Travis

How did you become a Travis fan?
Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:23 AM Quote
Hi, first time posting a new message.. ^^; Sorry if there's already a thread like this, but I couldn't find any.. I thought it would be fun to tell how we all came to love Travis. :)

My name is Michelle and I discovered Travis from the Garden State movie trailer over a year and a half ago. I looked them up on iTunes, downloaded Sing, WDIAROM?, and of course Love Will Come Through. I began listening to more of their songs and I became hooked. I became really hooked when I bought their Singles DVD. *Love* ^_^

Now I love Travis to bits, and I hope they will release another DVD soon. :D Seeing them live has made up the happiest moments of my life. <3 I am very grateful for Travis. ;D

How about you? :)

Re: How did you become a Travis fan?
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:29 AM Quote
There have been threads like this in the past, but it is always nice to hear again and for new people to join in. Hello. And I just had to reply to this because I discovered them in the exact same way! Thank goodness for Zach Braff and his Garden State trailer. After I heard the trailer I went out and bought 12 Memories and enjoyed it. I did not become a hardcore fan until The Boy came out. So i'm relatively new here too. Now I absolutely love them and they are my favorite band-and it grew stronger seeing them live for the first time last week!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:40 AM Quote
Welcome Michelle!

I'm not sure if I ever told my story...I think I was just lurking before when there were threads with this topic.

I became a fan when The Man Who came out. My husband had heard WDIAROM and brought the cd home one day. I've been a fan ever since. :)

Isn't seeing them live great?!

Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:41 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
There have been threads like this in the past, but it is always nice to hear again and for new people to join in. Hello. And I just had to reply to this because I discovered them in the exact same way! Thank goodness for Zach Braff and his Garden State trailer. After I heard the trailer I went out and bought 12 Memories and enjoyed it. I did not become a hardcore fan until The Boy came out. So i'm relatively new here too. Now I absolutely love them and they are my favorite band-and it grew stronger seeing them live for the first time last week!

Oops! Sorry, I haven't been on the boards much.. I have been busy with college, and I'm just starting to post after enjoying two Travis shows last week. ^^;

That is so cool! Yay, I'm glad I watched the trailer and discovered the music of Travis! :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:49 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

I've answered this question many a time. Glad to see Lindsey got here first, so I can just say... ditto. But I didn't become hardcore until I went to their show. It was completely by chance. This one guy I knew needed to get rid of his tickets, so I got two for 25 dollars (take that ticketbastard!). I really don't believe in destiny or fate, but I really think something bigger was at work here.

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 7:40 AM Quote
I think it was in 2000 when I was listening on MTV (yep, listening, not watching) WDIAROM? and I thought "Wow, excellent lyric and music" then I was fascinated watching the video

Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 7:42 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Welcome Michelle!

I'm not sure if I ever told my story...I think I was just lurking before when there were threads with this topic.

I became a fan when The Man Who came out. My husband had heard WDIAROM and brought the cd home one day. I've been a fan ever since. :)

Isn't seeing them live great?!

Thank you! :D

Aww, The Man Who is a wonderful album!! ^_^

Seeing them live is the best experience ever!! ;)

Thanks everyone for replying! How can you not love Travis after seeing them live? XD

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 9:16 AM Quote
... when i saw them perform "the beautiful occupation" at the mtv music awards 2003 (on tv). =)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 10:33 AM Quote
I guess I've told the story a few times ... here it is again

funny enough it's Fran speaking not singing that has done it for me. saw them on VH1 storyteller in 2000 and on hearing Fran and Dougie speak I burst out in tears (I'm a homesick Glaswegian living in Switzerland). what followed is still inexplicable to me.. never in my life have I been moved so much by a band or artist before. Travis music goes straight to my soul, it's my life line :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 12:45 PM Quote
heard them on KALX 90.7 FM around the time of the 2nd LP and dug it , missed a few free shows but one of my fav live bands

nuriko_insane
nuriko_insane Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
I've heard them in the radio 102.3 Aspen. It wasn't 'Sing', but 'Walking in the sun', and then 'Love will come trough' and 'The Beautiful occupation'. And it's strange that even when I don't have any of their cd's, I knew most of the songs thanks to this fantastic radio...

Be happy .n_n

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
Well, I really liked all of their videos. It started with Sing (which was their "massive hit" here), Side, Flowers In The Window, etc, etc. I loooved their singles and their videos. So one time I think it was in 2004? I decided I really wanted to have those songs and bought Singles as an early christmas auto-present (it had been a rough year for me so it was a treat).
So I fell in love with all of the songs there and then I just couldn't stop :o)

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:39 PM Quote
A coworker of mine had WDIAROM in her iTunes under Coldplay. (The blasphemy I know!) Everytime I listened to it I thought, that's not Coldplay but never got around to looking it up. Finally I heard it at MinnesotaMary's house and asked her who sang it. She said Travis. Let me listen to more of their songs and then we went to see them at First Ave in Minneapolis and it was downhill from there.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 4:09 PM Quote
I was sleeping over at my best friend's house back in high school and she told me she borrowed a new CD from another friend at school by a band called Travis. We spent all night listening to The Man Who, reading the lyrics and swooning, lol. I fell in love with it so much that I asked her if I could borrow the CD. I listened to it non-stop for weeks (never gave it back...oops!) and then bought Good Feeling. :D The rest is Travis history...

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
That's easy: One of my best friends was Travis fan and when we watched Live 8 I asked her if she could give me anything from this band. She borrowed me the "Singles"-Disc and I nearly cracked over! It was like: "Wow, that's it! I finally got it!" So she gave me the other discs to listen to and so I started to grow Travis fan more and more, day by day. Then, one day, I opened up the newspaper and screamed loud (and it was in the train!) because they said that Travis would come to Zurich!
And now, after the amazing concert and after I met them, I'm not a fan anymore, now I adore them!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:05 PM