Travis

Re: F*cking Roomates
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 7:00 AM Quote
well, I've mixing feelings about roomates, I love some of them, because we care like a family, but the last one I just HATE her!!! she had her bf anytime she wants and he slept at our bedroom several times... noisy, her favourite phrase was "you pissed me off!", for everything!!! well, she was really disgusting... we even fight once -my last days there- and I have a scarf about that b**ch!

The Curious Case of the Disappearing Flatmate
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 11:21 AM Quote

The Curious Case of the Disappearing Flatmate

Prologue...
(the names, places, etc. have been changed to protect the innocent)

Stuart, Vicky and Wallace all shared a modern spacious flat in a posh area of Dubai. Stuart was from Partick in Scotland originally but had resettled in Dubai, Vicky was a doctor from the East who had moved to Dubai to work, Wallace was in the same situation, though from the West originally, but as a consultant had normal working hours, as oppossed to Vicky's shift work. These guys were all quite happy and got on extremely well, Their partners would visit and all get on well too. There was also a lot of the time Stuart, Vicky or Wallace would visit their partners, so often in fact it was not unknown that one of the three flatmates would have the place to their own for a few days.

One day however Wallace got an offer of a position back in his hometown, he'd be closer to his girlfriend, his family and his friends. This would save a lot of commuting. Stuart and Vicky agreed he'd "Be mad not to take up the offer", However there was the small matter of the landlord, Peter, a greedy, camp, effeminate waste of skin with absolutely no social skills whatsoever, Would Wallace get his deposit back, would Peter hold him to the lease... Wallace solved this problem by talking to his work colleagues, one of whom, Brenda, a Greek "lady" was looking for somewhere to resettle after recently arriving. Peter, Stuart & Vicky all agreed this was a good idea and took Wallace at his word that she was "A lovely person". Wallace moed out and Stuart and Vicky said their goodbyes to him wishing the best of luck for the future.

As soon as Brenda moved in the trouble started, she complained about everything. She was also very quiet and frequently Stuart or Vicky would turn around to find her right behind them, which freaked them out quite a bit. One night Vicky finished her shift in the Hospital and met up with a few of her friends, they decided then to hit the town, They arrived back at the flat to find the place in darkness, which was strange as it was only 9pm and Stuart always left a light on before going out (another thing Brenda complained about). Vicky's plan was to have a quick shower and get changed while the girls shared a bottle of wine while waiting. When the got into the house the thought Brenda may be asleep and as her room was next to the lounge they decided not to turn on the TV just in case she was asleep, the girls closed the door, also to keep the noise down, and had hardly sat down when Brenda poked her head around the door and told everyone very rudely "That this was her quiet time, could they please keep the noise down" Vicky was devastated, it was only 9pm and the girls were being as quiet as they could needless to say they left quickly and quietly. Vicky was also hugely embarassed by the fact that Brenda had spoken to her and her friends in that manner. Brenda could have handled it a lot better by having a quiet word alone with Vicky, instead of embarrassing her in front of her friends. From this moment on the relationship between the two Flatmates was "frosty" at best, to add insult to injury Vicky received a phone call from Peter the landlord. He wanted to know why Vicky was having parties! as Brenda had called him. Stuart was a bit surprised by all of this behaviour but decided it was really nothing to do with him. A few days later Brenda mentioned to Stuart she had some holidays coming up and asked would it be ok for her son to stay for the weekend before they headed off to Greece. Stuart told her of course it was, Stuart then decided it would be nice if he went to his girlfriend's place for a few days to give them some space. Unfortunately no one told Vicky who came home after three straight days of 13hour shifts, Tired and Hungry all she wanted to do was eat and crash as she was working again the following day. When she landed at the flat she was greeted by the sight of Brenda's husband cooking for Brenda and two children. Now bearing in mind that Brenda rented a small double room "where the hell were they all sleeping", Vicky had had enough and decide to go stay with a friend. When Stuart arrived back after five days it was Wednesday and they were all still there, eventually they all left on Friday, Stuart called Vicky and told her it was "safe" to come back. Stuart also thought that if Brenda was prepared to call Peter the landlord then Stuart should do exactly the same thing as he felt that he and Vicky could no longer relax in their own home, which incidentally was not the cheapest rent in town. Peter the spinless gobshite refused to do anything and by this time relationships had broken down beyond repair in the flat it was an evil atmosphere within the walls.

