Travis

when will you be coming to MANILA?
beatleboy
beatleboy Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 5:05 AM Quote

my wife and i is a big fan.and our biggest dream is to watch the band live here in manila...|"MABUHAY TRAVIS!"...

Re: when will you be coming to MANILA?
heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 5:14 AM Quote
hey beatleboy. yeah, would be great if travis came to manila. in asia, i think they've only played in japan. anyway, glad to know there's another kababayan around here. welcome! :-D

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
and TURKEY?
Edit:I wrote this long time ago,and look,they're coming to Turkey now!So I think if you wait and don't lose your hope,it suddenly happens.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
Resurrecting this thread again. Will Travis stop by Manila on this year's Asian tour?

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 9:55 AM Quote

Is there any chance? I am patiently hoping they could add in Manila on their forthcoming Asian schedule.

damon
damon Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
philipines??? manila??
i would nor play after what happened to the beatles!!

hahaha, just joking for sure things are quite different now

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
damon wrote:
philipines??? manila??
i would nor play after what happened to the beatles!!

hahaha, just joking for sure things are quite different now

Hi Damon,

Yes, things are different now. Many foreign artists/bands have come to Manila and performed with great success and sold out shows.

What happened to the Beatles was deplorable... that 42 years ago when the country was under a different regime.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Ok, I'm really showing my ignorance now but what happened to the Beatles in Manila?

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Ok, I'm really showing my ignorance now but what happened to the Beatles in Manila?

I wasn't born then, but from what I've gathered-- in 1966 when the Beatles played in Manila, they were invited by then First Lady, Imelda Marcos, for breakfast at the Presidential Palace. The band declined the invitation and the Palace felt slighted. As a result, the band's security/police protection was taken away and the band had to face chaotic crowds by themselves. Let me remind readers here that the country was under the Marcos dictatorship at the time, and the Marcoses did as they pleased.

damon
damon Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

I wasn't born then, but from what I've gathered-- in 1966 when the Beatles played in Manila, they were invited by then First Lady, Imelda Marcos, for breakfast at the Presidential Palace. The band declined the invitation and the Palace felt slighted. As a result, the band's security/police protection was taken away and the band had to face chaotic crowds by themselves. Let me remind readers here that the country was under the Marcos dictatorship at the time, and the Marcoses did as they pleased.

i recall from beatles anthology that paul, george & ringo mentioned that they didn't even recieved any invitation, like if they were not noticed about the breakfast and all that stuff,,,

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
damon wrote:
i recall from beatles anthology that paul, george & ringo mentioned that they didn't even recieved any invitation, like if they were not noticed about the breakfast and all that stuff,,,

That may have been the case; differing points of view sometimes cause 'misunderstanding'. Many countries have gone through turbulent pasts due to their leaders or government. It was unfortunate that the Beatles had to experience Manila during such a time. It was bad for them, but also for citizens and everyone who opposed the government! But things have changed and people strive to build a better country. I know this from personal experience. Foreign artists/bands who visit Manila now are treated very well.

Going back to the subject of this thread, there are Travis fans in Manila who are members on this messageboard. They are nice, and, like everyone else here, they also want to see Travis LIVE.

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 10:31 AM Quote

Turning back the time of history to its darkest would bring about unreasonable perception to the present situation and totally ignore the progress that has been taking place over the past 4 decades (of any country). Unsound things may have happened but changes have set the stage for different opportunities we’re enjoying today.

I couldn’t help but to be more proud of my country to see where it is now in comparison to where it has been, to the bright future it is heading.

The recent visits from well-known names in music like the maroon 5 and Beyonce (among others)proved not the remotest similarity with the unacceptable treatment to the Beatles.

Many Filipino fans are looking forward for Travis to pay us a visit one day but if that decision boils down to what had happened 40 years ago then that’s something my mind I can’t wrap around.

Of course we are concern for their safety and security. But keep in mind that it wasn’t a stand still ever since. We have been busy growing (realistically) and we are way passed the experience of a spoiled past.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 22 Jun, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
happy_to_hang_around wrote:
and TURKEY?
Edit:I wrote this long time ago,and look,they're coming to Turkey now!So I think if you wait and don't lose your hope,it suddenly happens.

That's so true, happy! Thanks for the support :-)

Travis, please come! Manila awaits you!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:23 PM