Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
YAAAAAY!!! It's getting so close! I know I barely post on here anymore, but I'm super excited that y'all decided to come to Chicago. I'm gonna be w/ my own group of friends, but hopefully I will see you all. What time are you guys thinking of lining up? I checked the weather and so far it says a high of low 70s, mostly cloudy, only 20% precipitation... gorgeous weather considering what it's been like here lately!

It'll be fun to meet you Lizzie. I am not sure of the exact time we'll be lining up but definitely on the early side since we are determined to be in the front row.

Yeah, we wanna get there early too, it just depends on how long our lunch/dinner takes (Giordano's pizzas take 35-40 mins to make hehe). Last time we got jipped cuz they separate the guys and girls for security, and since there are more girls, all these guys got to cut and then saved spaces up front for their girlfriends. Luckily this time we've convinced my husband to come, but I'm not so sure he will be able to stake out a space big enough for 5 ppl!! haha!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Last time we got jipped cuz they separate the guys and girls for security, and since there are more girls, all these guys got to cut and then saved spaces up front for their girlfriends. Luckily this time we've convinced my husband to come, but I'm not so sure he will be able to stake out a space big enough for 5 ppl!! haha!

That's crap. I hope we don't encounter this.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
YAAAAAY!!! It's getting so close! I know I barely post on here anymore, but I'm super excited that y'all decided to come to Chicago. I'm gonna be w/ my own group of friends, but hopefully I will see you all. What time are you guys thinking of lining up? I checked the weather and so far it says a high of low 70s, mostly cloudy, only 20% precipitation... gorgeous weather considering what it's been like here lately!

Jeez how intense are these security checks? Ive never had anything more than a glace in my purse.

whoops. Pretend I quotes Lizzie's other comment and that will make more sense.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 6:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Jeez how intense are these security checks? Ive never had anything more than a glace in my purse.

haha! That's pretty much all it is. I think you MIGHT have to go thru a metal detector, or the wand thing. they just separate you in case they DO have to do a "pat down" then you've already got a same-sex security person. And since guys don't carry purses, their line goes faster.
NOTE TO FEMALES: please bring simple, unstuffed purses and make the line faster for the rest of us! haha! there's always one girl who carries a duffel-sized bag full of crap that holds the line up.

;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:09 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
minnmess wrote:

haha! That's pretty much all it is. I think you MIGHT have to go thru a metal detector, or the wand thing. they just separate you in case they DO have to do a "pat down" then you've already got a same-sex security person. And since guys don't carry purses, their line goes faster.
NOTE TO FEMALES: please bring simple, unstuffed purses and make the line faster for the rest of us! haha! there's always one girl who carries a duffel-sized bag full of crap that holds the line up.

;)

Blame Nikki, she is making me carry her stuff. :P

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

As long as she doesn't make you carry any sharp or suspicious looking objects.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I dont know. That one is always suspicious.
"I know, we'll give all of our dangerous stuff to the poor innocent Canadian girl! MWA HA HA!"

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
I haven't had the opportunity to shriek yet today.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
For the past 2 weeks, Cleveland HOB has been selling Travis tickets 2 for 1. Now they are trying to sell them in 4 packs. We may have a very intimate show indeed.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 7:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
For the past 2 weeks, Cleveland HOB has been selling Travis tickets 2 for 1. Now they are trying to sell them in 4 packs. We may have a very intimate show indeed.

that is the most depressing thing I have ever heard.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I dont know. That one is always suspicious.
"I know, we'll give all of our dangerous stuff to the poor innocent Canadian girl! MWA HA HA!"

I love that for the past two days I've been told I will stab someone, I'm sneaky, suspicious and Charles Manson. Love you guys too. :) LOL!

Lizzie, thanks for the info. Hope we get to see you there! Where exactly is that deep-dish pizza place you speak of? I was told by a co-worker it's the best and we have to go there.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 8:56 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Lizzie, thanks for the info. Hope we get to see you there! Where exactly is that deep-dish pizza place you speak of? I was told by a co-worker it's the best and we have to go there.

Giordano's!!! I personally think it is the best deep-dish restaurant in Chicago. Other ppl like Lou Malnatti's or Gino's East, but I think Giordano's has a better crust than they do. Um here is a list of locations . The one on Belmont is actually like 2 blocks from the Vic. That's where my group will be eating before the big event!

xokikixo
xokikixo Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 9:13 PM Quote
omb i love giordanos! unfortunatly they dont have one nearby where i live so the closest one is in wheeling lol

th74
th74 Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

They sold out their show here in MN! I hope all ABC attendees have fun!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Giordano's!!! I personally think it is the best deep-dish restaurant in Chicago. Other ppl like Lou Malnatti's or Gino's East, but I think Giordano's has a better crust than they do. Um here is a list of locations . The one on Belmont is actually like 2 blocks from the Vic. That's where my group will be eating before the big event!

Two blocks from the Vic? Awesomes. Maybe we will see you there! :)

Pages Previous 1...73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:16 AM