Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 1:57 AM Quote
I DON'T like having a pinched nerve in my back. It's quite painful! The doctor gave me some good drugs, though, lol. They knocked me OUT last night. Apparently, just before I passed out, I said "I'm on a big, fluffy cloud." LOL!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:44 PM Quote
How did you end up with a pinched nerve?

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 3:00 PM Quote
the German job market situation (it doesn't help that I know I'm not the only one who "doesn't like" it...)... and HR people, I definitely don't like those guys.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 3:11 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Pride when it gets the better of you. My Dad passed away yesterday and although it was a rocky relationship at times, I've messed up because there are alot of things I should have settled with him earlier.........and didn't. This is likely to be one of my biggest regrets.

oh my, I'm so sorry for you :(

I know this isn't going to help, but I kinda know how you feel (my dad passed away 5 years ago) and all I can say is I really hope you have the strength to talk about your regrets (and about what you think went wrong) to the people you love.

P.S.: I think the letter-idea is great, 5 years ago no one came up with something remotely as good as this, but I seriously think it would've helped.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 4:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
How did you end up with a pinched nerve?

I have no clue! I was just at work sitting at my desk. I didn't even move funny or twist in a weird way. It just started hurting and got worse and worse as the night went on. I felt like I was having a heart attack cuz the pain was shooting down my left arm. Kinda scary! :/

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 6:47 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
deebee wrote:
Pride when it gets the better of you. My Dad passed away yesterday and although it was a rocky relationship at times, I've messed up because there are alot of things I should have settled with him earlier.........and didn't. This is likely to be one of my biggest regrets.

oh my, I'm so sorry for you :(

I know this isn't going to help, but I kinda know how you feel (my dad passed away 5 years ago) and all I can say is I really hope you have the strength to talk about your regrets (and about what you think went wrong) to the people you love.

P.S.: I think the letter-idea is great, 5 years ago no one came up with something remotely as good as this, but I seriously think it would've helped.

Thank you Lilly. I'm sorry to hear you've been thru this too. I suppose it's just a part of life. I've written my letter and with his funeral taking place on Thursday, I'm hoping to leave it with him at the crematorium.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 7:08 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

I'm just reading this now Debbie...I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to find the comfort you need. HUGS!

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 9:45 PM Quote
I hate that it's not even October and i've been using a hot water bottle for about a week. I'm sure Dubz will tell me how gay that is ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 8:11 AM Quote
Meridith, thank you - everyone on here has been so lovely :)

Andrew, is it one of those bottles in a fluffy furry cover????

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:10 AM Quote
Also, I don't like the fact that there's a public-transportation strike going on in Munich (it's Octoberfest-time here and the town is bursting with tourists).

plus the fact that I have to buy woolen tights today because it's FREEZING outside...

mili
mili Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:17 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
Also, I don't like the fact that there's a public-transportation strike going on in Munich (it's Octoberfest-time here and the town is bursting with tourists).

plus the fact that I have to buy woolen tights today because it's FREEZING outside...

Get on a bike!

I don't like teenagers coming to the conclusion that our street is perfect for skateboarding (there's a slight slope and some good walls). The noise they make combined with leaf machines is driving me nuts. For some reason skateboarding is really hot right now. I'd wish for snow, except when there's a lot of snow the snow plows wake us up much too early, and it would have to be below zero, and I'm not ready for that, yet (+ 7 °C now)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:21 AM Quote
mili wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

Get on a bike!

I would if it wasn't raining ;P

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:44 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Meridith, thank you - everyone on here has been so lovely :)

Andrew, is it one of those bottles in a fluffy furry cover????

haha yes. It's a little less fluffy these days because i've had it a good number of years.

i read this online and thought i'd give it a go - When starting to let your beard grow, just stop shaving -- completely. Do not shave at all for at least the first four weeks of growth. Today is the half way point and my face and neck are itching like buggery :(

mili
mili Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 1:43 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
mili wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

Get on a bike!

I would if it wasn't raining ;P

Raincoat, waterproof trousers, wellies… ;^)

I do that if I don't have to look representable at the other end.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:15 PM Quote
Ditto on the hot water bottles, it's suddenly gotton very cold in the past week. And wet, my shoes feel like buckets of water and my jeans are wet up to the knee. I'm gonna get a cold.

Also, I don't like having a crush on my only friend in my psychology class. It gets awkward when we start talking about the psychology of attraction...

Pages Previous 1...43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:46 AM