Stuart and Vicky decide to offer an ultimatum to Peter either Brenda leaves and he looks for one new tenant or he looks for two. Peter's hand was forced he gave Brenda her notice and off she went after living out her horrible 28 days notice. Stuart and Vicky then had the place to themselves until...

Dubz

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 3:42 PM Quote
Haha! I feel like we need an over dramatic promo for the next installment in this story. Sounds like it's getting goooooood, or bad however you look at it.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 3:46 PM Quote
Wow it all starts out so lovely until Brenda's arrival. What an odd sounding person. I love that 2 very quiet girls coming home with their friend constitutes a "party."

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 3:57 PM Quote
Her "quiet time." That's funny. Like she's 3.

I can't wait for the next installment.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 4:00 PM Quote
Where it all took place....

http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/OsKeINCKnKiz36C8VMDy44hxNUBa5__y_7W759SQ4fttPWRhZnQmbD02MDA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/Iu4GwluehwHCR94loZ7suwgr4b8lyUkEDJ0EFBmE5iFtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/8PR2bj6Ou_l3_DpKIRVkd-CQa9uqYmft2tFAg_tsbS9tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/24PJ62BzWWkxJSC9IXLzHSfc8NbdUdfA55-VOxWe3wBtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/KNNoQ3esR9w15Gd9LO3jAnFUU2V9OU7CMZwfMd63-Q5tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/Lv0NLiJmNvqFGRMBTZCfzzPoO7fG7PQObJ_O4D_B8G5tPWRhZnQmbD02MDA=.jpghttp://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/GWkZ2mSa3n75VDKQF7B96rp3UJAjzfAYvKIF_9WKIDttPWRhZnQmbD02MDA=.jpg

Dubz

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
Nice flat!!

I'm anxious for the next story installment! It's quite intriguing...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 8:56 PM Quote
Chapter 1. The Arrival of Tony.

Stuart and Vicky were very much enjoying their new found freedom, lounging around the place relaxing, inviting friends over and basically having a nice time. As time wore on Stuart wondered why Peter was not in a hurry to find a new tenant for the spare room. Stuart and Vicky really did not care as long as they were enjoying themselves. Then about a month after Brenda had gone Vicky received a call from Peter, he had a prospective tenant, the person arrived had a look around but decide the place was not for him. Stuart and Vicky had also decided by this time they wanted to “vet”any prospective tenants as it was they who had to live with them. As Peter was finding it tough to get anyone he then relayed to Vicky that for tax reasons he could pretend to move back in and use the room for storage. Stuart thought this a brilliant idea as it would leave just him and Vicky in the flat plus a spare room for guests should they need it and as they got along so well it sounded perfect, Two days later the weekend arrived which was coincidentally a bank holiday. Stuart’s girlfriend whom he had not been able to spend a lot of time with was on holiday and Vicky had gone away for the weekend. On the Sunday evening Stuart and his partner had gone out for a meal and more than a few drinks, Vicky also landed back from her holiday which had been a girlie weekender, lots of wine dancing and song. At noon both Stuart and Vicky received a text to say Peter had a prospective tenant and was coming around at 2pm to show the room. Stuart and Vicky were in no fit state to deal with Peter or anyone else for that matter so they buggered off out. Peter was extremely insistant and Stuart and Vicky agreed to meet the gentleman the next evening.

