Travis

christmas photos.
audrey
audrey Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
i took these last night of my living room. :D it was dark in here, but the long exposures make it look bright!
i just noticed this the other day, but i have a whole series of prints from the 70s of louisville icons... if you look at the photos above my mantle, theyre using the travis font. how crazy, right!?

anyway.
my mantle:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/2092252852_a1998b89c4_o.jpg

my tree:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2381/2091469921_51ccaefe1f_o.jpg

my tree needs something. i just cant decide what! this is the first year weve had a live tree, so i find it to be quite lovely in here. :D

lets see some xmas photos from you!

Re: christmas photos.
Monica
Monica Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 5:00 PM Quote
Nice pics! Soon I will show you mine ;)

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 5:10 PM Quote
awesome! cant wait! :D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
does having this on my wall count ?

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:53622.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:03 PM Quote
A+ for you for having striped walls! I love striped walls. We're putting our tree up on Sunday, will post pic then.

P.S. I think what your tree needs is more shiny bulbs to reflect the lights.

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
A+ for you for having striped walls! I love striped walls. We're putting our tree up on Sunday, will post pic then.

nice!

well, i have three different kinds of strands on there! im thinking it needs some cool garland. nothing too over the edge, and nothing too tacky, but something just right!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

nice!

well, i have three different kinds of strands on there! im thinking it needs some cool garland. nothing too over the edge, and nothing too tacky, but something just right!

I'm a bit...um, particular, shall we say?...about my Christmas tree. Or we could just call a spade a spade and say I'm a total nut-case about it. I don't like tacky. I don't like twinkle lights. I don't like those mylar(?) icicles. I don't like too-fluffy garland; I prefer the beaded. I like lots of shine. I like candy canes. I like sentimental ornaments that have personal meaning. I like strings of popcorn (but they take FOREVER to make and I just don't have the time anymore). I can never decide if I prefer white lights or colored. I like them both--white for a more sophisticated tree, colored to make you feel like a kid again. I have a feeling it'll be colored lights for us this year.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 7:31 PM Quote
my tree:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2381/2091469921_51ccaefe1f_o.jpg

my tree needs something. i just cant decide what! this is the first year weve had a live tree, so i find it to be quite lovely in here. :D

lets see some xmas photos from you! [/quote]

TOTALLY LOVEBY!!!!!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
aw, lovely christmas pics!! Haven't got our tree yet but I'll take a pic as soon as it's dressed and ready!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
Audrey, I really like the pic of your mantle, but it makes me feel so behind on Christmas decorating AND shopping! I see you already have a whole stack of gifts wrapped!

Kayte, my mom and I are also really particular about how we decorate the tree! Ours is always really fancy with white and purple lights. I'll post a pic once we get it finished.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:34 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

nice!

Oh dear, you're trying to make your Christmas tree look tasteful? You need lots more tinsel and probably some cheap plastic decorations to make it far more tacky!

On a more real note, your decorations are great! I love the fireplace and the branches and stuff.

The Christmas lights are being turned on tonight in the village where I live. Naturally it's blowing a gale, so they'll probably all fall down, but it should be good anyway!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:36 PM Quote
audrey wrote:

my tree needs something. i just cant decide what!

Presents

;)

audrey
audrey Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
audrey wrote:

my tree needs something. i just cant decide what!

Presents

;)

hahaha oh i have them. trust me. i was finished shopping in NOVEMEBER. if you look at the mantle photo to the right, theyre right beside the couch. :P

audrey
audrey Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:40 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
audrey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

nice!

Oh dear, you're trying to make your Christmas tree look tasteful? You need lots more tinsel and probably some cheap plastic decorations to make it far more tacky!

On a more real note, your decorations are great! I love the fireplace and the branches and stuff.

The Christmas lights are being turned on tonight in the village where I live. Naturally it's blowing a gale, so they'll probably all fall down, but it should be good anyway!

ahaaha!!!!!!!!! well, tacky has been the name of the game for years now. my boyfriend and i had the classic charlie brown christmas tree. only 20 dollars and totally crap. we always had the tackiest ornaments because we really wanted to relish in the fact that our tree was shit.

now weve upgraded. :D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:46 PM Quote
Audrey , I like your floors

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:33 AM