Travis

Re: Moon-day's blog...
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:24 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Ok, so I'm majorly excited about 'Friends' now! Someone record it in February, please! (If you're allowed that is). It will be kinda weird to hear it though, as I can't seem to get my own crappy version out of my head ;)

Please show us your version! :o)

I think this is a great idea. If anyone wants to do this they should post a video of them playing it on youtube so we can all look.

I'm tryin' Fran! I'm sitting here with my guitar at the computer with your lyrics printed out in front of me. I got the first part down...I think I'm too shy to put it on youtube!!! EKK...where's Paul_C? lol. He'll do it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Ok, so I'm majorly excited about 'Friends' now! Someone record it in February, please! (If you're allowed that is). It will be kinda weird to hear it though, as I can't seem to get my own crappy version out of my head ;)

I think this is a great idea. If anyone wants to do this they should post a video of them playing it on youtube so we can all look.

I'm tryin' Fran! I'm sitting here with my guitar at the computer with your lyrics printed out in front of me. I got the first part down...I think I'm too shy to put it on youtube!!! EKK...where's Paul_C? lol. He'll do it!

Noo! Don't be shy! I'd love to hear it!!!

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:30 AM Quote
Ah...the white board...I love an organized rock band! I'm sure you're all way to young to remember a Leslie Nielsen show from the 80's called Police Squad. The Naked Gun movies were based on it. Anyway, there was one where Elvis impersonators were being murdered and, in the end, it was the Japanese Elvis impersonator doing it. They asked him why and he said, "Because I am the most efficient Elvis!" I think you need to really remember the 80's to appreciate this one... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/d050.gif

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:31 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Ugh. It's times like this when I wish I had pick up something other than the Flute or the Tuba. Or well, whatever. How many female Tuba players do you know? Yeah... that's what I thought...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:32 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Ugh. It's times like this when I wish I had pick up something other than the Flute or the Tuba. Or well, whatever. How many female Tuba players do you know? Yeah... that's what I thought...

What about a tuba version? You can ask one of your roomates to sing it ;o)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I'll certainly do it when i get my guitar back next week. Need to work out where that capo goes though. If TBWNN is anything to go by, it's probably on 3 though ;)

I can almost hear a version in my head now as well. Weird

I've got a better idea. Fran, you put a version on youtube and stop keeping us all in suspense! haha

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 1:54 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I'll certainly do it when i get my guitar back next week. Need to work out where that capo goes though. If TBWNN is anything to go by, it's probably on 3 though ;)

I've got a better idea. Fran, you put a version on youtube and stop keeping us all in suspense! haha

Yay! Go Paul!

Weird. I have my capo on the 3rd. I think that's just normal for me though. Ok...for some reason it's hard for me to connect the "But I'm sad you're not around" part with the word "Friends" and the bit that follows. Is it like a long drawn out "frieeeeeeeeends" or is it like a "FRIENDS!" shout? LOL....I probably make no sense right now. I give up! Sorry Fran! It will be interesting to hear how much different and BETTER your version is to mine. Which has about the same chance of going up on YouTube right now as Lauren's tuba version! :P

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 2:11 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

My "Friends" bit isn't a shout, but more like an uppy-downy word

I know what i mean if no one else does... lol

Yay! Go Paul!

Weird. I have my capo on the 3rd. I think that's just normal for me though. Ok...for some reason it's hard for me to connect the "But I'm sad you're not around" part with the word "Friends" and the bit that follows. Is it like a long drawn out "frieeeeeeeeends" or is it like a "FRIENDS!" shout? LOL....I probably make no sense right now. I give up! Sorry Fran! It will be interesting to hear how much different and BETTER your version is to mine. Which has about the same chance of going up on YouTube right now as Lauren's tuba version! :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

My "Friends" bit isn't a shout, but more like an uppy-downy word

I know what i mean if no one else does... lol

Yeah...I think I get what you're saying. lol. Kinda.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 2:58 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Which has about the same chance of going up on YouTube right now as Lauren's tuba version! :P

So there's a pretty good chance... Get working Nikki!

Just kidding, I didn't pack my Sousaphone when I came to college. I've never actually owned a Sousaphone, they're like $5,000 and my high school would just loan one out to me.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:31 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I have something but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to put it on youtube..... we'll see xD

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:15 AM Quote
Oooh, now I'm really curious about the tuba version!!! That'd be so original!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:24 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
So tomorrow is going to be Mars-day, the next Mercury-day. Perhaps...
Clay sounds like a cute little boy.
I don't really mind the dentist, even after all of the work I've had to do. They give you free chap-stick :o).

What a rip-off. I've never gotten chapstick. I've got to go to the dentist in a few weeks. Maybe I'll ask for that instead of a toothbrush.

I'm very excited to hear "friends"!!!!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Well I'm no singer, nor a guitarist, but since it's you Fran, I might just post my version. Not today though as my post-Scotland cold has left me without a voice ;) If it's back tomorrow I'll have a go.

scummy
scummy Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
oh yes, very good idea :D ok, I'll try, but I have to say, I know it's a sad song, but my version of "friends" is quite happy, don't know why :P

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:08 AM