The next evening arrived and Peter showed up with Tony at the agreed time, Tony was a small Indonesian guy, very pleasant and very easy going, He was 37 years old and looked about 23 a fact that Stuart later found out was due to an extensive collection of face creams. Vicky actually thought he may be gay due to his skin and his immaculate dress sense but more on that later. Stuart and Vicky explained that there may be times when guests were around and that the fact his room was right next to the living area there would be a certain amount of ambient noise. Tony was Ok with this as we extended the same courtesy to him, if he wanted to bring guests around. Tony mentioned that he had lived in Finland and the States before moving to Dubai. He also mentioned that his parents had owned a Chinese restaurant and he would love to cook for us sometime. Stuart and Vicky were well impressed with this guy and thought he would be a great flatmate.

When Tony moved in that weekend the lads were looking forward to it. Stuart met him and helped him in with his stuff, gave him advice as to where everything was etc. Then they had a good old chat over a few beers, Stuart was going over to his girlfriend that night. Later that evening he got a text from Vicky. Vicky had arrived home late from the pub and met Tony in the house were Tony had decided to spill his whole life story. A highlight of this story was that Tony had been set to get married twice. Once to Finnish girl who left him at the alter and another Indonesian girl whom he thought was deeply in love with him, they had a party in their apartment in Finland to celebrate the wedding during which his best mate had spent the whole evening in the kitchen with his soon to be bride. Tony thought it was great that his best mate had gotten on so well with his future wife. The next morning Tony had gotten up early to clean up and while doing so noticed his best mate standing outside on the street. Tony called out to him to come in but his mate refused saying “Ah so you do not know yet”finding this a bit odd Tony then turned around to see his future bride standing at the bedroom door with a suitcase. She told him she was leaving him for his best mate and that he was there to pick her up. Stuart and Vicky felt terrible for him, How unlucky could one guy be ?? Tony had arrived in Dubai on Sunday viewed the flat on Monday and moved in on Saturday. In the same time he had managed to form a relationship with one of his co-workers, a 23year old Polish girl called Amy he had met her at work and while out for a few beers on Friday had hooked up with her. Stuart was never told of the wife stories but was subject to the lewd comments from Tony about his own sex life i.e. Stuart would mention that his girlfriend was very tired as she had been working hard all week, Tony would reply “yeah! working hard Stuart, you’re the man”.with a wink. While Stuart found these uncomfortable he let them slide as Tony was obviously readjusting to living in Dubai.

It was about a week later that Stuart received a call from Peter the landlord requesting that we treat Tony as gently as possible as he had just been told that his father back in Indonesia had just passed away...

Dubz

dee
dee Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 8:58 PM Quote
all sounds strangely familiar stevie...hmm

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
dee wrote:
all sounds strangely familiar stevie...hmm

Stuart's Girlfriend could be called Bea if you're not careful.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 9:29 PM Quote
I dont understand why she lives with you...err...Stuart, if she has a husband and kids.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 9:35 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I dont understand why she lives with you...err...Stuart, if she has a husband and kids.

I think she was divorced, it was all a bit weird, her son lived with his Dad down south, but she wanted to work in Dublin, I mean Dubai. I thought it was incredibly selfish that she put herself before her son but then that's just me.

Dubz

dee
dee Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 9:48 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I think she was divorced, it was all a bit weird, her son lived with his Dad down south, but she wanted to work in Dublin, I mean Dubai. I thought it was incredibly selfish that she put herself before her son but then that's just me.

Dubz

no, what was weird was the unrelated small girl who she had sitting around the apartment unattended.

maybe you should have begun way before all of this.like when Bea's friend Grace stayed over too, complete in micro-mini skirt and liters of vodka to be greeted by Stuarts uber-sedate married couple roomates who looked at the whole scene with a mixture of disgust (the wife ) and awe (the husband) .It looked like Stuart was some debauched legend of a man.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 9:51 PM Quote
For real these roommates are so weird I know there is no way that Stuart (I guess he's a friend of yours Dubz?) could make it up.

I would like to request that Stuart's girlfriend be named in the next installment. I suggest Pinky.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Haha! I feel like we need an over dramatic promo for the next installment in this story. Sounds like it's getting goooooood, or bad however you look at it.

Oooh...I agree! These are getting good!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:19 AM