Travis

Under the Moonlight
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:33 PM Quote
this song is staring to irritate me more and more and I'm changing my mind about it. I don't think it should be on the album, it's not Travis at all. The music, I really like it's great but the lyrics are just way too obvious and cheesy ! Listening to the brilliance of One Night followed by this cheesy stuff on Under the Moonlight feels quite out of place. I think I found the 'skip song'.
Am I the only one that feels like this ? :(

Re: Under the Moonlight
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:39 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
this song is staring to irritate me more and more and I'm changing my mind about it. I don't think it should be on the album, it's not Travis at all. The music, I really like it's great but the lyrics are just way too obvious and cheesy ! Listening to the brilliance of One Night followed by this cheesy stuff on Under the Moonlight feels quite out of place. I think I found the 'skip song'.

It should be swapped with "Sailing Away".

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:41 PM Quote
yes agree as a hidden song or B-side ok

plucker
plucker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:43 PM Quote
"Under The Moonlight" is brilliant. I love it and think it's great on the album!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:45 PM Quote
I like it actually. It works ok. I am surprised it is on the album though because on that radio interview with Fran only a few months ago (when he announced name of the album and release date) he said that it wasn't on the album, so they changed their mind quite late on.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:46 PM Quote

I'm listening to it now, and I still quite like it. The melody is nice and summery, but it's not a patch on Sailing Away.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:58 PM Quote
it's not the melody that I don't like ... it's the cheesieness of the lyrics ... maybe I'm too cynical to appreciate it :-P

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
it's not the melody that I don't like ... it's the cheesieness of the lyrics ... maybe I'm too cynical to appreciate it :-P

It is a bit cheesy, aye.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:19 PM Quote
The melody is very nice. The lyrics are cheesy, predictable and have none of the meaning of a Fran/Dougie/Andy song. I mean, what's it even about? It's almost throwaway. There doesn't seem to be any particular point to it.

Think it was included because it's got a nice sound and KT Tunstall. Thing is, when it's slap bang in the middle of a proper studio album of songs written by the band, it just sounds plain wrong. People say (and I agree) TBWNN has no real atmosphere or flow, and I think UTM is a big reason for that personally.

It's a b-side or hidden track at best.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
I like how American soft rock it is.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:14 PM Quote
It is not irritating me. But yeah, I can see no point about it being in the album especially when some b-sides/bonus tracks are fairly gorgeous.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:38 PM Quote
I really like it!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 6:07 PM Quote
I like it now too... I think the album has a bit of everything , I particularly just like putting track 12 on so you have a sort of EP of what is 3 brilliant tracks together ( with a tea break in between) :)

This album is jammed solid full of great tracks , I think they flow as best as they can given some are so diverse from others.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 6:21 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

I'm not such a fan of it either. It's just a "meh" pop song. Pleasant enough, with some nice bits like Katie's backing vocals, but it doesn't exactly grip me.

thejames8
thejames8 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
Under the moonlight is probably not liked by true Travis fans as it is strictly not written by any of the band members. If you have a in the back of the cd booklet or sleeve in the vinyl LP it says "09 written by Susie Hug". Even though it still seems to fit in with TBWNN and the Travis sound.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:52 AM