensitive in the latter part of 2007, apparently.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
I almost cried when they played Writing to Reach You and Sing at the Yeah! festival here in Argentina...

What surprised me the most, though, was the moment when I felt like crying while they played MY EYES... It was the first time that I heard that song, but it just hit me....

And I tend to cry while listening to songs when I'm feeling down. My dad has heart problems and I remember being alone in my house while he was being taken to hospital and TIL KINGDOM COMES (Coldply) started playing and I just burst out into tears. I was so depresed then, but I was relieved after that, it really helped me to calm down...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
Any time i've heard the band play More Than Us live, guaranteed there's a tear in my eye

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Looks like we all have it. I cried when I was in my car in a supermarket car park and Fran and Dougie were being interviewed by Dermot O'Leary and when they played 'My Eyes'. Guess its a love thing :-)

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
Fix you by coldplay when I first heard that.

The chorus of slideshow is quite emotional. The lyrics of that chorus are beautiful.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
There are many songs that brings the occational tear to my eye :-)
Fix You and Clocks by Coldplay does that. Same with Sing, Flowers, My Eyes, Indefinetly, Falling Down and Turn - brilliant brilliant songs.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:45 PM