haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
hahahaha

blue monday. *sigh*

Re: We Wuz Robbed
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
aww poor haz.

...i can't be sad. my uncle won $6,000 off the game.

was pretty disappointed with the commercials however.

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
aww poor haz.

...i can't be sad. my uncle won $6,000 off the game.

was pretty disappointed with the commercials however.

yeah the commericals were very, very weak this year, it's been getting worse recently, the quality of the ads. i think this year i was too invested in the game at hand to pay much attention. totally sucks, i'll get over it...someday ;)

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Will this cheer you up...slightly?

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0204/eurovision.html :0)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
nah i think patriot fans will be talking about it for awhile. the almost perfect season. harsh.

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Will this cheer you up...slightly?

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0204/eurovision.html :0)

that's great, i love the song title too. i hope he wins, g'wan ya good thing!

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
nah i think patriot fans will be talking about it for awhile. the almost perfect season. harsh.

it's extremely harsh, but then again everyone else is all happy now because it didn't happen. it's amazing the amount of ire the pats seemed to evoke during the (perfect) regular season, very irish attitude (i.e. envy a team going the distance because your team couldn't get that far).

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
Sorry haz! I was actually rooting for the Giants. Brady and Moss cost me the championship in my fantasy football league...I like to call it karma!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
Nobody could ever be a bigger sore loser than Bill Belichick.

With 1 second remaining, he walked onto the field to shake the other coaches hand and run off to the locker room before the game even ended. Which caused a bunch of other people (photographers, officials, coaches) to flood the field and then it took 2 minutes or so to clear the field. Then the poor Tom Coughlin who was drenched in Gatorade had to return to the sidelines and run the last play.
Classic.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

With 1 second remaining, he walked onto the field to shake the other coaches hand and run off to the locker room before the game even ended. Which caused a bunch of other people (photographers, officials, coaches) to flood the field and then it took 2 minutes or so to clear the field. Then the poor Tom Coughlin who was drenched in Gatorade had to return to the sidelines and run the last play.
Classic.

Yeah. That was kind of lame. I don't know if this is true, but my editor said that the reason he cuts the sleeves off of his shirts like that is because he doesn't like to be told what to do and what he should wear for the games. So if the league makes him wear a Patriot's shirt, he'll cut the sleeve off to "show them whose boss" I guess, lol. Pretty childish if it's true. He needs to get over himself.

haz
haz Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

With 1 second remaining, he walked onto the field to shake the other coaches hand and run off to the locker room before the game even ended...

and i take it that you'd be oh so gracious to hang around after watching a previously perfect season go down the drain. the guy is human (a bit of a dick to be sure) but human all the same. the pats imploded on sunday evening, belichick shook coughlan's hand that's all that can be asked in a situation like this. i'm sure if your team has a perfect regular season next year and then loses it you'll still be this insightful. thanks.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
haz wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

With 1 second remaining, he walked onto the field to shake the other coaches hand and run off to the locker room before the game even ended...

and i take it that you'd be oh so gracious to hang around after watching a previously perfect season go down the drain. the guy is human (a bit of a dick to be sure) but human all the same. the pats imploded on sunday evening, belichick shook coughlan's hand that's all that can be asked in a situation like this. i'm sure if your team has a perfect regular season next year and then loses it you'll still be this insightful. thanks.

I wasn't really being insightful. That's exactly what happened.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:40 PM