Travis

F*cking Roomates
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:30 AM Quote
It is 12:26 Eastern time. My roomated are on the phone with their respective boyfriends, both named Anthony. Now, since it was the first couple of weeks of school I thought, you know, they're probably homesick, wanna talk to them I get it. But we are now entering week 3 of school and Candice talks to her boyfriend every single night in the room. I don't mind her talking to her boyfriend, she could just, I don't know, LEAVE THE FRIGGIN' ROOM TO DO IT! Christ... She is currently curled up underneath her pink and orange comforter talking in a incredibly low voice to her bf. I don't wanna even know what's going on in the conversation. I usually leave the room she starts chatting, but I shouldn't have to. It's my room too, and it's just rude, especially when it's after midnight. And my other roommate who is talking to her boyfriend can't leave the room, because she uses the line in the room. ARGH! I think I'll bring it up tomorrow as a complaint.

Re: F*cking Roomates
Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:35 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
It is 12:26 Eastern time. My roomated are on the phone with their respective boyfriends, both named Anthony. Now, since it was the first couple of weeks of school I thought, you know, they're probably homesick, wanna talk to them I get it. But we are now entering week 3 of school and Candice talks to her boyfriend every single night in the room. I don't mind her talking to her boyfriend, she could just, I don't know, LEAVE THE FRIGGIN' ROOM TO DO IT! Christ... She is currently curled up underneath her pink and orange comforter talking in a incredibly low voice to her bf. I don't wanna even know what's going on in the conversation. I usually leave the room she starts chatting, but I shouldn't have to. It's my room too, and it's just rude, especially when it's after midnight. And my other roommate who is talking to her boyfriend can't leave the room, because she uses the line in the room. ARGH! I think I'll bring it up tomorrow as a complaint.

that sucks. I would definitely talk to them about it. Probably won't change unless you do.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:36 AM Quote
Ufff! That sucks. You definitely should complain. I mean, every single night! And it's late! They can talk to their boyfriends and do whatever they want, but they have no right to bother you every night!

Edit: Meridith and I said the exact same thing xD.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:43 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ufff! That sucks. You definitely should complain. I mean, every single night! And it's late! They can talk to their boyfriends and do whatever they want, but they have no right to bother you every night!

Edit: Meridith and I said the exact same thing xD.

:)

I never had to deal with roomates. The university that I went to was a commuter campus. It only took me 20 minutes to get there so I just lived at home and saved money.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:51 AM Quote
Well lucky you Meridith (can you spot the sarcasm?)! Some of us are less fortunate. Just kidding I'm just kind of P-oed that this even has to be stated. I mean, the thing is, I thought I shouldn't have to mention it, you know. Like it's a known thing that being on the phone past midnight when other people are trying to sleep is just a No-no.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Well lucky you Meridith (can you spot the sarcasm?)! Some of us are less fortunate. Just kidding I'm just kind of P-oed that this even has to be stated. I mean, the thing is, I thought I shouldn't have to mention it, you know. Like it's a known thing that being on the phone past midnight when other people are trying to sleep is just a No-no.

I think people are kinda too selfish sometimes to even notice. I've been in the room with people who will sit there and read a book with the light on in the same place where I'm trying to sleep...I can't sleep with any outside stimuli. It drives me up a wall. And also, people who come INTO a room when you're watching TV to make a phone call and then proceed to "shush" YOU.

And by People I mean my Mother..... :-P I can't even imagine living with someone I didn't already previously know!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

ha ha...at the same time, I missed out on the whole campus life/going away to college thing. ah well...pros and cons to everything I guess.

yeah, it's too bad you even have to say something...but then again, some people are just clueless.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 6:07 AM Quote
Well the thing is, I thought they would have picked up on it when I left the room every time they started talking, but they haven't! This is defintely coming up tomorrow. Along with the fact that one of them makes waaaaayyyy too much noise in the morning when getting ready. I was planning on waking up at 8:45 today. Instead I was woke up at 7 freakin' 15 to the sound of my roommate blundering around the room opening her drawers rummaging around and closing them... LOUDLY. Jebus.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 6:54 AM Quote
Ugh...roommates. I'm glad to be done with that. I have the unique situation of having lived with roommates on campus and now at home and commuting. And there are positives and negatives to both. My roommate situation last year was actually kinda neat...we lived in suites of about 10-12 girls (this made the shared bathroom pretty crazy at times)...with rooms of doubles and triples. I was lucky and got along well enough with my roommate (basically because she was never there, which was fine by me). But my poor best friend was in a triple with two b*tches (in the same suite). They were fine for the first few weeks of school, but then suddenly decided they didn't like anyone else but themselves and COMPLETLEY ignored/shut out the rest of us. Like they never said a WORD to us. But there was plenty of passive b*tchiness going on. Crazy weird huh? Well anyway my friend was lucky enough to be able to move into a different room in the suite.

Moral of the story: Roommates...can't live with them...can live without them. :D Lol, anyway...I think you should say something Lauren. They may not even notice what they are doing.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:13 AM Quote
People with no self awareness like that drive me nuts. FFS, go sit somewhere else. Aren't they aware you're trying to sleep?

Try some underhanded tactics. Is there any chance you could start dating someone from the West coast, and phone them at 6am and talk LOUDLY.

My flatmate used to sit in the living room and answer his phone and have a conversation whilst I was watching a movie. I'd just turn the TV up until he got the message and left to speak elsewhere.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:29 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

Try some underhanded tactics. Is there any chance you could start dating someone from the West coast, and phone them at 6am and talk LOUDLY.

Haha...someone on the west coast would be equally pissed off because it would be 3am :D

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:37 AM Quote
damn. My knowledge of US time zones has been shown up to be poor at best!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:41 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
damn. My knowledge of US time zones has been shown up to be poor at best!

Haha. I figured you got them mixed up.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 11:49 AM Quote
Poor u! Im so glad i had a room to myself =D

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 11:51 AM Quote
Punch them in the back of the head.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:31 PM