Travis

   
Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
Hi Fran!
Travis is always so cool about fans recording at shows. I love that you even encourage it. I was curious if you feel the same way about fans almost certainly posting clips from your club shows, where y'all will be playing unreleased material. Is that a way for you to get even more audience feedback?

Wish I could be there but I know you'll be back in Austin soon!

-Anne

P.S. In another thread I offered my backyard as a possible venue for the Austin show. Just think about it, OK? ; )

EDIT: P.P.S. My main motivation for asking is that I am so curious to hear the "official" version of Friends.
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
P.S. In another thread I offered my backyard as a possible venue for the Austin show. Just think about it, OK? ; )

We're all invited, aren't we? :p
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
P.S. In another thread I offered my backyard as a possible venue for the Austin show. Just think about it, OK? ; )

We're all invited, aren't we? :p


Of course! My suggestion was they do shows exclusively in my backyard so all the boardies would come to me!
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
http://www1.bestgraph.com/gifs/musique/danses/danses-14.gif
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Hi Fran!
Travis is always so cool about fans recording at shows. I love that you even encourage it. I was curious if you feel the same way about fans almost certainly posting clips from your club shows, where y'all will be playing unreleased material. Is that a way for you to get even more audience feedback?

Wish I could be there but I know you'll be back in Austin soon!

-Anne

P.S. In another thread I offered my backyard as a possible venue for the Austin show. Just think about it, OK? ; )

EDIT: P.P.S. My main motivation for asking is that I am so curious to hear the "official" version of Friends.
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:12 PM Quote
[quote="weirdmominaustin"] Hi Fran!
Travis is always so cool about fans recording at shows. I love that you even encourage it. I was curious if you feel the same way about fans almost certainly posting clips from your club shows, where y'all will be playing unreleased material. Is that a way for you to get even more audience feedback?

Wish I could be there but I know you'll be back in Austin soon!

-Anne

Hey Anne, yes I was thinking about this. In an ideal world i would prefer that nothing was recorded but totally understand and respect the nature of the internet in that if we're "out there" gigging, to then expect recording on mobile phones etc not to be "out there" on the web would be foolish.
Feedback is welcomed but we generally do our own thing :)

 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:32 PM Quote
is weird mommy gonna Bar B Q ?
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
gladsadmad
Posts: 815
gladsadmad Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:07 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Hey Anne, yes I was thinking about this. In an ideal world i would prefer that nothing was recorded but totally understand and respect the nature of the internet in that if we're "out there" gigging, to then expect recording on mobile phones etc not to be "out there" on the web would be foolish.
Feedback is welcomed but we generally do our own thing :)

So that means that you are ok with us fans taking cameras etc to the club gigs? I know that you have actively encouraged it in the past, but you'll be playing brand new songs here. I won't record anything if you do not give your permission. However it might help to see how you can improve the song when it comes to recording them properly in the studio if you can look at recordings back to see your performance. By "do our own thing" mean that recording doesn't affect the band?

Being "out-there" is good for adding the buzz about a band and raises excitement about upcoming albums.

ps - Looking forward to seeing you in Portsmouth. It'll be exciting to hear the new songs for the first time.
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:38 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Feedback is welcomed but we generally do our own thing :)


Fran,
Thanks for the response. Yes you are quite good at doing your own thing. : )
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
is weird mommy gonna Bar B Q ?


It's bring your own. But you can use my grill.
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
is weird mommy gonna Bar B Q ?


It's bring your own. But you can use my grill.


Where's the Southern hospitality ? you gotta show me how it's done

thanks for the tape
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:56 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Where's the Southern hospitality ? you gotta show me how it's done

thanks for the tape


I'll make some for you but if Travis takes my suggestion (as I'm *sure* they will) and does 100 gigs in my backyard that is a lot of meat for me to provide for all the boardies.

I'll probably do a big BBQ the first night. And I'd have some every night for the band and crew of course.

You're welcome for the tape.
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
Nikki
Posts: 7519
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Where's the Southern hospitality ? you gotta show me how it's done

thanks for the tape


I'll make some for you but if Travis takes my suggestion (as I'm *sure* they will) and does 100 gigs in my backyard that is a lot of meat for me to provide for all the boardies.

I'll probably do a big BBQ the first night. And I'd have some every night for the band and crew of course.

You're welcome for the tape.


LOL! You've got it all planned out Anne! ;)

Thanks for the response Fran. I was wondering the same thing after I posted in the Friends chat that someone needs to record the new stuff when you play it live. I though to myself, "Hmmm...wonder if that's okay with the band!?"
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
LOL! You've got it all planned out Anne!


I'm glad I was typing instead of talking because I would have been laughing too hard at my "plan."
 
Re: Question for Herr Healy about the upcoming club shows
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Posts: 7556
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
I can bring some meat xD
 
Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:09 AM
Post Reply