Re: Most moving piece of music
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Ermm, I don't. Sorry

Dubz

well yes, but with this being a Travis board, I think it's safe to assume that at least some boardies here do like Travis :o)

I'm with Dubz on this! Haha.

Huh? You too?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Ermm, I don't. Sorry

Dubz

well yes, but with this being a Travis board, I think it's safe to assume that at least some boardies here do like Travis :o)

I'm with Dubz on this! Haha.

Huh? You too?

Well, if you want my honest answer, I find their stuff a bit too lovey and ermmm well daisies and pansies and girls skipping in the grass for my liking. I don't know what an actual word for this is, but they ain't really my cup of tea anymore.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Well, if you want my honest answer, I find their stuff a bit too lovey and ermmm well daisies and pansies and girls skipping in the grass for my liking. I don't know what an actual word for this is, but they ain't really my cup of tea anymore.

If you want my honest response, I love their previous albums, but TBWNN- nah, not really. So I see your point.

And now, Grinner, someone will punch us in the back of our heads for saying this. LOL.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

If you want my honest response, I love their previous albums, but TBWNN- nah, not really. So I see your point.

And now, Grinner, someone will punch us in the back of our heads for saying this. LOL.

They can punch all they like, I have steel toe capped boots, one kick in the head and... =P

Yeah, don't mess with Lil' Grin!!

[I am obviously joking and wouldn't kick anyone into hospital. Just the fookin' canal.]

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I will mess all of you up , good thing you're on the other side of the world

but my pick , 2nd song Indian Summer , not the most moving of all time but one I return too alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJLsFUVUyXs

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
Hahaha, and then you'll save another person FROM the fookin' canal! Btw, how come you're not out on Saturday evening?

P.S. Sorry for the off topic, peeps!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Hahaha, and then you'll save another person FROM the fookin' canal! Btw, how come you're not out on Saturday evening?

Far too skint. Saving my pennies for Friday! Big Hand <3 How bouts yourself, why you stuck indoors?

Oh errm... let's pick another moving song.

Don't Go Away - Oasis.

(Phwoar, Liam looks soooo fit in this vid!)

dee
dee Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
great thread,

songs that currently make my spine tingle:
something-the beatles

one of my favourite cover versions of a song wuthering heights-albert niland

this always fricking gets me too badly drawn boy-the shining

ignore the politics behind this next song, the celtic thugs and people with no sense of humanity who hop aboard anything to do with 1916.
this song just has such a tragic backstory.
one of the leaders of the 1916 rising, joseph mary plunkett, was permitted to marry his fiance the eve before his execution.
grace-wolfetones

also i know it's been said before but everybody hurts by REM gets me cos it reminds me of when my brother practically disappeared for the summer it was released.
i can't listen to "nearer my god to thee" or "were you there" without feeling all trembly either, not because i'm particularly religious, i just have some very vivid memories tied into them.
i suppose different music can move you for all sorts of reasons.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Far too skint. Saving my pennies for Friday! Big Hand <3 How bouts yourself, why you stuck indoors?

Ahh, I see! I'm just not in the mood for partying today- it's my couch potato day!

Moving song: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Ahh, I see! I'm just not in the mood for partying today- it's my couch potato day!

Potatoes are bufff :D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Far too skint. Saving my pennies for Friday! Big Hand <3

er, Super Furry Animals is Sat , not Friday . we'll still hold a spot for you up front

EDIT
oops the 9th , plenty of time

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:41 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Oh errm... let's pick another moving song.

Don't Go Away - Oasis.

(Phwoar, Liam looks soooo fit in this vid!)

"Don't Go Away" is my favorite Oasis song. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:08 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
Any genre; pop, rock, classical, anything goes. Just which always makes you stop what you're doing and listen?

Nimrod - Elgar

I'm not a great classical enthusiast, but this one I really like. A great piece of music, full of emotion. A strong theme, good variation in tone and instruments.

TURN by Travis of course - my own personal anthem

Mozart - piano Concerto Nr. 20, 2. movement - brings me close to tears everytime

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
dee wrote:

this always fricking gets me too badly drawn boy-the shining

That whole album has some right moments in it.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 12:00 PM Quote
Teardrop

Let Down

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:53 AM