Travis

I MET THE BAND!!!!! but.....
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 9:39 AM Quote
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/travis044.jpg

Well, the concert was amazing as always, very noisy we are here in mexico, which is good, everybody's sings each song, even fran sang "20" without a microphone, and told us not to sing, or scream for everyone to hear it clearly, it was amazin hear it like that, it was different and cool, he sang it extremely good. The other part, we were screaming, singing, jumping XD.
The picture i put above was a bout a contest i won, it's called "filacero" in which, you can be on the first row, without having to form yourself very early, and seeing them closer. So, i was extremely happy about it, 'cause in the last concert i saw them really far.
First i went to the hotel "4 seasons" to see if they were there, i waited like an hour and a half, but there was nothing, so, i went to the venue
So, i was waiting outside to enter, when i finally enter to the venue, mi friend Buffsak (karla) and i went to the filacero part, so, they gave us a kind of strap, for them to recognize us, so, after the man told me:
"How fan ere you of travis"
so i aanswer:
"A big fan! ññ"
"What would you do to meet them?" he told
so i put my face of "OMG OMG OMG"
And they gave me another strap, it was for the Backstage i was lucky, because filacero just gave 5.
So i waited very nervous walking, trying to breath better, and then, the woman who was controling all about the backstage, lead us to the entreace of it, and she told us to wait, 'cause the band was late"
so i waited even more nervous. Bur then we finally enter, but they told us it was going to be a very short meeting, which i felt bad, 'cause i had questions to ask.
So, we entered, we walk a long corridor, went upstairs, and waited more there, but it feels like the nervous was going out, then i see them walking in the corridor beneath that floor, so, i smiled.
Then we went upstairs, Theb said hi to us (Dougie made it two times XD) So, i was not that nervous at that time, i was kind of shocked, like my mind in blank, i said hi to all too, and i wanted to say more, but i was not thinking what to say, so, a girl told me to took a photo with her camera, i said yes, and i was taking the photo, then the photographer came, beside me, and was about to taking his shot, but the girl of filacero told me "hey, but you're not going to be on it!" so i said "oh you're right!" (well, this last was in spanish XD so, Andy told me "Come here, so, i went beside him for the photo. Then they was signing our tickets, Andy was the first one, and i was in blank again, i was thinking yo ask about the hotel they were staying, but, there was everyone, so i tried to wait a little, so, then Neil signed my ticket, after Fran, when i got to dougie, i put my ticket on the book for him to sign it, but when he was about to do it, a girl put her own ticket and dougie sign it her, and ehile he was doing it, i make the question:
"are you staying on the 4 season hotel?"
and then he don't even look at me said
"No"
and then a the security guard said "hey, time to go!" and i just thinking "OMG OMG, i don't even talk, or make a question" there was no time actually, it was very short, and i just asked that!, i have the photo of the people of filacero (including me) with them,(well actually, filacero's going to send us that photo soon) but i didn't get a photo of me and them, but i felt that doguie was like distant or something.
You can see here, that i don't have the signature of Dougie.. :(
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/travis045.jpg
Well, now in the first row in the concert, i was thinking about the meeting again, but started selfish jean, and i started singing, and taking some shot from my camera, i was happy, but....
Then, i felt someone was taking away my camera, he was fast, the security guard don¿t even say anything, he just took my camera, but it wasl ike a battle between us to have the camera, but he took it!
So, i had to go out of the row, and he left me on another place to pick my camer at the end of the show, so, i return at the middle of eyes wide open, i was angry... 'cause a lot of people had cameras, and it was the way he took it away.
After of that i started enjoying it, singing, screaming, happy, smiling, well, everything.
The marvelous concert, was great, the echoes of everyone singing followin fran. Interaction, Good feelings, then fran smiled like 3 times to my place, i don't know if he smiled to me, but i did smile in return, it was really great.
I love their concerts, the feeling we feel on it, and i even met a lot of people today, was great almost everything, and i say almost, talking about the short time to talk, haha i just say hi, i didn't say my name either, or anything else, or another question besides "are you staying on the 4 seaons?" XD and the worst part!, the secutiry guard, ahhh!!!!...sorry
Well, there's a question i always wante to ask to fran, it's about walking in the sun, something i wopuld like to know, the question is "What's the meaning or what would you wante to say on this part of the lyrics "If you see me hit the ground, don't come near don't make a sound"?
Well, and another ones, but that's something it's been on my mind since i read for the first time walking in the sun lyrics.
Well, now i live you, some pics i took from my cellphone (ahh with my camera they would be better!!) hope you like though XD:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0268.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0269.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0272.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0288.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0303.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0308.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0319.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/jesusaremus/moto_0314.jpg

SORRY FOR THE LONG TALKING POST
What a great concert!! Travis are the best!

Re: I MET THE BAND!!!!! but.....
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 10:12 AM Quote
That's a good story!
It sounds like you were really unlucky. They must have arrived a bit late, because they normally love meeting fans (especially boardies I believe!). That security guard was harsh too, but those are good photos :)
Next time you'll have to wait outside and corner them after the show. Don't let Fran go until you've asked him about WITS!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 12:26 PM Quote
:O
in the gig in Chile the security allowed us to use our cameras!

something similar happened to me, I felt like there was so little time when I met them that I prefered to give them a hug instead of make questions xD!

