Travis

Re: What do you know or like about Mexico?
pablob
pablob Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 6:19 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
No one else know or like something about Mexico?
Please keep posting =).

Hi, I've been to Mexico twice (both for vacation) so my opinion is based on my experience there.

Favorite city: Mérida (Lovely, well organized, met great people there)
Favorite beach: Puerto Escondido (I was this close to forget everything and rent a room to live there foreveeeeer)
Favorite building: Palacio de Bellas Artes, Ciudad de México (Simply beautiful)
Favorite "colonia": Coyoacán (Exciting in so many ways)

Bad experiences: mmmmmmm.... don't know, maybe Oaxaca, sorry, but I didn't like that city that much. Also prices in Cozumel, much more expensive than in the rest of the country.

Anyway, I really liked Mexico and I'd love to go back.

By the way, you're invited to Chile whenever you want to.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:05 PM Quote
I liked Hugo..... Sánchez! (Not Chavez, Abs, haha)
I remember he played for Real Madrid a loooog time ago, with "la quinta del Buitre", with Butragueño, Chendo, Sanchís, Michel etc..

The way he celebrated whenever he scored a goal was very cool. Don´t know what he´s doing right now... I recall he was also a dentist so... but i´m not sure

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Joana wrote:
And by the way, what do you, mexican people, think of your traditionals "mariachi"?
They are absolutely great arent't they?
I always wanted a poncho!!lol

Yeah, our "mariachis" rules!!! You must see and listen some real "mariachis" but for that you need to come to Mexico, have you ever been 'round here? And in that way you can have your poncho as well =).

No!Unfortunately I never been to Mexico!!
I hope to go there one day...Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cancún...what do you suggest?
Y asi puedo tener mi poncho y mi sombrero!hehe

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:20 PM Quote
tonybony wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
tonybony wrote:
...alma no te han dicho nada sobre el indio q duerme recargado en un nopal?? (clásica imágen del mexicano) jeje y cuando hablan del acento, supongo q es el acento chilango no? porque todos los acentos son graciosos, los de la costa, los del norte jaja ooh ay tanto de q hablar de mexico, jeje. CHEERS

No. no me han dicho nada acerca de nuestro amigo el indio, como te habras dado cuenta, creo que nadie lo conoce o tienen miedo de hablar de él, jeje. Estoy de acuerdo contigo, todos los acentos en México son graciosos. Hay tanto que decir sobre México, pues ándale di algo, jaja. =P

Por cierto, feliz cumpleaños!!! Si no me olvidé del de Dougie menos del tuyo, jajaja =).

gracias alma :)!!! I´m mexican and i don´t sleep beside a cactus, jajaja Cheers*

hahaha!!, a mi me ha pasado con un par de españoles, me preguntaban sobre cómo usar el molcajete y no me creian que nunca he usado uno.
También estaban sorprendidos de que hay internet aqui

Ahora bien... no se si estaban en su plan mamón o en verdad no sabian

anace
anace Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 5:22 AM Quote
A una amiga le pasó eso en Francia.. no le creían que teniamos computadoras! =/

pixiedixie wrote:
I remember he played for Real Madrid a loooog time ago, with "la quinta del Buitre", with Butragueño, Chendo, Sanchís, Michel etc..

The way he celebrated whenever he scored a goal was very cool. Don´t know what he´s doing right now... I recall he was also a dentist so... but i´m not sure

Awww Hugo! The public opinion is kinda divided about him I guess because he is the manager of our national football (or soccer =/ ) team. Maybe he hasn't been that great, but I like him better than the previous one.

Everybody visits the south, why don't you travel to the north? Um well, it isn't perhaps the most traditional tourist destination, but we have good stuff, specially in Monterey *wink*

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:09 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I hear theres alot of TRAVIS fans there

Not alot but we're very enthusiasts and we scream very loud, so this way everyone may think we're a lots of people =P

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:22 AM Quote
anace wrote:
A una amiga le pasó eso en Francia.. no le creían que teniamos computadoras! =/

y seguramente creian que tu amiga viajó en barco o algo asi hahaha

yo tengo una amiga (de hecho es de mis mejores amigas), ella es alemana pero vive en España desde hace bastantes años, y sufre de discriminación, se burlan de ella porque, apesar de hablar y escribir un perfecto español, le critican su acento alemán, su altura, su tez, su cabello, sus ojos, todo en sí, y también le critican su amor por México, pero ella me ha dicho que en muchas cosas (muchísimas) le gusta infinitamente más México que España, pero bueno, ese es otro tema, y además es su punto de vista

Para los que estaban hablando de Chabelo, vi en la televisión, que le dieron un reconocimiento por su laaaarga trayectoria, hehehehe

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:35 AM Quote
pablob wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
No one else know or like something about Mexico?
Please keep posting =).

Hi, I've been to Mexico twice (both for vacation) so my opinion is based on my experience there.

Favorite city: Mérida (Lovely, well organized, met great people there)
Favorite beach: Puerto Escondido (I was this close to forget everything and rent a room to live there foreveeeeer)
Favorite building: Palacio de Bellas Artes, Ciudad de México (Simply beautiful)
Favorite "colonia": Coyoacán (Exciting in so many ways)

Bad experiences: mmmmmmm.... don't know, maybe Oaxaca, sorry, but I didn't like that city that much. Also prices in Cozumel, much more expensive than in the rest of the country.

Anyway, I really liked Mexico and I'd love to go back.

