Travis

Re: How did you discover Travis?
Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 10:21 AM Quote
U16 Girls was on Shine 8, the 8th in a series of Indie/Britpop albums that came out in the mid-late 90's, I think they stopped at 10 or something.

Anyway, yeah, I bought Good Feeling on the back of that song and the rest is history.

Selfish-Matthew
Selfish-Matthew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:02 AM Quote
I was in school and eveyone was raving mad about this band, had a listen to The Man Who on someones cd player (shamefully can't remember who) and was just taken away. Its funny now that I was one of the last to catch on in 1999 and I'm one of the few who didn't fall away!

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:08 AM Quote
Umm...I heard Writing to Reach You on 'ASDA radio' while in the queue to pay with my mum and dad. Classy.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:33 AM Quote
About 8 years ago I saw Travis on MTV and me daughter pointed out that they were from Glasgow. As an expat Glaswegian I was interested of course. Shortly after that we saw Travis on Storytellers and hearing Franny talk openend the flood gates of home sickness, we both started to cry. Since then Travis and their music represent all that's dear to me.... Scotland, Glasgow and a feeling of belonging.
weird maybe.... but that's the way it is :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:43 AM Quote
Nothing too amazing. I just heard them on the radio etc.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:07 PM Quote
I heard Writing To Reach you on the radio and I instantly fell in love!

bribraun85
bribraun85 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:18 PM Quote
I saw them back in .. oh crap... a long time ago.. when they was on tour with DIDO. They opened for her.. can anyone tell me how long ago this was.. i can't even remember.. they don't come to canada NEAR ENOUGH.. and i can't believe its been like three years since they've been here.. and 4 years since an album... Last time they were here i met them, and they signed my cd! it was so exciting. i love them <3

bribraun85
bribraun85 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:22 PM Quote
2001! which seems so long ago... *tear*

vinnywalsh
vinnywalsh Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:51 PM Quote
I heard of them through my slightly-Travis-obsessed sister Hannah :D

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:53 PM Quote
I heard WDIAROM on the radio a few mornings in a row before school. I think I must have been about 13 / 14.

I bought the Man Who Album that christmas and the rest is history.

I then got bargain of the century when I bought the Invisible Band in Woolworths a few years later. I bought the Invisible Band and got Good Feeling for Free!

Its quite cool in a way but most of the biggish milestones in my life so far have been marked by a Travis album.

i.e. finishing school was marked by Invisible Band, College by 12 Memories and now my final year in uni by the TBWNN.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:03 PM Quote
1999 I was starting University and went to my first Spanish lesson. Met a girl there who kept singing Travis songs and I kept hearing them on the radio. Loved WDIAROM and sing so decided I best buy the album - and my love grew! lol

Elein
Elein Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:36 PM Quote
Saw the famous sing-food-fight at Top of the pops. Everlasting love since:)

Nattasha
Nattasha Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:52 PM Quote
on the radio.... (like most of you...)

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:02 PM Quote
I was sitting in a car, responsible (as comfortable-seated front seat passenger) for the entertainment of the other 4 people and found this CD (The Man Who) in the bag of a friend. Put it in the CD player. Fell in love at once. That was only in 2000, I'm afraid to say...

plucker
plucker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:20 PM Quote
The first time I heard of Travis was when I saw the video for AIWDIR on MuchMusic's The Wedge back in 1997. I remember thinking, what is going on in this video?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:15 AM