Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:33 PM Quote
We wanted to celebrate Andrew Monkey's birthday a few weeks early. I don't know how to begin to explain it but there is a long standing joke involving boobs. He, as a male, likes them. I, as an insane person, thinks it's funny to say the word.

After many discussions on how best to make a birthday treat involving boobs we settled on Kayte making cupcakes, tinting the frosting on two of them flesh colored and at the last minute I would add the nips. I also brought a hat I make my kids wear on their birthday.

After dinner on Friday Kayte got the cupcakes from the hotel and brought them to the karaoke bar where I quickly used some pink icing gel to make some nips. I then got the DJ to announce his birthday, threw the hat on him, and we surprised him with the cupcakes. Thankfully he got right away what they were and a few of us had a cupcake (delicious by the way). I even shared some with some folks at the table next to us and the doorman.

First pic you can see the treats and second gives you more a flavor of the evening.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2932/118/23/637817678/n637817678_1498199_1194370.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3206_1154343856833_1174790626_448794_576386_n.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:37 PM Quote
more pics

th74
th74 Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:40 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I was very impressed with Meridith's pogoing skills during WDIAROM. She consistently jumped probably a good head or so higher than everyone else. Granted she is on the taller side but still. Later she said she thinks it's all her ballet training.

Your parents must be so proud you're getting good use out of all those lessons!

Aww thank you Anne. I think my parents are very proud indeed. I was too tall to ever do anything with my ballet training, but it brings great comfort to me that I can use those skills at Travis shows. And Kristy, I didn't notice if you did jump on my feet. So if you did, no worries there! I did land on Jared's feet a few times though. He has forgiven me.

Oh and if some of you haven't looked yet, I uploaded a bunch of photos to the tour archive section for the Chicago show. Those and a bunch others are going into the photobucket account today.

I love and hate pogoing. I love to pogo, but it seems like I suffer bodily damage each time. The woman behind me tried taking me out last Friday. She kept landing on me and pushing me into the stage. My ribs hurt. I think she was jealous I was in the front row standing in front of Fran.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Andrew, I'm very sorry you were not able to take your giant salad home with you.

hahaha, those things were HUGE!

Hahahaha, i was eating a salad at lunch yesterday and was sad it was all normal portion sized.
Im convinced that is going to be Andy's most prominant memories of America: giant salads.

that, the funny money and Dusty McNugget!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
We wanted to celebrate Andrew Monkey's birthday a few weeks early. I don't know how to begin to explain it but there is a long standing joke involving boobs. He, as a male, likes them. I, as an insane person, thinks it's funny to say the word.

After many discussions on how best to make a birthday treat involving boobs we settled on Kayte making cupcakes, tinting the frosting on two of them flesh colored and at the last minute I would add the nips. I also brought a hat I make my kids wear on their birthday.

After dinner on Friday Kayte got the cupcakes from the hotel and brought them to the karaoke bar where I quickly used some pink icing gel to make some nips. I then got the DJ to announce his birthday, threw the hat on him, and we surprised him with the cupcakes. Thankfully he got right away what they were and a few of us had a cupcake (delicious by the way). I even shared some with some folks at the table next to us and the doorman.

First pic you can see the treats and second gives you more a flavor of the evening.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2932/118/23/637817678/n637817678_1498199_1194370.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3206_1154343856833_1174790626_448794_576386_n.jpg

LOL BRILLIANT!! you guys are great!

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

After dinner on Friday Kayte got the cupcakes from the hotel and brought them to the karaoke bar where I quickly used some pink icing gel to make some nips. I then got the DJ to announce his birthday, threw the hat on him, and we surprised him with the cupcakes. Thankfully he got right away what they were and a few of us had a cupcake (delicious by the way).I even shared some with some folks at the table next to us and the doorman.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC013.jpg

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
I just had to run into the other room I started laughing so hard. I'm so thrilled you got such a clear great shot of that dude.

He enjoyed, and as you can see really enjoyed, the other boob cupcake.

It's almost gruesome.

Edit: especially with his devil red eyes.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 4:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just had to run into the other room I started laughing so hard. I'm so thrilled you got such a clear great shot of that dude.

It's almost gruesome.

that guy had me laughing so hard on friday night, it wouldn't be fair for him not to get a mention :)

(i think it was Kristy who took the pic)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 4:36 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

It's almost gruesome.

that guy had me laughing so hard on friday night, it wouldn't be fair for him not to get a mention :)

(i think it was Kristy who took the pic)

I AM CRYING I AM LAUGHING SO HARD!
When I saw Anne's story I thought that I would have to link to the pic in photobucket (yes it is mine) and then I scroll down and see it.
Poor Andrew. As soon as it started he looked around and all he saw was everyone pointing cameras at him.
He was so weird. Good thing we didnt give a cupcake to the Dusty McNugget guy.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 5:32 PM Quote
Oh dear, I'm crying too! The pic's priceless!!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
Guys, it seems you had so much fun! The pics are class ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
I cant wait until we post the entire album! Guys, it iS HUGE. there are so many pics.
Im going through and putting my name in the title of the ones I took and its taking forever because I took too many and am bad at deleting. They looked better on my camera. There is a lot of background noise in them. Bummer. But still awesome.

Andy look!
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/_MG_0807.jpg?t=1240333013

Sandy got it!!
Andy got a leg cramp, and I wanted gum so we went for a walk to the corner and Dougie and Andy walked by so we had a little chat. hehehehe. Okay, Im all giggly thinking about it. Andy Monkey got Andy D to add As You Are.
Best. Leg cramp. Ever.

P.S- My over excitment comes from the fact that I didnt think there was a pic of this since cars kept going by. Nikki has a funny one where you can see Andy D waving through a car window as it drove by when we were talking. Also, cars ruined our shots of Frans bum as he was pulling something out of luggage storage on the bus. Sandy, would you like to share your Fran bum story?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 5:59 PM Quote
I am not going to complain at all because it was a wonderful thing that I got to go away for 4 days and I appreciate my husband and mother for allowing me to go and have fun.

HOWEVER, it looks like a group of wild chimps partied at my house for a month. This place is such a sty. Clothes left wherever they were taken off. Dishwasher was run, but things were put back in weird spots. Every utensil I look for is a new adventure.

Children are clean and fed and happy. I guess that's all that matters. But golly gosh darn diggity doo, what a mess. It's worse than Room 404 at City Suites. ;o)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 5:59 PM Quote
Don't delete anything - we want the lot (warts and all, LOL!!!) That looked like one hell of a birthday party for Andrew monkey. Kayte, I take it the kids don't get those "special" cupcakes??!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
But golly gosh darn diggity doo, what a mess. It's worse than Room 404 at City Suites. ;o)

Hahaha, I have no idea what lovely children stayed in that room!

Was it FT?

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC436.jpg?t=1240333878
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC440.jpg?t=1240333946

Pages Previous 1...84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:08 AM