By the way, you're invited to Chile whenever you want to.

Hey!

If you've been here in Mexico twice you need to come back again!!! =P

Yeah, Mérida it's a great city!
All the beaches are beautiful and one of the most beautiful is Puerto Escondido, good choice!
Palacio de Bellas Artes is a wonderful building, even though is sinking a little bit every year. I live in Mexico City and it doesn't matter how many times i've seen it, every time I see it again impresses me more and more.
Coyocán it's such a beautiful "colonia", it looks like a little town, and the best part is that I live very near to it and I used to study a few blocks from there, so I go there ver often.

That's ok you didn't like Oaxaca but at least you like Puerto Escondido. Yes, Cozumel and Cancún are way too much expensive beaches, so don't go there very often, there are some other beaches beautiful as well and not that expensive. You should go to Manzanillo, Colima, very nice place.

Yes, come back! You're always welcome to vist us! =)

Thank you sooo much, I'd really like to go to Chile, you're very nice.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:47 AM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:

I love Hugo Sanchez, not Chavez, hahaha.
Yes, he played for Real Madrid and I remember Butragueño and Michel, very good soccer players. Butragueño played in Mexico for Puebla, but this was a long time ago.
Hugo used to play for my fav team Pumas and a few years ago he was the coach, so that's why I love him =P.

Yeah, that celebration is unique! Luv it! He's a dentist too, you're right. But right now he's the coach of our national soccer team, we wait to see if he can make the guys play well, haha.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:55 AM Quote
Joana wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Joana wrote:
And by the way, what do you, mexican people, think of your traditionals "mariachi"?
They are absolutely great arent't they?
I always wanted a poncho!!lol

Yeah, our "mariachis" rules!!! You must see and listen some real "mariachis" but for that you need to come to Mexico, have you ever been 'round here? And in that way you can have your poncho as well =).

No!Unfortunately I never been to Mexico!!
I hope to go there one day...Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cancún...what do you suggest?
Y asi puedo tener mi poncho y mi sombrero!hehe

Then you must come here!!! XD
It depends on what you wanna see. Want to see the city? Or want to take a tan? Anyway you should come to Mexico City and maybe a beach like Puerto Escondido or Manzanillo, but Cancún not 'cos it's very expensive and there are some other beaches just as beautiful as Cancun and not that expensive =).
Sí, poncho y sombrero! =P.

tonybony
tonybony Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 7:00 AM Quote
odio a chabelo, odio a chespirito y las telenovelas, maldita telebasura...(no se ofendan, solo no me gustan).
Oh como es triste ver extranjeros comiendo en Mc donalds!!! taaanta comida y tan buena y prefieren comer lo mismo q comen en su país. Saludos :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 7:00 AM Quote
Xgirl wrote:
tonybony wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
tonybony wrote:
...alma no te han dicho nada sobre el indio q duerme recargado en un nopal?? (clásica imágen del mexicano) jeje y cuando hablan del acento, supongo q es el acento chilango no? porque todos los acentos son graciosos, los de la costa, los del norte jaja ooh ay tanto de q hablar de mexico, jeje. CHEERS

No. no me han dicho nada acerca de nuestro amigo el indio, como te habras dado cuenta, creo que nadie lo conoce o tienen miedo de hablar de él, jeje. Estoy de acuerdo contigo, todos los acentos en México son graciosos. Hay tanto que decir sobre México, pues ándale di algo, jaja. =P

Por cierto, feliz cumpleaños!!! Si no me olvidé del de Dougie menos del tuyo, jajaja =).

gracias alma :)!!! I´m mexican and i don´t sleep beside a cactus, jajaja Cheers*

hahaha!!, a mi me ha pasado con un par de españoles, me preguntaban sobre cómo usar el molcajete y no me creian que nunca he usado uno.
También estaban sorprendidos de que hay internet aqui

Ahora bien... no se si estaban en su plan mamón o en verdad no sabian

Algunos piensan que andamos vestidos de charros y de chinas poblanas, creen que somos una civilización subdesarrollada, pero la verdad es que están super tontos. Dije algunos, no todos.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 7:02 AM Quote
Quote:

Para los que estaban hablando de Chabelo, vi en la televisión, que le dieron un reconocimiento por su laaaarga trayectoria, hehehehe

Pues es que se lo merece, no? JAJAJAJAJA.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 7:11 AM Quote
tonybony wrote:
odio a chabelo, odio a chespirito y las telenovelas, maldita telebasura...(no se ofendan, solo no me gustan).
Oh como es triste ver extranjeros comiendo en Mc donalds!!! taaanta comida y tan buena y prefieren comer lo mismo q comen en su país. Saludos :)

Nada más no te enojes =S, jajaja. Pero la verdad es que sí hay mucha basura en la tele, estoy de acuerdo contigo.

Sí, qué le pasa a esos extranjeros que vienen a comer al McDonalds o al Burger King. Si nuestra comida es tan sabrosa =(. Aunque sólo algunos hacen eso, conozco a algunos que sí comen nuestra comidan tan rica =). Ignoremos a los que rechazan nuestros platillos, ya que sólo son para paladares educados y exquisitos, no para tontos que comen en McDonalds o Burger King =P.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
Anybody likes Julieta Venegas? I love some of her songs!

Mana´s drummer is really cool, i saw them this summer in Las Ventas, and he is absolutely crazy when he plays, it´s something worth seeing really...

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:01 AM