Travis

Next Single?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 6:38 PM Quote
I love that the board is buzzing again because of the possible new album news by next spring/summer! :D I’ve just been wondering...since the guys are spilling info about the new album at recent gigs, has anyone heard anything about a fourth single/video for TBWNN? Is there going to be one?

If they’re going to do it, my vote is for “Eyes Wide Open” or “Battleships” either would make for a cool video!

Re: Next Single?
sara spain
sara spain Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 6:57 PM Quote
hope will be Battleships

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
There was a thread with some speculation that it was "Eyes Wide Open". This was fueled by Joe M. posting a finding on EBay of a single sent to radio stations of "Eyes Wide Open."

Who knows though.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:10 PM Quote
that's the single they play on The Bridge all the time... granted they never played My Eyes so... who knows.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
Like i said recently, it doesn't matter what song it is as it won't chart well, it's just a song to carry more b sides. If they push it, it could be a success and i think the best option for a single, with promotion, will be Eyes Wide Open. Although i prefer Battleships i think Eyes Wide Open could potentially chart better.

Even though i think they will and definitely should release a single from this album (they need to try and keep themselves out there) it might end up being a new song early next year. Hope for at least 1 more of this album though.

r3ntonAV
r3ntonAV Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
I would love to see a video for Eyes Wide Open or Battleships, i think both are great songs...

weezer
weezer Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
Battleships!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
I'd like the next single to be a new, stand-alone track like Coming Around was. It'd keep momentum going between the albums and, if it's good enough, it might actually do ok in the charts because of its non-albumness (<--technical term).

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 1:16 AM Quote
new amsterdam!
jajaja
i bet no one's gonna support my choice! jajaja
or... out in space =)
I like it too...

aaaaaaaa
who cares!
next single will rock!!! whichever they choose!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 8:55 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'd like the next single to be a new, stand-alone track like Coming Around was. It'd keep momentum going between the albums and, if it's good enough, it might actually do ok in the charts because of its non-albumness (<--technical term).

2 good points. Keep the momentum going (although there isn't much there, they need to keep at it) and also about the non album single. More people would probably buy it. Higher the chart position, the bigger advert it is for the band.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
I think that, apart from Selfish Jean, the only song from the new album with single quality is Big Chair. But I seem to be the only one who thinks so...

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 4:53 PM Quote
i agree!!!
big chair rocks too!!

:D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 7:02 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
If they’re going to do it, my vote is for “Eyes Wide Open” or “Battleships” either would make for a cool video!

In my mind, the video for Eyes Wide Open is really scary and dark- kinda like when they play it live and the spotlights on each band member comes on, but in some sort of spaceship. That'd be awesome!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Nikki wrote:

In my mind, the video for Eyes Wide Open is really scary and dark- kinda like when they play it live and the spotlights on each band member comes on, but in some sort of spaceship. That'd be awesome!

Yeah! I could totally see that, Paul! I've always felt that "Eyes Wide Open" had the same kind of vibe as "Side."

TALIA
TALIA Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2007 7:15 AM Quote
Battleships! i love it.. but reckon Eyes wide open would be a better single

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 PM