monkey Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2007 12:32 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
monkey wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
monkey wrote:
i can't see there being another single

What? Ever?

try reading the question Nikki asked in her post

"has anyone heard anything about a fourth single/video for TBWNN? Is there going to be one?"

maybe i should have used the quote function but unless you really are that stupid then i'm sure you were well aware of what i meant! ;)

It was a perfectly good question. Especially considering we are on the 2nd page of this thread and conversation can turn quite easily from one post to the next. "i can't see there being another single" could have meant either.

Thanks.

it was not a a "perfectly good question" at all, there have been numerous posts with people discussing that Fran had mentioned a new album for sometime next year, so why would i make some stupid and completely random statement about there never being another Travis single released ever again?, the topic quite clearly asks "has anyone heard anything about a fourth single/video for TBWNN? Is there going to be one?", anyone with any sense could see it was a reply to that question (other than yourself of course) and not a statement about no Travis singles ever again

Re: Next Single?
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2007 3:40 PM Quote
It was a slightly stupid question if you analyse everything said before and the implications and ambiguities. But frankly, this is a messageboard, does it really matter this much?!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
It was a slightly stupid question if you analyse everything said before and the implications and ambiguities. But frankly, this is a messageboard, does it really matter this much?!

Exactly. I could quite easily have mentioned his pathetic grammer. He's just one of quite a few idiots who post on this messageboard. Also, there has been people saying that they thought The Boy... was going to be their last album and there has been talks on a Radiohead forum about them not releasing singles any more. With that on my mind, it was a perfecly good question. Why "no, i just mean this album" couldn't have been his response, i have no idea.

Maybe i should ignore his posts from now on.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2007 6:44 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Exactly. I could quite easily have mentioned his pathetic grammer. He's just one of quite a few idiots who post on this messageboard. Also, there has been people saying that they thought The Boy... was going to be their last album and there has been talks on a Radiohead forum about them not releasing singles any more. With that on my mind, it was a perfecly good question. Why "no, i just mean this album" couldn't have been his response, i have no idea.

I repeat: this is a messageboard, does it really matter this much?!
There's no need to be rude to each other about one comment, and you seem rather too eager (desperate?) to point out his slight faults. Stop whingeing! :)

Finally did you mean Radiohead aren't going to release singles? (sorry if this resembles what you first asked, but I really don't know) I presume the radioheaders havent been having long conversations about Travis, though I Might Be Wrong ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 11:13 AM Quote
Now now children...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 1:46 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I repeat: this is a messageboard, does it really matter this much?!
There's no need to be rude to each other about one comment, and you seem rather too eager (desperate?) to point out his slight faults. Stop whingeing! :)

Finally did you mean Radiohead aren't going to release singles? (sorry if this resembles what you first asked, but I really don't know) I presume the radioheaders havent been having long conversations about Travis, though I Might Be Wrong ;)

I thought this was just a messageboard? You seem pretty keen yourself in continuing the conversation don't you? Mmmm.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 8:51 PM Quote
Sorry that you took offense and I can see why - that last post of mine was more aggressive and offensive than i had ever wanted. Mediating obviously isn't my forte!

So, next single, I believe. Now that we've established there are probably going to be more, are there any more off this album. I presume not if a new album is planned for the first half of next year. It would be a bit of Travis overload in the singles market :)

PS. I'm still working through the b-sides you recommended. The problem is I keep getting stuck on Just The Faces Change and The Connection - such good songs!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:43 AM Quote
Sorry that you took offense and I can see why - that last post of mine was more aggressive and offensive than i had ever wanted. Mediating obviously isn't my forte!

So, next single, I believe. Now that we've established there are probably going to be more, are there any more off this album. I presume not if a new album is planned for the first half of next year. It would be a bit of Travis overload in the singles market :)

PS. I'm still working through the b-sides you recommended. The problem is I keep getting stuck on Just The Faces Change and The Connection - such good songs!

Thanks. I still think they should release 1 more single from this album. Eyes Wide Open. And really push it. And then a new song will be out in about April at the earliest i should imagine.

Keep enjoying those b sides. The ones from this album are the very best i think. I do miss Dougie's songs though.

Kirsty McKenzie
Kirsty McKenzie Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 12:39 PM Quote
i would love another single but in the back of my mind im just thinking whats the point, it seems the only people who know about travis are people who are already fans. they are never on the music chanel and the only song ive lisened to on the radio is 'why dose it allways rain on me' none of there new stuff. im just glad that i have all there songs and can enjoy them when ever i want xx

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 3:19 PM Quote
Kirsty McKenzie wrote:
i would love another single but in the back of my mind im just thinking whats the point, it seems the only people who know about travis are people who are already fans. they are never on the music chanel and the only song ive lisened to on the radio is 'why dose it allways rain on me' none of there new stuff. im just glad that i have all there songs and can enjoy them when ever i want xx

Hey Kirsty. The only way they're going to get new fans is by releasing singles. It isn't going to happen otherwise.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Kirsty McKenzie wrote:

Hey Kirsty. The only way they're going to get new fans is by releasing singles. It isn't going to happen otherwise.

I definitely agree with that, but I'd be more inclined to have a break for a bit and then come back firing on all cylinders with a huge push for the first single from the new album. Especially if it's a great song - Eyes Wide Open is very good, but I think it would struggle to storm the charts.
Equally though, no more b-sides for a bit if they do that, and as you say, the b-sides are awesome at the moment :D

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 6:22 PM