Travis

Re: Can we try lyrics now?
everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'd just like someone to write me some lyrics so I can make a song around them! I don't really like writing lyrics. :p I have loads of melodies 'lying around', and it depresses me to think I'm gonna have to write lyrics for all of 'em if I'm gonna record them lol.

Hello! Speaking personally, I've always enjoyed writing lyrics. I think I'm a far more capable with lyrics, than I am playing, singing or writing tunes. So I suppose I often feel the same as you but in reverse! Instinctually, I'd say its best and perhaps more meaningful to write your own lyrics, but I thought it would be fun to experiment (I guess the recent 'Friends' thing has got me in the mood for it, and I really liked your version - especially as I can only seem to write in a real downbeat style!), and I'd definitely be up for writing/giving you some lyrics or whatever you've got in mind. Or perhaps gimme a melody and I'll try putting lyrics to it. Whatever, s'no biggie, and no offence taken if you're not up for it. But yeah, gimme a message if you like and it could be cool to do something or other? :)

Cheerio
Sam

Re: FAO: FRAN--Can we try lyrics now?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
Cooperation is a beautiful thing.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
I'd just like someone to write me some lyrics so I can make a song around them! I don't really like writing lyrics. :p I have loads of melodies 'lying around', and it depresses me to think I'm gonna have to write lyrics for all of 'em if I'm gonna record them lol.

i'm the inverse of what you said.
I can't create a melody by myself, but writing lyrics now and then is a need to let burning thoughts out of me.
Why don't you search inside yourself, things you wanted to tell to somebody and you couldn't, or you can't do it face to face or is late to say (anger, love, whatever). Why don't you search inside of you and tell about what did you live, what do you see? i find this in Travis lyrics...

Hope you give it a try!

Yeah, I think I must be a pretty empty person then 'cos I can't conjure up anything I wanna sing about! I mean I have done, but they've all been written now. I've got about 12 or so complete songs with lyrics 'n everything though, so I guess I'll focus on recording them for now.

I also often find poems easier to write than songs. I like writing poetically, but sometimes that style doesn't translate too well into a song. I do tend to like more poetic lyrics in songs though, with lots of imagery and words that just sound nice and flow. :p If that makes any sense.

ouuh! I guess my english is worse than expected :P
Never mean you feel a pretty empty person; even more, nobody is empty until they die I think; even in bad times you are full of feelings never empty; that's what i like to express (perhaps my english sounds cold...)
And,I see what you mean, I have written just one song; the others are all poems, which I also find easier to write. I can't think about creating music for them, but when i read them sounds like jingles or something...

(Ps:"June" has a poetically beautiful lyric, and fit great with the melody)

ok, i guess i have to go then...
Bye

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:

Hello! Speaking personally, I've always enjoyed writing lyrics. I think I'm a far more capable with lyrics, than I am playing, singing or writing tunes. So I suppose I often feel the same as you but in reverse! Instinctually, I'd say its best and perhaps more meaningful to write your own lyrics, but I thought it would be fun to experiment (I guess the recent 'Friends' thing has got me in the mood for it, and I really liked your version - especially as I can only seem to write in a real downbeat style!), and I'd definitely be up for writing/giving you some lyrics or whatever you've got in mind. Or perhaps gimme a melody and I'll try putting lyrics to it. Whatever, s'no biggie, and no offence taken if you're not up for it. But yeah, gimme a message if you like and it could be cool to do something or other? :)

Cheerio
Sam

Hi, yeah sounds like fun. If you have any lyrics lying around, PM me them and I'll see what I can do. :D I'll probably take ages doing it though, so don't expect a speedy service, lol.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
We need a title. How should we choose? We had this suggestion:

paul_c wrote:
What about those two songs someone was on about the other day? 'Not About To Change' and 'Eye of the Needle'

Are those okay or do we need something completely new? If these are already written, I don't want to plagiarize ;o)

SONGWRITERS PLEASE VOTE:
Fine with me OR Find something new

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
I think we should give it a go with these titles until someone comes up with anything better. It's going to be quite a wide topic though :)

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
What about starting with "Friends"? haha

"more about Friends", isn'it??

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
What about starting with "Friends"? haha

"more about Friends", isn'it??

Oh for pity's sake, NO! ;o)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
I don't think I'd be comfortable with writing something for those titles. It's just that the songs have probably already been written. I'd rather have something completely new, but if Fran doesn't give us anything else I dont know how to come up with a title we all can agree on though :-P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
We could always try the Random Song Title Generator
http://www.modplug.com/title_generator.html

But so far, they've all been ridiculous.
Who wants to write a song called "Self-Destructive Sock Puppets?"

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Haha, I got "Humble Skeletons In The Streets" - sounds like an instant hit to me :-P

Maybe we can just call the song "Lyrics"?

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Haha, I got "Humble Skeletons In The Streets" - sounds like an instant hit to me :-P

Maybe we can just call the song "Lyrics"?

Got "Genial Miracles" :oD

Secondly: "Invisible Ineptitude" aahahaha! very inspiring

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
My favorites so far:
"Froody Gerbils In The Mirror" and "Cyber- Gerbils"

Lol! So relevant it's scary ;)

mili
mili Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
Hmm, what about these...lol

Transparent Meat
Perpendicular Bits
Moderate Operations

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
First one I got was "Opportunistic Hippies" ... where's Ric? :P

LOL! I also got...
"Erupting Rendezvous In My Pants"
"Super-Sized Groove"
and "Ghetto Chia Pets"

The only titles I kinda liked were "Dreary Princess" and "Nostalgic Silence" ... sounds Travisy.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:27 PM