Travis

Dilemma ...
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
Okay ... tomorrow's Hogmanay, was gonna be spending it in the Aberdeen cos I'm living through here for uni and I had 2 options, either out with my uni pals or going to my cousins ... and if I was in any doubt I was going home ... I told them all I wasn't sure what I was doing and I'd probably make my mind up between Xmas and New Year ...

I texted the 2 options today askin what they were doing tomorrow night ...

first reply was "heading my mates then I don't know where after, got a litre of vodka wayhey" ...

second reply, "nae sure, think street party, then party, think its gonna be spur of the moment"

obviously am not fancying being stuck in on hogmanay on my own so I thought might as well cut my losses and head home, I don't want a heavy new year anyway cos I had a heavy Xmas and I have 4 exams to study for starting next week ...

Am I doing the right thing? Cos by the sounds of the first reply it doesn't even sound as though I'm included even tho I know the people ... eeeek! Hate this!

Re: Dilemma ...
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 10:38 PM Quote
HELP! Honestly any bit of advice is good!
I hate being in this position!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 10:47 PM Quote
cosmic wrote:

obviously am not fancying being stuck in on hogmanay on my own so I thought might as well cut my losses and head home, I don't want a heavy new year anyway cos I had a heavy Xmas and I have 4 exams to study for starting next week ...

Sounds like neither option is super appealing to you and as you said, you have a lot to do next week. I would just go home and have a quieter thing.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
Thank you!
Well its fireworks back home down by the sea?! And being at home last week went by too fast so ... it would be nice to wish everyone a happy new year back there!
Thanks millions, aye I'll be missing Travis ... but what can u do when everyone is being so vague?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 11:22 PM Quote
Sounds like you've chosen, but if one event doesnt outweigh the other, then having a quiet one sounds like a good option.

New Years is tragic anyway, always ends in disaster or mistakes lol.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:18 AM Quote
Fireworks down by the sea sounds lovely. And I agree with Grinner, New Years often ends up being a disaster. I think people build it up too much. Nothing can live up to the hype.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:19 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Fireworks down by the sea sounds lovely.

There's an ocean near Austin ?

nothing wrong with chillin

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 3:02 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I was referring to Cosmic's post where she mentions fireworks by the sea. We just got lakes and rivers.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 3:05 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I was referring to Cosmic's post where she mentions fireworks by the sea. We just got lakes and rivers.

explain to me this so called moonlight tower I've heard about ? featured in Dazed and Confused

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musebrarian/171326148/

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:06 PM