Travis

Re: New Songs - A Bit Of A Ramble
Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 1:52 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:
Esteban wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
Esteban wrote:
I thought one of them had a bit that sounded similar to 'The Importance Of Being Idle' as well.

The importance of being idle? it's good to be free? wooow! I'm a huge oasis fan (madferit you can say haha), so this are great news to me! :) please God let these songs be on the new album

It's mostly just a couple of melodies that bear comparison, the whole sound itself is quite unique, don't be thinking that this record's gonna sound like Oasis, because I don't think it will.

oh yeah, I was just excited about the small comparison, for what you've said I can tell this new material doesn't sound like anything/anybody else :)

You got it =)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Thanks Esteban! Even though I still haven't heard it I have a better sense of what it'll be from your post. It sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Enjoy yourself tonight and on your trip to Ireland.

off topic but since you're sick I know you can relate: went to the Dr. yesterday and have a horrible sinus infection. ugh.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:04 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Thanks Esteban! Even though I still haven't heard it I have a better sense of what it'll be from your post. It sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Enjoy yourself tonight and on your trip to Ireland.

off topic but since you're sick I know you can relate: went to the Dr. yesterday and have a horrible sinus infection. ugh.

Hey Anne! Sorry to hear about your infection! I can relate, but I'm much better now, all apart from my hearing being about 75% of what it should be! Hope there's someone there to spoil you and look after you and that.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Hope there's someone there to spoil you and look after you and that.

Uh...that would be a negatory. Hubby is at work (he left earlier to get our son to school) and I am waiting for my daughter to finish eating so I can take her to school.

But after that I can rest a bit and being in the house alone makes me feel spoiled because it's so rare. : )

mayfly
mayfly Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:52 PM Quote
Thanks for the review.
I'm imagining the vibe at the gig. haha. :D

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
thanks!! i liked your "bit of a ramble." It made me feel like i was there!

oh...i can't wait to see 'em again!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Thanks a lot Es! Great review! And as Anne said, have a great time on vacation. :)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
cheers for that, esteban! i really like your review!

i saw the vids before they were taken down. WOW! it left my mouth agape.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
You're a fine writer, Esteban. It wasn't boring and you used strong verbs and adjectives in your descriptions.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 2:41 AM Quote
Thanks everyone, the only thing I'd edit about my ramble was the bit about the wall of guitar in 'Before You Were Young' , having seen and heard the song performed again, it's more a wall of GONG.

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 9:55 AM Quote
Totally loved the random outbursts of guitar in some of the songs. It made me smile.

As soon as I heard the first few notes of chinese blues, i knew this was going to be an excellent album.

I think the silence between songs was possibly because they'll be recording each live show as feedback. They may alter the songs a little bit at each gig such as with sound levels so they can decide how it really wants to sound when they record it.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
choke the chicken wrote:
As soon as I heard the first few notes of chinese blues, i knew this was going to be an excellent album.

I though the same...

When Fran was playing his new guitar i remember when andy told us: "Next album will be very rocker"

Chinese Blues is a perfect song, a favorite one!

So, i prefer Fran`s Marshal ampl than Vox...

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:41 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Yeah good shout Gladly, I thought one of them had a bit that sounded similar to 'The Importance Of Being Idle' as well.

long way down

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
choke the chicken wrote:

My thoughts too :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:45 AM