Travis

Re: And the
Moray
Moray Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
dee wrote:

excellent.
you up for a see-saw marathon also?
makes it more interesting if you can work the equilibrium to leave the most drunk of the party stranded up in the air...

This park had some modern new fangled thing in it. Pole in the middle, t-bar across pole sat on some bearings. Handles on either side of the pole. Person grabs onto handle on either side and they run in a cirluar motion. Once you run fast enough, let go and the centripetal force lifts you off the ground as if you are flying. Similar to the flying seats ride at your theme parks. Tell you what, kids these days don't know they're living.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
...but I prefer the board to be a place for discussion and debate rather than just a we all love each other place.

Dubz

I do agree and also prefer it like that but I have experienced that it is not what the majority of boardies want, actually a slim amount, and also only a limited amount of people on the board and in life have the patience and open mind needed to read different opinions without getting upset. Basically beeing unjudgmental is hard, and saying that is beeing judgmental in a way. Also it's very difficult to put accross points, in a way that will not be misinterpreted, mainly because one needs an excellent level of language to do that, a lot of tact and consideration and that takes time and talent...and people like throwing stuff on the board rather than taking the time to write with care. Conclusion : so be it and let's debate.

dee
dee Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
dee wrote:

excellent.
you up for a see-saw marathon also?
makes it more interesting if you can work the equilibrium to leave the most drunk of the party stranded up in the air...

This park had some modern new fangled thing in it. Pole in the middle, t-bar across pole sat on some bearings. Handles on either side of the pole. Person grabs onto handle on either side and they run in a cirluar motion. Once you run fast enough, let go and the centripetal force lifts you off the ground as if you are flying. Similar to the flying seats ride at your theme parks. Tell you what, kids these days don't know they're living.

sounds amazing buut they wouldn't have anything half as fun here for insurance reasons:(
my old park got rid of all the fun stuff after a boy broke his leg when it went through the roundabout thingy :(

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
Youngest boardie: Agus

The "Boardie" award goes to ... Agus!!!
and ...
Speaks the most languages: Monica !!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Are we going to elect a "Rear of the Year Boardie" too ?

LOL

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

LOL

How about a "Beer of the Year" instead ??

Dubz

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

LOL

How about a "Beer of the Year" instead ??

Dubz

jejejeje !

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

LOL

Does this mean we need to create a thread dedicated to boardies posting pictures of their arses? **Shudders at the thought**

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

LOL

Does this mean we need to create a thread dedicated to boardies posting pictures of their arses? **Shudders at the thought**

yes ! and since you're asking you'll have to send 2 pics to illustrate yr before/after friday nights

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
See we are on to bums again lol

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
Crazy peeps.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
[quote="MoraySwan"]
yes ! and since you're asking you'll have to send 2 pics to illustrate yr before/after friday nights

There is absolutely nothing, and i mean NOTHING, about that request that hasn't just weirded me out!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Mar, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
[quote="MoraySwan"]

There is absolutely nothing, and i mean NOTHING, about that request that hasn't just weirded me out!!

I'm afraid you've been labelled.

WePlantsAreHappyPlants
WePlantsAreHappyPlants Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
Well I'm here.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:34 AM Quote
WePlantsAreHappyPlants wrote:
Well I'm here.

I'll nominate you for random screen name.

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:01 PM