Travis

Tribute to a nation
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 3:41 PM Quote
Tributes are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.
Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living
room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees.

"It seems he may have been showing his bare búttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm.
"He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.

Re: Tribute to a nation
Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:12 PM Quote
Googlefight!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
That is seriously funny. And I'm English :)
Still, self-depreciation is a typical English trait. Shame we don't make it a tiny bit harder to do so though :P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:26 AM Quote
LOL awww Gladly you're soo cruel ! hehehehehe

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:29 AM Quote
Now that's just mean, LOL

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 12:46 PM Quote
Ha ha, my brother is glad he put a bet on for Croatia to win, i've just picked up the winnings £40...that pays for the Kaiser Chiefs tickets for next friday :D

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:52 PM Quote
thats feckin excellent Gladser

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:20 PM