Travis

Re: Recommend me 1 song,
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Miles Away by Shack.

[That's where I should be, being absolutely drunk, dancing to Big Hand. Gutted.]

Don't mean to pour salt in the wound here but.. why aren't you, you've been looking forward to it all week, right?

Dubz
One Step Beyond

I been lookin forward to it for aaaages.
My mate couldnt make it, and I dont fancy going by myself coz the first coach back is at 4am, and that'll leave me alone in Bristol for 4 hours... I dont fancy getting raped or owt. Found a replacement friend, but then she had to work too.

Leaves me fucking gutted. But if anything bad happened to me in Bristol... Well I might've got a song written about me hahaha. Ach well, will just have to wait til Nov to see em in London Town. *cries*

I need to be drunk x

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Again, I quite like that, although it does sound like an 80's Franz Ferdinand. but it's still well done.

Dubz

I like the Falsetto next to the non-falsetto parts. I actually didn't know for sure it was the same person singing until I watched the video just now. Heh. They actually have at least one other song I like, but I won't recommend it because that would be against the rules. ;) I might pick up the album next time I hit the store. I've got a gift certificate that's been burning a hole in my pocket for a month now. :P

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
early version by Yolo County Lindseys' homeboys GAME THEORY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABHHPGbsRbU

later released by The Loud Family on Plants and birds and rock and things

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Miles Away by Shack.

[That's where I should be, being absolutely drunk, dancing to Big Hand. Gutted.]

Don't mean to pour salt in the wound here but.. why aren't you, you've been looking forward to it all week, right?

Dubz
One Step Beyond

My mate couldnt make it, and I dont fancy going by myself coz the first coach back is at 4am, and that'll leave me alone in Bristol for 4 hours... I dont fancy getting raped or owt. Found a replacement friend, but then she had to work too.

Leaves me fucking gutted. But if anything bad happened to me in Bristol... Well I might've got a song written about me hahaha. Ach well, will just have to wait til Nov to see em in London Town. *cries*

I need to be drunk x

Edit: i don't need to be drunk. I am just very bored and need a good night out.

Have a Jameson, I've plenty 'ere me and the lads are watchingthe footy and gettinn' a little "merry"

btw that's shit, working is no excuse for missing a great Ska band, bah tossers

Dubz
One Step Beyond

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Has anyone heard the album that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant did? I like her (she is the queen of straight no vibrato singing, which is quite difficult and you can't hide any flaws or bad notes) and I am quite intrigued by this mix.

Yep. I've heard a few tracks. I don't really remember the songs off the top of my head, I'd have to hear them to know, I suppose I liked them well enough, but they aren't on my "to check out further" list either. Maybe I'll put them on there and form a proper opinion. Heheh. :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:02 PM Quote

Interesting anecdote about the whole country thing, my mate phoned me yesterday and was obviously listening to Country FM in the car, he proceeded to tell me that "hey listen there's that Man of Constant Sorrow song by the Slippery Bottom Boys" I nearly dropped my phone I laughed so much.

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Miles Away by Shack.

Dubz
One Step Beyond

I need to be drunk x

Edit: i don't need to be drunk. I am just very bored and need a good night out.

Have a Jameson, I've plenty 'ere me and the lads are watchingthe footy and gettinn' a little "merry"

btw that's shit, working is no excuse for missing a great Ska band, bah tossers

Dubz
One Step Beyond

I know man. Ach. Whiskeeyyy. Cant stand the stuff anymore, might crack open the Sambuca tho.

Grinner
Lend me £10 and I'll buy you a drink...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Interesting anecdote about the whole country thing, my mate phoned me yesterday and was obviously listening to Country FM in the car, he proceeded to tell me that "hey listen there's that Man of Constant Sorrow song by the Slippery Bottom Boys" I nearly dropped my phone I laughed so much.

Dubz

lol...it really is a good song though! the entire "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack is very good...
btw...they're the Soggy Bottom Boys!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

lol...it really is a good song though! the entire "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack is very good...

For fucks sake man hahahahaha what a fucking name. It actually makes me feel sick.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I know man. Ach. Whiskeeyyy. Cant stand the stuff anymore, might crack open the Sambuca tho.

Grinner
#

Yeah but you cannae burn yer eyebrows aff with whiskey??

...well actually ye can it's quite funny, that was some night!!!

Not to worry lil'Grin the weekend is nearly here, get out "put your boots on your feet, and gimme some of that ol' Moon stomin'"

Dubz
Yeah, Yeah Yeah, Yeah Yeah

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Has anyone heard the album that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant did? I like her (she is the queen of straight no vibrato singing, which is quite difficult and you can't hide any flaws or bad notes) and I am quite intrigued by this mix.

Krausss' dobro player Shreds

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

For fucks sake man hahahahaha what a fucking name. It actually makes me feel sick.

yeah, i love it! it's actually the name of the band in the movie ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Grinner
#

Yeah but you cannae burn yer eyebrows aff with whiskey??

...well actually ye can it's quite funny, that was some night!!!

Not to worry lil'Grin the weekend is nearly here, get out "put your boots on your feet, and gimme some of that ol' Moon stomin'"

Dubz
Yeah, Yeah Yeah, Yeah Yeah

Haha. Yay for the weekend. I still don't quite know what i'm doing on saturday, gonna be the lamest birthday ever. Ach well, where there is booze there are good times!

Grinneyfuckkkkkk

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

isn't actually Ralph Stanleys old vocal added on to a newer recording ?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Oh right it's not real? Damn.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:07 AM