Travis

Grrrrrr!
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
How fucking difficult is it to find a fucking college to do some a-levels at, when yer not 16-18?!

I want to do ONE AS Level at a college, and nowhere wants me coz I'm either too fucking old, or don't want to do enough courses (they want me to do 3, but I just wanna do one and get a job for the rest of my time)

It feels like fucking age discrimination, and I'm only fucking 19! What about all these people who wanna learn but can't coz nae fucking college will take em coz they're ancient?!

I'm cunted off.

Re: Grrrrrr!
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
Haha, it's a bit tough joining the "oldies" club when you're still officially a teenager!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Haha, it's a bit tough joining the "oldies" club when you're still officially a teenager!!

Ugh. That reminded me I miss being a teenager. *sighs*

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
I don't get it, I know I'm not technically old, but I can't find anywhere that wants to teach me an A-Level in Further Maths?!

These fucking colleges just under 19s or are offering courses like hairdressing, business and arts to adults!

I can't remember the last time I was this stressed out, I don't wanna end up going to a really awful uni that I don't even wanna go to anyway!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
I cannot imagine how frustrating that would be. The US school system has a lot of flaws but I've always appreciated that you can go to school at any age and there aren't as many restrictions.

Of course we have to pay for the whole thing so there is that!

You could come here.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Haha I might do! I have had a slight change of plan, and I think I've figured out how to work it all out. It's just so stressful!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I cannot imagine how frustrating that would be. The US school system has a lot of flaws but I've always appreciated that you can go to school at any age and there aren't as many restrictions.

You could come here.

There was a lady in one of my English classes who was 75. There was also a senior citizen in my Art History class, but he kept falling asleep and snored LOUDLY (it was an evening class 6-9 PM). He dropped the class after 3 weeks.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I don't get it, I know I'm not technically old, but I can't find anywhere that wants to teach me an A-Level in Further Maths?!

Good choice! I would teach you but I'm too busy doing, er, maths coursework :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
How fucking difficult is it to find a fucking college to do some a-levels at, when yer not 16-18?!

I want to do ONE AS Level at a college, and nowhere wants me coz I'm either too fucking old, or don't want to do enough courses (they want me to do 3, but I just wanna do one and get a job for the rest of my time)

It feels like fucking age discrimination, and I'm only fucking 19! What about all these people who wanna learn but can't coz nae fucking college will take em coz they're ancient?!

I'm cunted off.

That's so discriminatory!
I hope you can find a way.
Here you can go to uni no matter how old you are, as long as you've finished highschool. And there's a prestigious public uni, so it's free.
*Proud defender of public education in Argentina*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

You could come here.

if yer over 25 grants are a garrentee too ,

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
I think I've found a way, not certain yet, but fingers crossed!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I think I've found a way, not certain yet, but fingers crossed!!

Does it involve bribery or falsifying your age?

spid
spid Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Have you looked into doing it at night school?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
Come to Blackpool and the Fylde college, they accept anyone.....it's an absolute dump. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/21-laugh.gif

I went to Blackpool sixth form, but I still think it accepted people up to about 20. I'm suprised you're struggling at 19, and just for an AS level... :(

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:48 PM Quote
Yor obviously living in the wrong place. My bro went back to do a 5th AS level wen he was 20 at Huddersfield Technical College!

Good luck with it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:29 PM