Travis

Re: Girls who swear
heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:12 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Hmm, well I just don't really 'get' swearing. At least, not when people can't make a sentence without saying "fucking" every other word. But it often feels like I'm in the minority, lol. Tsk...Fucking swear words...

LOL! i'm pretty much the same way, except when i'm playing cards (spades, hearts) for absolutely no money and all at stake are bragging rights :-D oh, and if i do, i only swear in english.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I think Dupa, Krowa and Swinia and my personal favorites. :P

what does "dupa" mean again? liam finn (crowded house neil finn's son) is in a band called "betchadupa".

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Nikki wrote:

what does "dupa" mean again? liam finn (crowded house neil finn's son) is in a band called "betchadupa".

ass
lol- what a name for the band!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
heyjude wrote:
Nikki wrote:

ass

brilliant! LOL! thanks, meg :-)

here's a really good vid. betchadupa covers split enz song "i see red" with eddie vedder and tim finn (liam's uncle).

I See Red

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

ass

I use to see this crazy outfit called the Butthole Surfers back in the day

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
I hate it when people get stuffy about swearing, my personal favourite is 'It shows you have no vocabulary!'.

Really?

No, it really doesn't, I have a very varied vocabulary, but sometimes only swearing will suffice.

I don't really pay much attention to who I'm swearing in front of, except when I'm dealing with customers at work, because that'd lose me my job. Everyone else is fair game for me and my potty mouth.

What do I think about girls swearing? If done in moderation then it's all good.

Summary. Swearing's fine as long as you're not a prick about it.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:07 AM Quote
I still wanna know why the 'C' word is offensive to women when they have a 'C' themselves. I just don't get it and really would like to understand.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 3:55 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
heyjude wrote:
Nikki wrote:

ass

LOL! really!
I have an aunt (ciocia) named Betcha...I don't know if that's the Polish spelling...but that's how you say it.

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
i say fuck it.

:P

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
You're up early.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I have an aunt (ciocia) named Betcha...I don't know if that's the Polish spelling...but that's how you say it.

It's Becia in Polish I guess.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
Hiya Grinner,

Well personally I don't like swearing, regardless of who it is coming from. Yes I do swear the occasional time but that's normal. People who just swear for the sake of it well it was once said before that it shows a lack of intelligence. However I think it's more down to people using swear words to fill in the gaps in conversations as they don't know what else to day. Now I'm talking about EXTREME users here. For example, my brother-in-law well he swears like a trooper it's scarey. I think it's all part of a "big man" attitude mixed with nervousness mixed with a "I don't give a feck, let's shock" attitude. It really turns me off. I mean how can you have a sensible intelligent conversation with someone who is swearing??? I can't, I'd rather walk away.lol

I guess women get stick as it goes back to the day when women were supposed to be ladylike and have good manners. Now they can hardly do that while spouting of a load of swear words. It really does look bad! lol

Men, well we all know they are lower than us ladies! hee hee

Wends x

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I still wanna know why the 'C' word is offensive to women when they have a 'C' themselves. I just don't get it and really would like to understand.

Right. And you're using that female body part to show disgust towards another person. By calling someone that term it's showing you dislike them or think negatively of them. And there is nothing wrong or negative about being female and having that part! lol...does that make more sense?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Hiya Grinner,

Well personally I don't like swearing, regardless of who it is coming from. Yes I do swear the occasional time but that's normal. People who just swear for the sake of it well it was once said before that it shows a lack of intelligence. However I think it's more down to people using swear words to fill in the gaps in conversations as they don't know what else to day. Now I'm talking about EXTREME users here. For example, my brother-in-law well he swears like a trooper it's scarey. I think it's all part of a "big man" attitude mixed with nervousness mixed with a "I don't give a feck, let's shock" attitude. It really turns me off. I mean how can you have a sensible intelligent conversation with someone who is swearing??? I can't, I'd rather walk away.lol

I guess women get stick as it goes back to the day when women were supposed to be ladylike and have good manners. Now they can hardly do that while spouting of a load of swear words. It really does look bad! lol

Men, well we all know they are lower than us ladies! hee hee

Wends x

Nice to see some good old casual sexism sneaking in at the end there.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
You like you like??? lmao Hey men and women are just different and always will be. lol

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:50 AM