Travis

Re: Met the band last night!! + new album on it's way :-)
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
peno wrote:
Nice for you. I was also in Setrum Sene last night - a fine event. It was great being in the first line. I now how you feel meting the band, because I meet the four guys before the concert in DK last week.

Hello again! Peter, was it? I thought I had written a message for you on your profile but it sems to have dissapeared, lol :P
Well, me and Tonje stayed a little while outside the venue cause we saw a car waiting there for them. We watched the crew load equipment onto their trailer for a while, before the band came out as well. The guys were super sweet, and not at all frightening (eller skummelt som vi sier i Norge, hehe) ;)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Cool picys, good to hear you enjoyed the gig. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif

Great news about the album, although I did secretly expect the next one to be out quite promptly. They recorded loads of material in the last session after all, and I seem to remember Dougie or one of the band mentioning how the stuff that didn't make TBWNN can go on 'the next album'. I guess there's parallels with Radioheads Kid A/Amnesiac thing.

I'm not sure that those songs will be used on the new record as Andy and Dougie clearly told me that they wanted to WRITE new songs. And this is consistent with their desire to record the new album really quickly, the old-fashioned way to capture the energy of live takes. It wouldn't make much sense to use songs that are already written and recorded...

Oh ok. Well that's cool. I like the sound of this new grittier album. :)

I guess some of the songs from the previous studio session will filter their way through in the form of b-sides etc anyhoo.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I guess some of the songs from the previous studio session will filter their way through in the form of b-sides etc anyhoo.

I do hope some of Dougie's songs will appears as b-sides. Or even better - as album tracks :-)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 1:33 AM Quote
Aww! Great experience and news!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :o)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 1:46 AM Quote
Sounds amazing and I am incredibly excited about a new album so soon!!

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 8:05 AM Quote
new album??? wooohoooo :D

so that's why Fran said they'd be back next year - brilliant, brilliant.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:13 AM Quote
Wow, good to see Quicksand back in the set!! And also good to see Humpty Dumpty still in there- looks like a pretty good gig, i'm sure you loved it!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 9:13 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Wow, good to see Quicksand back in the set!! And also good to see Humpty Dumpty still in there- looks like a pretty good gig, i'm sure you loved it!

Quicksand was great! I love that song. They didn't play Humpty Dumpty though, cause someone requested U16 Girls, and they therefore skipped Humpty, which is okay with me, but I would have preferred both, hehe ;)

And yeah, I enjoyed the gig ALOT. Meeting up with fellow boardies and enjoying 1,5 hours of Travis was amazing!

Are
Are Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 9:27 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

FranFlower wrote:
Quicksand was great! I love that song. They didn't play Humpty Dumpty though, cause someone requested U16 Girls, and they therefore skipped Humpty, which is okay with me, but I would have preferred both, hehe ;)

My brother requested U16 Girls... YAY! At the Oslo concert in June I requested the song. I LOVE TRAVIS!!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:10 PM