Hope you get to meet them again the next year, and ask all the questions that you had for them...

killer queen
killer queen Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
you're not going to believe me!!! I dind't have a ticket but I was in the "Guests list", Nick put me there!!
When I thought I wuoldn't be in the concert I almost cried (well, in fact my eyes were just about to...) but then I saw Nick and I told him (apparentely he remembered me) so, I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy I almost cry again!!! (Ask Alma, she will tell)

The concert was GREAT!!!

And Jesus, I was thinking about going to the Four Seasons after my class of today (2:00 pm) but you say they're not there... Oh my God!! What do I do now? I went to the airport yesterday morning but they arrived realy late, I was in the queue at that time...

Anyway!! yesterday was one of my best days EVER!!!

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
Jesus porque no contestas el celular!

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:01 PM Quote

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:30 PM Quote
TALIA wrote:

NO HA SONADO!! QUE PASO!!??

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:32 PM Quote
TALIA wrote:

NO HA SONADO!! QUE PASO!!??

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
Ohhh! At least you got to meet them and most of all, you got to enjoy the concert from an excellent spot!
You never know how you're going to react when you meet them, maybe you'll forget everything you wanted to ask them and just stare at them (that would be my friend Emi haha), or maybe no matter how shy you are, you just can't keep your mouth shut! (That'd be my case, so embarrasing!).
Either way, as long as you cherish the moment, that's ok :o).

What was the setlist of the show?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 11 Nov, 2007 3:21 AM Quote
killer queen wrote:
you're not going to believe me!!! I dind't have a ticket but I was in the "Guests list", Nick put me there!!
When I thought I wuoldn't be in the concert I almost cried (well, in fact my eyes were just about to...) but then I saw Nick and I told him (apparentely he remembered me) so, I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy I almost cry again!!! (Ask Alma, she will tell)

The concert was GREAT!!!

And Jesus, I was thinking about going to the Four Seasons after my class of today (2:00 pm) but you say they're not there... Oh my God!! What do I do now? I went to the airport yesterday morning but they arrived realy late, I was in the queue at that time...

Anyway!! yesterday was one of my best days EVER!!!

Hahahahaha, thay was in W, Fran in Presidente Intercontinental...

they gone at 4 o'clock From Mexico...

Then, they signed all mi singles and vinyls, with dedicatory (specially Fran, he loves my Camera polaroid!!!!!)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 2:03 AM Quote
Thanks, yes, i believe they were quite tired, and i've heard that they love meeting fans, it was kind of strage either that i was there, it felt strange, but really really cool, that little short 2 minutes, i hope i can ask that question one day. I mean i hope i can meet them someday, againg, it would be cool to meet them, i've heard so many fans in here that have met them, and talk to them, but at least i jsut said hi! XD Thanks for the photos, they would be better with my camera, but yes, that security guard was really harsh, for a moment, i thought, he was gonna get me out of there, and i almost hit a british girl, and my friend, because the way he took me the camera away.

wow yulia you have a photo, i'm waiting for mine haha, i haven't saw mine, i hope i can see it soon and put it here.

Fabiola great! i told you you were going to the gig!!! i saw you! and you saw me for a second haha, i was with my black t-shirt of selfish jean. and white sleeves, i love my selfish jean t shirt, haha, there's something interesting on it, hope you can find it
My name is JEsus ivAN
haha that's why i love it more lol

and "i came in trough" what a long name lol, yes, i was afraid to be very nervous, fortunately i wasn't that nervous, i was shocked XD, but at least that short moment was great, and the concert was amazing!! i'm looking for the next gig next year! hope i can have more luck next year :)

I wll put the photo they took to us, as soon as fialcero send it to me! :)

alison_carroll
alison_carroll Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
I've met the band but it wasn't after a concert it was at the signing of the cd single "Closer" as you see my profile pic is me chatting to fran I have another pic which is me standing at the back with the band

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/kerrsglasgow/Travis/Picture012.jpgthis is me standing at the back with the band.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/kerrsglasgow/Travis/Picture013.jpgmy profile pic me chatting to fran.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/kerrsglasgow/Travis/Picture061-1.jpgand my signed cd "Closer"

TALIA
TALIA Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 7:33 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

and "i came in trough" what a long name lol, yes, i was afraid to be very nervous, fortunately i wasn't that nervous, i was shocked XD, but at least that short moment was great, and the concert was amazing!! i'm looking for the next gig next year! hope i can have more luck next year :)

I wll put the photo they took to us, as soon as fialcero send it to me! :)

Jesus, it was really nice to meet you ;) you're a very nice person.. and I'm soooo glad to know that you met them.. even if it was quick and not as you might have thought it was gonna be, but hey.. you were lucky!!!
It's sooo sad you couldn't meet them after the gig, I tried to call you! really!
I hope you get the chance to meet them again next year! ;) I met them again yesterday and it was nice :)
viste la pulserita de México? adivina quien se la dio a Fran jajaja se portó divino otra vez conmigo.. su "Hey Talia" no tiene precio ;)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
Quote: "Andy was the first one, and i was in blank again "Quote

Thats so funny J.I am a bit like that heehee . Then I usually say something really daft and out of context , Like, how is your budgie?

Anyway , glad to met them at last and achieved your goal :-)

alison_carroll
alison_carroll Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 4:58 PM Quote
I didn't expect to meet the band! which I will make as a good highlight of this year!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:23 AM