Travis

A big hello from the USA!
elfy
elfy Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 1:46 PM Quote
Alright guys?

So I'm on my holidays. Woohoo! Me and Jen are over in the States visiting her parents. We're staying with her Dad in Atlanta until Friday and then we're going to South Carolina to stay with her Mum for a week.

This place rocks for shopping. Got myself an iPod the other day and four pairs of Levis for about the price you'd pay for one in the UK. Much cheapness!

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hope everyone's doing splendidly.

Toodle pip!

Re: A big hello from the USA!
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 2:02 PM Quote
Hello ! Have fun !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 2:05 PM Quote
watch out for Earthquakes

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 3:09 PM Quote
It sounds like you and the missus are having a great time. :-) Please say hi to her for me.

elfy wrote:
Alright guys?

So I'm on my holidays. Woohoo! Me and Jen are over in the States visiting her parents. We're staying with her Dad in Atlanta until Friday and then we're going to South Carolina to stay with her Mum for a week.

This place rocks for shopping. Got myself an iPod the other day and four pairs of Levis for about the price you'd pay for one in the UK. Much cheapness!

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hope everyone's doing splendidly.

Toodle pip!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
great to hear from you ! enjoy the cheapness and all the rest.... :)

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:08 PM Quote
SHOPPING UPDATE:

Four pairs of Adidas trainers yesterday for $160. That's about 80 quid! I love this country.

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:13 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Hello ! Have fun !

Thanks! I am!

ricv64 wrote:
watch out for Earthquakes

Hehe! I will. Think we're okay in Atlanta though. Hope I didn't just tempt fate.

Harmony1206 wrote:
It sounds like you and the missus are having a great time. :-) Please say hi to her for me.

Yeah, we are. Jen's glad to be seeing her family again. It's been a while. I'll pass on the hi for you.

Ursina wrote:
great to hear from you ! enjoy the cheapness and all the rest.... :)

Thanks! Oh believe me I am! Kinda need to stop buying stuff now actually....

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:21 PM Quote
remember anything with bubbles is called a soda

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:30 PM Quote
Hey Mr. Sounds like you're having a grand ol' time out there and have turned into a shopping maniac! Think i'd be wayyy out of control with those kinda prices too lol. Hope you and Jen are having fun :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 3:05 PM Quote
This may be a dumb question, but why are Levis so expensive in the UK? Is there a huge denim tax or something?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 3:26 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
SHOPPING UPDATE:

Four pairs of Adidas trainers yesterday for $160. That's about 80 quid! I love this country.

lol! i'm glad you're enjoying your trip! 4 pairs?? :D

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 5:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but why are Levis so expensive in the UK? Is there a huge denim tax or something?

In France, Levis have always been expensive - a pair is about 100 euros (approx 144 US $).
Clothes are more expensive in France than in the States due to taxes and the US $ versus Euro exchange ratio and maybe because we're willing to pay more for them.
The exchange rate between the £ and the US $ is pretty good if you're travelling to America these days - ditto with Euros.
AbsolutGreenspan

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
SHOPPING UPDATE:

Bloody hell !
It's not what i'd pay for a single pair here.
GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 6:01 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

In France, Levis have always been expensive - a pair is about 100 euros (approx 144 US $).
Clothes are more expensive in France than in the States due to taxes and the US $ versus Euro exchange ratio and maybe because we're willing to pay more for them.
The exchange rate between the £ and the US $ is pretty good if you're travelling to America these days - ditto with Euros.
AbsolutGreenspan

Thank you, professor. Wow! Tres cher! I'm surprised there isn't a Levi smuggling business going on. I guess if I've thought of it, there probably is.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Thank you, professor. Wow! Tres cher! I'm surprised there isn't a Levi smuggling business going on. I guess if I've thought of it, there probably is.

No problem mon amie !
How much is a pair of Levi's where you live ?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 PM