Travis

Recommend me 1 song,
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 6:39 PM Quote
Recommend 1 song, strict rules 1 song per day only!!! please

Shit video - Great Song (can't find an official vid)

Dubz

Re: Recommend me 1 song,
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
It feels hard to recommend a song since I don't know your musical taste at all. I thought about being really sarcastic and recommending a Travis song but I then decided that all I could do was suggest one that I liked and leave it at that.

I remember singing this to my son when he was in the hospital when he was three. (horrible virus, nothing chronic thankfully)

weird video because she is weird but i love her

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 7:46 PM Quote
well...i'm recommending this one because i jsut heard it on the radio and i still love it...

Possum Kingdom by The Toadies.

....i didn't know what the song meant until this year! talk about dense! haha

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 7:58 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
well...i'm recommending this one because i jsut heard it on the radio and i still love it...

Possum Kingdom by The Toadies.

....i didn't know what the song meant until this year! talk about dense! haha

good song! i love the titles of their songs...places in TX--possom kingdom...tyler...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
good song! i love the titles of their songs...places in TX--possom kingdom...tyler...

yess i noticed that!! haha

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:05 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
It feels hard to recommend a song since I don't know your musical taste at all. I thought about being really sarcastic and recommending a Travis song but I then decided that all I could do was suggest one that I liked and leave it at that.

I remember singing this to my son when he was in the hospital when he was three. (horrible virus, nothing chronic thankfully)

weird video because she is weird but i love her

I will listen to most things except manufactured pish (blobby williams, kylie manure, bad boyz inc zone limited life own), Tori Amos is an anomally to me, I qutie like some of her stuff, sleeping satellite, cornflake girl... and she is open to suggestion, I mentioned Armand van Helden's version of Professional Widow the other day. I think when a muscian is open to exploring other avenues and also letting someone else experiment withtheir work it's a good thing for music.... Johnny Cash - Nine Inch Nails, U2 - Paul Oakenfold, etc etc.

Unlike wankers like McCartney and Jackson who get all uptight and threaten to sue the minute someone even looks at their songs.

Dubz

*edit* I know the vid isn't great quality but the guy looking the window at the start looks like Malcolm McDowell

isma
isma Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:14 PM Quote
Great great song!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
Miles Away by Shack.

[That's where I should be, being absolutely drunk, dancing to Big Hand. Gutted.]

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
Vision Bell - by Dappled Cities

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
Double Post Attack!

Anyway,the video wasn't that awesome but I like the song.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Miles Away by Shack.

[That's where I should be, being absolutely drunk, dancing to Big Hand. Gutted.]

Don't mean to pour salt in the wound here but.. why aren't you, you've been looking forward to it all week, right?

Dubz
One Step Beyond

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:23 PM Quote
isma wrote:

I really like that, sounds sort of Trad/Folky/Celtic... does Basai Bulat translate to anything or is it just a name, out of interest??

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:35 PM Quote

Again, I quite like that, although it does sound like an 80's Franz Ferdinand. but it's still well done.

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Miles Away by Shack.

Don't mean to pour salt in the wound here but.. why aren't you, you've been looking forward to it all week, right?

Dubz
One Step Beyond

I been lookin forward to it for aaaages.
My mate couldnt make it, and I dont fancy going by myself coz the first coach back is at 4am, and that'll leave me alone in Bristol for 4 hours... I dont fancy getting raped or owt. Found a replacement friend, but then she had to work too.

Leaves me fucking gutted. But if anything bad happened to me in Bristol... Well I might've got a song written about me hahaha. Ach well, will just have to wait til Nov to see em in London Town. *cries*

I need to be drunk x

Edit: i don't need to be drunk. I am just very bored and need a good night out.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 8:41 PM Quote
Has anyone heard the album that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant did? I like her (she is the queen of straight no vibrato singing, which is quite difficult and you can't hide any flaws or bad notes) and I am quite intrigued by this mix.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:23 AM