Travis

Re: F*cking Roomates
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:25 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

Try some underhanded tactics. Is there any chance you could start dating someone from the West coast, and phone them at 6am and talk LOUDLY.

Haha...someone on the west coast would be equally pissed off because it would be 3am :D

she could date a Scotsman ?

you gotta put your foot down and assert yourself . Though , there's a chance they just don't get it

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
Just tell em to shut the fuck up or leave the room when she's on t'phone that late at night. Subtlety doesnt work with people who have no self awareness.

Sorry if soemone else has written this, I can't be arsed reading t'whole thread.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Just tell em to shut the fuck up or leave the room when she's on t'phone that late at night. Subtlety doesnt work with people who have no self awareness.

Sorry if soemone else has written this, I can't be arsed reading t'whole thread.

That British Reserve ?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Punch them in the back of the head.

and grow a pair

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
So far Esterban's (and Megg's) advice is the best. : )

Lauren, I'm sorry. Roommate stuff is hard. I had one who had a drama filled relationship with her boyfriend. Once I got locked out of my room for a whole afternoon when I needed to get in to at least retrieve my books so I could study for a huge test. Would they even open the door? No. They were too busy fighting.

Good times.

So I definitely say something. Better to nip it in the bud, set good boundaries, and all that crap. On a positive note (at least for you), their relationships will probably fall apart by Spring Break.

(again, I guess I need to go vote pessimist in the poll!)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
I guess this answers my PM question about how you're getting along with your new roommates. :/

Sorry to hear that Lauren. I think you have every right to talk to them about it. They shouldn't talk on the phone after midnight if they're living with other people in one room! It seems like it would just be common sense! And if they really need to, they should leave the room.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
Is there any way of learning to talk in your sleep? That would totally show them.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Is there any way of learning to talk in your sleep? That would totally show them.

No no no, pretend to be sleeping and just SCREAM.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
I think have your own phone conversations....but use a banana as a phone. You could even use a sharpie and draw numbers on it.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
Lauren - How about taking advice from Sean Connery in "The Untouchables" and bringing them down the Chicago way:

Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

For example - they phone their boyfriend at 12am, so you bring home a man at 1am!!

**NB: This plan is potentially fatally flawed, as it requires you to act like a bit of a tart.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I think have your own phone conversations....but use a banana as a phone. You could even use a sharpie and draw numbers on it.

LOL!

Or a hamburger phone like Juno. But use a real burger and write numbers on the bun.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
banana as a phone.

doo doo deee doo dee dooo

ding dong ding dong ding dong ding

BANANA PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Please, somebody else tell me they know what I'm talking about. Else type 'bananaphone' into youtube)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
banana as a phone.

(Please, somebody else tell me they know what I'm talking about. Else type 'bananaphone' into youtube)

My cellular, bananular phoooone!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
serious , assert yourself

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
banana as a phone.

My cellular, bananular phoooone!

ring-ring-ring-ring-ring
BANANA PHONE!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:19 PM