Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:22 PM Quote
I can't believe that you've been planning the ABC now since Nov 2007!!!
Such a long wait but SO WORTH IT by the sound of things, hehe.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:25 PM Quote
Looks like the BBC will be as long in the making as the ABC.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:36 PM Quote
"BBC" - I like it!!! It does sound "terribly British" haha.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
"BBC" - I like it!!! It does sound "terribly British" haha.

True but one of the big national stations here is ABC so it's fitting.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

And Lizzie I don't remember the exact time but it was for sure after midnight maybe even closer to 1. I totally lost track of time especially after the Dusty McNugget dude.

I wish I had seen you. I don't really know what you look like but I was hoping you'd spot one of us and say hi.

Oh, yeah, we def wouldn't have made our train if we waited!
Um, yeah... we were the loud obnoxious group a few ppl behind you in line. I had the best intentions of coming over to say hi, but once we were there I was just having too much fun w/ my friends and got distracted. It was also kinda awkward cuz you all had been hanging out all weekend and I woulda felt like an intruder, but now that sounds dumb and I REALLY wish I had met you guys! Like, when is everyone gonna be in the same place again? Meh, I suppose there will just have to be another convention...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 5:00 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

And Lizzie I don't remember the exact time but it was for sure after midnight maybe even closer to 1. I totally lost track of time especially after the Dusty McNugget dude.

I wish I had seen you. I don't really know what you look like but I was hoping you'd spot one of us and say hi.

Oh, yeah, we def wouldn't have made our train if we waited!
Um, yeah... we were the loud obnoxious group a few ppl behind you in line. I had the best intentions of coming over to say hi, but once we were there I was just having too much fun w/ my friends and got distracted. It was also kinda awkward cuz you all had been hanging out all weekend and I woulda felt like an intruder, but now that sounds dumb and I REALLY wish I had met you guys! Like, when is everyone gonna be in the same place again? Meh, I suppose there will just have to be another convention...

Awww I really wish you had. Everyone would have been happy to see you. A girl in front of us turned out to be someone who posts occasionally so that was cool.

Yeah the sad truth is it probably will be awhile. I am confident it will happen again on the next tour but who the heck knows what that will be.

I take comfort knowing I'll most likely be seeing Kayte and Nikki (and maybe a few others) in June when I go up to Detroit.

But the others... : (

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 5:59 PM Quote
Oh wow, those photos are amazing.....it's so nice to see you all and put faces to names:)

The pictures you have posted so far you you with the lads are great. I am so chuffed that you got to meet them and that you all had such fun together. Anne, I love the fact that you asked Dougie to do Karaoke....that is great. And like you say, even though he couldn't do it, you could tell he was up for it.....HOW COOL IS THAT!???!

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think that people have found some amazing friendships on here and all because we like the same band. It's lovely. Roll on the BBC!!!!!!

Please keep the pictures coming, it's great hearing all about your adventure xx

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
I was very impressed with Meridith's pogoing skills during WDIAROM. She consistently jumped probably a good head or so higher than everyone else. Granted she is on the taller side but still. Later she said she thinks it's all her ballet training.

Your parents must be so proud you're getting good use out of all those lessons!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:05 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I was very impressed with Meridith's pogoing skills during WDIAROM. She consistently jumped probably a good head or so higher than everyone else. Granted she is on the taller side but still. Later she said she thinks it's all her ballet training.

Your parents must be so proud you're getting good use out of all those lessons!

Extra impressive because I was infront of her, and Im pretty sure I kept landing on her feet. Sorry Mer!
Also, girls, long necklaces are not good when pogoing. You have to hold them down so that they dont fly.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:05 PM Quote
Those pics got a few smiles out of me, thanks!
I'm feeling kind of pathetic, sitting in front of the screen and having a taste of what appears to have been a terrific weekend...
*The ones with Andy and FT, I'm speechless...and you got Neil, well done!
*The J.Smith sign, so cool you found it at the same time you were there to see the guys!
On a side note,
*karaoke with Dougie would've made a hell of an anecdote!
*I'm quite tall and usually in pogoes my head is always above all others, it's such a great feeling to lift the feet off the ground...thumbs up to the ballerina!

Ok, I'm using too many exclamation marks. A little over-excited, perhaps? Sorry...I'm waiting for my turn :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u192/SamuraiSandy_pics/IMG_0963.jpg

Shite...sorry it's so big! Fran Sang "20" at the "?" on number 21.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:11 PM Quote
No it's good that it's so big. That must be put in your wedding/engagement album.

I'm not surprised since Andrew is a gentleman but I thought it was great that he gave it to you.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:12 PM Quote
^ "Here the work begins" :D
Aww, can't get enough! The best souvenir ever...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:21 PM Quote
Oh they did the Side/Eyes Wide Open combo! :D

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
That's one hell of a setlist!! More Than Us, Blue flashing Light and 20 *swoon*
It's lovely that the proposal appears in the list (such an important part of the evening) :-)

Pages Previous 1...81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:23 PM